"For the price we pay.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
    Because of exclusivity mah.. Like not just any tom dick and harry can get hold of these spare parts what... You think rsc would just sell us if we were to go there and just buy these parts over the counter.. I don't think so la bro.. So since these other sellers can get hold of these parts hence they sort of charge a premium plus profit and sell to others at a higher price la..
    That's precisely the point! RSC's policy isn't doing any good for consumers. It's purely benefiting only the company (or foundation). At the same time, making us pay double for it!! We are talking about watches that cost thousands and thousands of dollars here.

Originally posted by BryChar
    When we buy a Rolex, the trust that are placed on the RSC people servicing it ,is built into the brand. No way to find out, except believe that they will replace the parts when they say so.
    Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    Showing the new parts and the changed parts is not an assurance that the old parts are replaced by the new parts, or are replaced at all, unless they perform the operation under your eyes. So you are actually merely talking feel-good factor, but even such feel-good factor is built on trust.

By the way, did anyone make such a request at RSC before, and what was the response?
    Yes, there is certainly a reasonable level of trust on RSC. Why aren't they giving us back the same level of trust. I see some very loyal ROLEX customers (or fans) who have been with the brand for decades, if not longer. And many others who own multiple models, etc. If any big car servicing company/AD can do something so simple, as to show their customers what had been done, I don't see why a (smaller) watch service company can't. Whether it's "feel-good" factor only or the services are genuinely provided, it's probably some basics that a service provider can and must do. This is especially so when the servicing and repair costs of watches are increasingly (sky) high.

This actually led me on to ponder this..

Many luxury watch companies are perpetually vying for a bigger percentage of the consumer market. Year in year out, each will try to outdo one another with newer and more sophisticated designs, newer functions, materials, etc. To a certain extent I have observed, some ran out of ideas because doing this on yearly basis can be too fast. Just like how the mobile phone brands are doing now. Thus I was thinking, why not re-look at your current company policies and see how tweaking some conditions in aftersales and parts and accessories can better bring in more sales for watches and create a more robust consumer base?

I have heard one of the reasons people are turned away from buying certain watches was because the models are obsoleted very soon, after they were produced. Do they know this?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ahhh, then I shall create another thread for this..

" WHAT MAKES YOU SHY AWAY FROM A WATCH BRAND "

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Many luxury watch companies are perpetually vying for a bigger percentage of the consumer market. Year in year out, each will try to outdo one another with newer and more sophisticated designs, newer functions, materials, etc. To a certain extent I have observed, some ran out of ideas because doing this on yearly basis can be too fast. Just like how the mobile phone brands are doing now. Thus I was thinking, why not re-look at your current company policies and see how tweaking some conditions in aftersales and parts and accessories can better bring in more sales for watches and create a more robust consumer base?
        Now you sound like a business guy, Ocean I agree with what you say here. In fact many businesses are already doing that - selling not only the products but also accessories, contents, value-added service and even "enhance warranty" at point of sales. However, the success of such supplementary/extended business is very much dependent on the success of the core products although they are some exceptions.

The thing with Rolex is, they needn't have to do that.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

That's precisely the point! RSC's policy isn't doing any good for consumers. It's purely benefiting only the company (or foundation). At the same time, making us pay double for it!! We are talking about watches that cost thousands and thousands of dollars here.

Yes, there is certainly a reasonable level of trust on RSC. Why aren't they giving us back the same level of trust. I see some very loyal ROLEX customers (or fans) who have been with the brand for decades, if not longer. And many others who own multiple models, etc. If any big car servicing company/AD can do something so simple, as to show their customers what had been done, I don't see why a (smaller) watch service company can't. Whether it's "feel-good" factor only or the services are genuinely provided, it's probably some basics that a service provider can and must do. This is especially so when the servicing and repair costs of watches are increasingly (sky) high.

I have heard one of the reasons people are turned away from buying certain watches was because the models are obsoleted very soon, after they were produced. Do they know this?
          A very reasonable arguement... You have a point there bro... I too really don't know why these swiss watch manufacturers, brands aren't focusing on improving their after sales service and providing customer satisfaction... They seem to be more keen on profiting more from sales and their yearly turnover only it seems.. They don't seem to be thinking more about the future of their brand and how to secure more customers and making sure customers keep returning to them...
          HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
          ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
          Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
          Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
          Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
          TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
          G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
          Rolex ladies datejust
          vintage Cartier tank 18k
          TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Ahhh, then I shall create another thread for this..

" WHAT MAKES YOU SHY AWAY FROM A WATCH BRAND "

You should start that thread soon bro..
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k

Comment

Originally posted by BryChar
              Rolex can raise price anytime and people still buy, Omega have been trying hard ! Check out and compare omega planet ocean 4500 prices 3 years ago and now. You'll realize why Rolex as a brand is so well sought after !
              Yup.. They can raise prices on their sales of watches but i think they should lower the costs for the masses who buy their watches and wanna maintain their watches with rolex.. I mean, rolex should be more focused on satisfying the majority of their customers who are buying their watches and do something... Rolex are already losing more money on revenue due to counterfeits and replicas... And also losing money cos most of the rolex buyers source ouside watchmakers and jewellers to service and maintain their watches instead of sending to rsc.. So making affordable and reasonable maintenance will increase rolex's monetary earnings... But will they make changes..?? That's a whole new story..
              HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION

HER'S
              Rolex ladies datejust
              vintage Cartier tank 18k

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                Yup.. They can raise prices on their sales of watches but i think they should lower the costs for the masses who buy their watches and wanna maintain their watches with rolex.. I mean, rolex should be more focused on satisfying the majority of their customers who are buying their watches and do something... Rolex are already losing more money on revenue due to counterfeits and replicas... And also losing money cos most of the rolex buyers source ouside watchmakers and jewellers to service and maintain their watches instead of sending to rsc.. So making affordable and reasonable maintenance will increase rolex's monetary earnings... But will they make changes..?? That's a whole new story..
                "Losing money" should read "making less money" (and very insignificantly less money relative to their earning).

The revenue coming from the service centres is one of the main sources of income/profit for Rolex, hence "making affordable maintenance will increase rolex's monetary earnings" does not make sense and is not in line with the strategy of any high-end luxury brand. Improve its customer service to justify the high charges? Yes. However, with its dominant position in the watch industry, Rolex hasn't had a big issue with customer retention and so it is not surprising that they aren't focusing a lot on providing great customer service.

Comment

For luxury goods I guess the usual economic rationalising doesn't always apply. The higher it is priced out of reach of the average joe, the more it costs to maintain and wear the piece, the more desirable it is to own this as a status symbol to tell others "I have arrived"
                  elusive

Comment

"For the price we pay"

You should get what you pay. This is what I believe in, therefore when I feel that I am being shortchanged. I will bring my business to someone else who appreciates it.

Different customers have different standards so it's very subjective. In the end, spend hard earned money must be happy. Cheers
                    相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
                      "For the price we pay"

You should get what you pay. This is what I believe in, therefore when I feel that I am being shortchanged. I will bring my business to someone else who appreciates it.

Different customers have different standards so it's very subjective. In the end, spend hard earned money must be happy. Cheers
                      I like what you said here. Not happy don't buy.

Not only different customers have different standards, same customer may also have different standards towards similar things/situations. If one is arguing about fair practice and rights, shouldn't it be "regardless of how much we pay" instead of "for the price we pay"? Does the same practice become fairer/more acceptable if less money is involved?

Comment

Out-of-warranty repair is a separate business

Now look at this from a different angle.

Assuming the said issue of not getting back the defective parts is not an issue when the repairs are covered under warranty, as the manufacturer only has the obligation to make right the defects.

So we are actually talking about out-of-warranty repair where the consumers have to pay for the repair and parts. It is then important to recognize that out-of-warranty repair & servicing is a separate business for almost all businesses. I won't go into details but basically the cost of warranty is budgeted for (usually as part of cost of sales), while out-of-warranty repair & servicing is a profit centre. Both warranty and out-of-warranty repair & servicing can be outsourced (not saying this is the case for Rolex). What I am getting at is, Rolex is not obligated to explain at the point of sales of watches the policy of a separate business.

Then the point about if it is fair for Rolex to retain the parts owned by you/you already paid for. If you now look at the repair offered as a separate service/run as a separate business, you are actually buying the service when you send in your watch for non-warranty repair. At that point, as in most sales transactions, there is a new sales/service agreement which you have the choice to enter into or not.

Ok, I foresee that you may now argue that there is nowhere else you can get the parts required for repair due to Rolex policy, leaving you with no choice. Yes, you have the other choice to throw away the watch like you would with a TV that is beyond repair. The laws do not require the manufacturer to provide parts and repair service beyond the warranty period (actually, not even within warranty period).

Again I am not saying I am happy with such policy of RSC but I try not to put myself in an unhappy situation.

Comment

IMO, Rolex as a brand & Rsc as a after sales service centre has the upper hand on these issues. As long as the majority of their clients do not voice objection or boycott their product/services, it will be business as usual. Personally, i do not forsee a massive negative feedback to the company HQ therefore I am not expecting any improvements and will try my best to avoid Rsc Singapore.

Not all businesses put client satisfaction before numbers(profits)and I accept that. This just proves how strong the Demand for the brand is.

Ps: I still love my Rolexes.
                          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X