Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tudor consider a Rolex?

Dear all,

Not sure if this is discussed before. Some say yes...some say no...Personally I would think so as they shared most of the parts, maybe minus the movement and one can service Tudor at any RSC.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Pumper View Post
    Dear all,

Not sure if this is discussed before. Some say yes...some say no...Personally I would think so as they shared most of the parts, maybe minus the movement and one can service Tudor at any RSC.

What do you guys think?
    Yes, they may share certain similarities but a Tudor is a Tudor and Rolex a Rolex. A Tudor is never a Rolex and a Rolex is never a Tudor.

Comment

IMO, no. Even though they r from the same mother company, why not brand them as Rolex but Tudor instead?

They always have an option to brand it as Rolex and then maybe vary it by the model or series but they chose not to...

Comment

I always have this perception that Tudor are rebaged Rolex. Eg Toyata Harrier vs Lexus RX. Correct me if I am wrong.
        I know the older Tudors shared lots of parts even the movement, only the brand name is different.

Comment

I believe they had a more symbiotic relationship in the past but IMO no, they are not the same. Infact I think Tudor has been trying to disassociate itself from Rolex in the last decade.

Tudor has come up with very distinctive designs of late and I doubt current generation Tudor parts are interchangable with Rolex as they were in the past. Tudor also uses materials and technology that are not found in Rolex (vice versa), the ball bearing clasps of the Black Bay and the use of Titanium on the Pelagos comes to mind.

Comment

Rolex is Rolex...Tudor is Tudor...never the same...just like a pair of twins born from the same set of parents...the twins r different too...Cheers!
            My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
            Rolex DateJust 16233,
            Rolex Submariner 16613LN
            Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
            Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
            Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
            Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
            Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
            Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
            Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
              I believe they had a more symbiotic relationship in the past but IMO no, they are not the same. Infact I think Tudor has been trying to disassociate itself from Rolex in the last decade.

Tudor has come up with very distinctive designs of late and I doubt current generation Tudor parts are interchangable with Rolex as they were in the past. Tudor also uses materials and technology that are not found in Rolex (vice versa), the ball bearing clasps of the Black Bay and the use of Titanium on the Pelagos comes to mind.

Comment

Is a same question like, is Toyota a Lexus

Comment

Rolex are for people who can afford a Rolex.
                  Tudor is for people who can't affor a Rolex !!!

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                    Like +1

Comment

rolex is rolex ... the real oyster
                      tudor is a sister company to fill the gap, use ETA movement plus rolex styling ...

Comment

I beg to differ. Tudor has a different appeal. I have rolexes but I am also drawn to their design..esp the newer ones.

Comment

Nowadays who cant afford a Rolex?

Tudor just brings a different appeal to a different group.

Maybe in the past, but in todays world, people dont buy Tudor becos they cant afford Rolex.

Comment

I beg to differ, there are still many folks out there who can't afford a Rolex for now but I'm sure they will soon. Rolex and Tudor are of 2 character so not necessary those who can't afford a Rolex for now will buy Tudor as a subsitude

Comment

May I quote another example like Chery and Volvo? lol

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X