Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jun 2012 Rolex List price (page 124/125)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McLeod View Post
    Hi Dfive, thanks for reassuring
    S/Steel sports model in particular.
    ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by McLeod View Post
      My bad. What I really meant was that I don't feel like spending $10k+ on a S/Steel model. Gold at least has gold price as indicator, but steel, the value is all in the workmanship and the brand, which are less tangible.
      In fact the ss models are even higher sought after than the gold models. Go orchard and ask around, u won't likely find ss sports models currently (I just did that last week). Thou another gmtii tt is on my radar. ^^
      Beep Beep!!!!!

Comment

• Wow, a lot of questions, let me attempt to answer some of them

14060m and 116610 do not belong to the same generation
        14060m should be compared with the 16610
        The new 116610 intorduced in 2010 has a number of upgrades which makes the sub looks more modern now
        Eg enlarged case, lugs, maxi dial, blue lume, solid clasp, etc

Some prefer the 14060 as it does not come with the cyclops, looks cleaner
        Some prefer the cyclops look as it is unique to rolex

Among the 3 models, 14060, 16610, 116610, i would go for the latest model 116610 for the upgraded features

As for the face of a watch, its call the dial

Between a sub and a daytona, i would buy both because both are legendary rolex sports models
        If budget is a concern, get the sub first, the sub c now retail at 11,200 and the daytona 15,750
        Both with no discount and the daytona almost always with a 1-2k premium

White gold is not platinum, they are different materials
        White gold is Au, platinum is Pt (referring to chemical symbols)
        Au is more expensive than Pt

Originally posted by McLeod View Post
        Sorry guys, more questions from me....

I am revising my plan and explore the option to get a s/steel sports model for myself.
        I see 14060M and 116610 have the same spec except the latter has date display.
        In terms of preserving value, which model (with date, without date) is better?

Honestly I prefer a daytona but it is stretching my budget a bit (166520).
        BTW in one of the catalogue it shows two versions, one white and one black 'face' (sorry not sure what is the proper term .
        I am referring to the background of the display area). Are they differentiated by a suffix or else how to identify them?

between daytona and and submariner s/steel models (those mentioned above), which is better choice ?

One side question. In the PDF datejust 31 catalog from Rolex site, it says "white gold" for 178279 and "platinum" for 178246.
        What is the difference in the material (not the design)? I always thought white gold == platinum.

Comment

• Bro, platinum is more ex then white gold, as the content is more pure. White gold is a mixture of yellow gold plus other materials...
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

• Sorry, should have mentioned pure gold vs pure platinum
            Pure gold is 10% more ex than pure platinum

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
            Bro, platinum is more ex then white gold, as the content is more pure. White gold is a mixture of yellow gold plus other materials...

Comment

• Thanks all for your advice.

Did some more research on the 'net. Indeed the Daytona S/Steel models depreciates much less than the half gold versions.
              Can someone enlighten what is the reasons behind? Is it as simple as there is a high premium when buying a new half gold model?
              e.g. I saw a 10yo 116523 asking for $12k-$16 (w/o and w/ cert), in contrary to what my friends been telling me that Rolex will appreciate it's value over time. Ok there might be other reasons that caused the drop in value like scratches but still a surprise to me.

Is the certificate mentioned in the pre-owned ad mean a cert from Rolex after the shop / previous owner has brought the watch for authentication?

Comment

• The reason for diff in resale price could be ss looks better than tt and hence more popular
                Btw a 10yr old 116523 asking 16k?
                14k seems to be the market price for a 10yr tt daytona mint with full set
                Full paper refer to the original cert, not the authentication receipt

Comment

• I intend to buy Daytona (116520)
                  What will be the price now?

Comment

• Originally posted by marvick View Post
                    I intend to buy Daytona (116520)
                    What will be the price now?
                    I just went to remove wifey's DJ links and enquire about it. It's $16600 if I'm not wrong. with another $400 for white dial and $1.4k for black dial with premium. What a nice 1st post btw. FTW!
                    Beep Beep!!!!!

Comment

• I just bought a daytona for $12,200 before the price increase.
                      It's abt $14k now, 6 months waiting list. Won't see anymore price increase this yer cos
                      They Inc 5-10% in june2012.

Comment

• $12.2K from a local AD or grey dealer?

Originally posted by kTK View Post
                        I just bought a daytona for $12,200 before the price increase.
                        It's abt $14k now, 6 months waiting list. Won't see anymore price increase this yer cos
                        They Inc 5-10% in june2012.

Comment

• 12,200SGD was from an Europe Rolex shop

Comment

• should have brought a daytona when the price was still hovering around 13k++

Comment

• Good deal!

Originally posted by kTK View Post
                              12,200SGD was from an Europe Rolex shop

Comment

• Found this link by google search http://www.ginault.com/Rolex/Rolex-Price-List-2011.html which shows the price list for most, if not all rolex models for 2011 (in USD) as well as 2010 (in EUR), but 2012 prices are not readily available online though.

Rolex owner since 2010
                                Previously owned:
                                Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                                GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                                Current collection:
                                Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                                GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                                Upcoming/Wishlist:
                                "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse