Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jun 2012 Rolex List price (page 124/125)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if I were to pay in cash would there be more discount given or at least price difference ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Congratz! Do post some pics of the beautiful watch if you can.

Thanks ... im surprise my laopok sony camera can capture the rolex etching at 6 o' clock crystal.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• I can read the manuel 20398757 times and still get confused haha... certainly not a clever guy so i will just in the mean while enjoy the craftmanship of the watch.

I think Im a two-toned fan .... =)

Comment

• Originally posted by raven View Post
          fist of all congrats !!

anyway, which THG has sub-c and gmtIIc at the moment ? will you please shed some light ?
          Try the THG at the shopping centre Richmond Park (the one with Logo P at the top... dun really know the shopping centre name), the have the stock but not display out, the one beside Paragon.... Or you can try Rolex in Orchard Ion =)

Ask them... they keep it in the store =)

Comment

• Super Nice Watches

saliva drooling....

Comment

• i have a 2006 submariner 16610LV 50th anniversary model to let go.

anyone interested?

Comment

• i have a 2006 submariner 16610LV 50th anniversary model planning to let go.

Any one interested? Still have not decide what price to sell.... maybe about 7k?

Comment

• Sorry bros,

Just want to check if you all ever see rolex prices drop at official dealers for those less popular models? Aiming for the new Explorer II at the moment but heard that price is quite steep for it now as demand is still strong for it and it is relatively new and thus if can should wait for demand to subside then price will drop? Is this true? Or will the price just stay there? Anyone got any new updates on how much is it now?

Comment

• Originally posted by nim
                    What you mentioned is true
                    Discount for less popular or old model is always higher and new models almost always sell for a premium above listed price
                    Hi bro,

how often does rolex come out with new models? every year?

Comment

• Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                      I can read the manuel 20398757 times and still get confused haha... certainly not a clever guy so i will just in the mean while enjoy the craftmanship of the watch.

I think Im a two-toned fan .... =)

Very nice watches!!! Envy.
                      But yeah your GMT setting is sala.. nvm lah look good can alrdy
                      A crown for every achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by mkv View Post
                        Very nice watches!!! Envy.
                        But yeah your GMT setting is sala.. nvm lah look good can alrdy
                        Thanks!!
                        Oh! What you mean the setting is wrong? Can advice?? Newbie wahaha

Comment

Thanks!!
                          Okay, now your Green hand (GMT hand) is showing slightly short of 16, which is the same as your normal hands 1548 H.
                          So essentially you are not using the GMT function.

Your GMT hand should be positioned at the GMT time, which in this case is either at 0748 H (if it is 1548), or at 1748 H (if it is 348 AM)
                          This is because Singapore is GMT +8. (Meaning that if the GMT hand is at 24, the local time should read 8am)

If you go other countries, then you can just set the rotating bezel to the corresponding GMT +/- and read off the GMT hand.

Or you can do the maths yourself and add / minus the hours accordingly from the green hand in your new time zone to get the local time.

The point of the GMT function is so that when you go to any time zone, and with knowledge of the GMT local variation, you can add / minus as required to know your local time, at the same time know what time it is back home in Singapore.

Read this article for more info.

http://www.koniaris.com/rolex/

End of OT. Sorry.
                          A crown for every achievement

Comment

• Nice watches! Hope to get the GMT ceramic or Sub TT black-gold next. :S

Thanks mkv for the explanation too.

Actually allowing the GMT hand (red hand) to be at local time (Singapore for me for example), is better imho.
                            This will allow you to 'quickset' the country you are travelling to with the hour hand, as you would not have the need to pull the crown out all the way out, and thus disrupt any pinpoint time keeping you have been upkeeping. Also, setting the GMT hand is slightly more tedious if you compare it to setting the hour hand.

So in short :
                            GMT hand = your local time
                            hour hand = foreign time
                            bezel = up to you to set, but usually dont need to, unless you are a frequent flyer across 3 time zones like commercial pilots

No right and wrong I guess.
                            I could be wrong though, veterans please advise.

Comment

Thanks!!

:S

jackjack bro, you are too humble.
                              "newbie" but your watches are hardly classified under that, especially when you put the full functions of the daytona into listing!

drool drool.

Comment

• Thanks buddy. finally i know that Singapore in GMT +8. hmmm.... A few things to play, and a few to discover with the GMT2... never regret that piece

Originally posted by mkv View Post
                                Okay, now your Green hand (GMT hand) is showing slightly short of 16, which is the same as your normal hands 1548 H.
                                So essentially you are not using the GMT function.

Your GMT hand should be positioned at the GMT time, which in this case is either at 0748 H (if it is 1548), or at 1748 H (if it is 348 AM)
                                This is because Singapore is GMT +8. (Meaning that if the GMT hand is at 24, the local time should read 8am)

If you go other countries, then you can just set the rotating bezel to the corresponding GMT +/- and read off the GMT hand.

Or you can do the maths yourself and add / minus the hours accordingly from the green hand in your new time zone to get the local time.

The point of the GMT function is so that when you go to any time zone, and with knowledge of the GMT local variation, you can add / minus as required to know your local time, at the same time know what time it is back home in Singapore.

Read this article for more info.

http://www.koniaris.com/rolex/

End of OT. Sorry.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X