Mid size and Men's Size...Significance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    True. At the end of the day, just boils down to individual preference. Those men that like mid size will think 40mm and above sucks big time. Those like myself who likes men sized will probably feel that anything < 38mm looks sissy and yucks on the wrist...
    Hahaha...u very manly i know

But I talking about cost wise...if we look just at the cost..savings about 1k upfront worth it?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Hahaha...u very manly i know

But I talking about cost wise...if we look just at the cost..savings about 1k upfront worth it?
      Not worth it. Spend a bit more and buy a bigger watch and looks like a real man!

To me, anything <38mm makes me look gu niang on my wrist. Haha
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Not worth it. Spend a bit more and buy a bigger watch and looks like a real man!

To me, anything <38mm makes me look gu niang on my wrist. Haha
        Hahaha....ok anymore comments?

Comment

You buying new toy and seeking some opinion here?

Sometimes not just individual preference counts. Have to wear the watches and physically make comparisons. Best if being a charbo there. Sometimes they have better taste than men.

At the end of the day, buy something that look good on you. Not something that can give good savings.

Comment

You buying new toy and seeking some opinion here?

Sometimes not just individual preference counts. Have to wear the watches and physically make comparisons. Best if being a charbo there. Sometimes they have better taste than men.

At the end of the day, buy something that look good on you. Not something that can give good savings.
            No la not into the DJ coz I already have. But just curious and wondering if the small savings is good or not.

Comment

Darkie.. for your case, also buy something that you can trade easily.. cos it seems that way for you. Mid size watches offer only minimal savings so for me, I won't bite the bait... Cos should I really like the watch it can allow me to use it for a longer period.

But the TT SUB got no mid size mah.. u setting a new target?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                Darkie.. for your case, also buy something that you can trade easily.. cos it seems that way for you. Mid size watches offer only minimal savings so for me, I won't bite the bait... Cos should I really like the watch it can allow me to use it for a longer period.

But the TT SUB got no mid size mah.. u setting a new target?
                Yeah true...I have to get something that can be traded easily. Eh...I can wear a 40mm watch leh...why TT sub must be mid size..i didnt say i want midsize leh

Comment

IMO, i agree & disagree wif some hre. If u buy for resale pupose, then size doesn't matter 2 much. Rite? Its te resale tat matters mos. Nw, if u buy for its aesthetic, then resale becomes less of an issue. Rite? Then weather or nt wat size, dpends largely on one's preference, wrist-size & IMO, te design of te watch oso. Cos' if u wear a classic type tat is 45mm, how does it look like. As compared to wearing a sports type tat is 34mm..

So te deisgn mus suit te size oso. Tis r all said in my own opinion only. Thanks for reading.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    IMO, i agree & disagree wif some hre. If u buy for resale pupose, then size doesn't matter 2 much. Rite? Its te resale tat matters mos. Nw, if u buy for its aesthetic, then resale becomes less of an issue. Rite? Then weather or nt wat size, dpends largely on one's preference, wrist-size & IMO, te design of te watch oso. Cos' if u wear a classic type tat is 45mm, how does it look like. As compared to wearing a sports type tat is 34mm..

So te deisgn mus suit te size oso. Tis r all said in my own opinion only. Thanks for reading.

Ok...

So all up to u la..i know

Comment

i've got a small wrist and i owned 2 boy size rollies long time back. Sold them off eventually....although they're cheaper compared to men size rollies but when you sell it to pre-owned shops...the boy size watch resale value is much lesser compared to men size watch...nett nett...you're back to square one. might as well get a men size watch...

let's not talk about rollies...most of the other swiss made watches are 38mm min or bigger (in fact the bigger the better now)...if you're going to collect timepieces as a hobby in future..you'll find your boy size rollie too small and it'll not get the wrist time eventually..just speaking from my experience.

cheers

james
                      Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 13-01-08, 10:35 PM.
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV
                      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                        i've got a small wrist and i owned 2 boy size rollies long time back. Sold them off eventually....although they're cheaper compared to men size rollies but when you sell it to pre-owned shops...the boy size watch resale value is much lesser compared to men size watch...nett nett...you're back to square one. might as well get a men size watch...
                        Very true. Boy size resale can never be the same as the man size ones. If resale is or will be a concern, then shld consider the man size

Comment

if you wanna buy mid size..better get a 2nd hand one because u will lose alot if u are gonna sell it..personally, i think 31 mm is too small..

Comment

Dunno abt others la... i'm tried some smaller sized watches on my wrist and it dosent look gd... so no boy sized watches for me definately..
                            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                              if you wanna buy mid size..better get a 2nd hand one because u will lose alot if u are gonna sell it..personally, i think 31 mm is too small..
                              Nope me not buying...just curious la...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              Dunno abt others la... i'm tried some smaller sized watches on my wrist and it dosent look gd... so no boy sized watches for me definately..
                              Agree,I am used to bigger watches now,below 33-34mm is a NO WAY for mew

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X