Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it is a good deal for this pre-own Rolex Submariner (16610) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it is a good deal for this pre-own Rolex Submariner (16610) ?

Hi gentlemen,

A friend of mine came across a local shop selling a pre-own Rolex Submariner (16610) for $7.2K, it is a v-series and unamed local set that comes complete with box and papers, conditon is relatively good (95% in his opinion) with only some hairline scratches and no dings/dents.

However, the only setback is that there is only one spare link but my friend is still able to have the watch fit into his wrist.

Hence, appreciate your kind advise if it is a good deal/lobang ?

Regards,
    Endless_
    • Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (116523)
    • Rolex DateJust Jubilee 36mm (116234)
    • Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000 (116600)
    • Rolex Submariner Date (116610LN)
    • Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon-to-Mars (3577.50.00)
    • IWC Schaffhausen Pilot's Watch Chronograph (IW377701)
    • Officine Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Titanio (PAM00351)
    • Officine Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Acciao (PAM00359)
    • Longines Conquest Heritage (L16114752)
    • Sovil et Titus 天長地久 1997 (06-0300-003)

links are ~$50 each at RSC and i am sure all dealers have a plenty of spare links.

unnamed warranty is common even to this day. 95% condition is your friend's opinion and very subjective.

without seeing the watch and knowing its history, pricing is difficult to determine. if it is truly unpolished from factory and in 95% condition and with a recent RSC service, i think 7.2k is not overpaying.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I believe the cost of one (SS) bracelet link for the Submariner (16610) at the RSC S'pore is between $120 and $130.

I think the price is ok, taking into consideration that you are getting it from a shop.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

you are right - i have no idea why i keep thinking links are still about $50...

this was my jan 2014 receipt for 16570 - i assume no real difference in price for sub link as they are physically the same thing except for polished sides.

a complete link with screw costs ~$90.

a screw is ~$6.

prices exclude GST. and i think RSC may charge additional amounts for labour...

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i saw a very new 16610 at the shop beside peng kwee in bencoolen 2 weeks ago lor. even the side stickers still not yet removed. looks like new. $6500.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
            i saw a very new 16610 at the shop beside peng kwee in bencoolen 2 weeks ago lor. even the side stickers still not yet removed. looks like new. $6500.
            K series (2012) 6500 at monster time

http://www.monster-time.com/product....d=1786&scid=24
            elusive

Comment

yes, is better than u buy from 2nd hand shops

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                K series (2012) 6500 at monster time...
                sub dates sell very well in all markets/territories... although POSSIBLE, a K series sub date is unlikely to be sold in 2012. probably a blank warranty card that was dated at a later time?

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  sub dates sell very well in all markets/territories... although POSSIBLE, a K series sub date is unlikely to be sold in 2012. probably a blank warranty card that was dated at a later time?
                  Sorry my bad. Didn't realize the typo. It's actually 2002 not 2012. I just wanted to give some perspective on the pricing.
                  elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X