Rolex Oyster Lock folding Claps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Oyster Lock folding Claps

Hi, I am fascinated with the new sturdy bracelet with folding claps that comes along with current models.

My question is does this new bracelet with folding claps fit onto older model, for example to fit onto a Explorer 36mm (114270) ?

I was considering getting certain older sport model but I would like to change the bracelet to the newer one.

How many type of lug size does sport model has or how do I know what is my watch's lug size, I have a 214270 ?

My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
    Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
    Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
    Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
    Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
    Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
    A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
    Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
    Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
    Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

if you're using a new style clasp from a 20mm bracelet (eg, subc) on an old style bracelet (eg, 36mm explorer), the clasps are interchangeable.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer8813 View Post
      Hi, I am fascinated with the new sturdy bracelet with folding claps that comes along with current models.

My question is does this new bracelet with folding claps fit onto older model, for example to fit onto a Explorer 36mm (114270) ?

I was considering getting certain older sport model but I would like to change the bracelet to the newer one.

How many type of lug size does sport model has or how do I know what is my watch's lug size, I have a 214270 ?

Yes the new bracelet will fit on an older 36mm explorer.
      Lug size remains 20mm.

I have personally fitted my Daytona 116520 bracelet onto a Rolex datejust 16264
      Problem is getting the bracelet as it is not easy to buy seperately and also very costly.

Comment

bear in mind that SEL bracelets need a groove in between the lugs to seat properly, using the new bracelet on models that do not have that groove will potentially grind away at the (older model) case over time.

some models have it even though they were sold with hollow end link bracelets (eg 16710) but not all. if the clasp is what makes a diffference, just swap the clasp. reduce spring bar scratches also.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks for the great advice, perhaps will just change the new folding clasp instead of the whole bracelet including the clasp.

Originally posted by taxico View Post
          if the clasp is what makes a diffference, just swap the clasp. reduce spring bar scratches also.
          My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
          Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
          Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
          Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
          Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
          Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
          A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
          Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
          Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
          Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer8813 View Post
            Thanks for the great advice, perhaps will just change the new folding clasp instead of the whole bracelet including the clasp.
            Yes, saves trouble and maybe cost.
            Make sure you go brush steel with brush steel.
            Dont end up full brushed steel bracelet with polished center clasp.

And before anyone jumps which joy, thinking that its gonna be a walk in the park getting a Rolex clasp seperately from its bracelet, dont.

In my experience, it has been very very tough. The slightly easier way is to get the whole bracelet which includes the clasp.
            Or replace a Rolex with strap, freeing up the bracelet for another watch.

Good luck folks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X