X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• us_888
    replied
    Originally posted by us_888 View Post
    Exxondus, You are right!..Here is the picture of my GMT C..The GMT hour hand should be above the hour hand...

I have the pict but havent figure out how to upload it here...I deeply apologise for my mistake...
    Here is the picture of my GMT-2 C,I managed to make it smaller to be uploaded.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rotan
    replied
    No problem lah, all of us here to learn about our watches. The more we discuss the more we learn....

Bro Exxondus you are very sharp man hehe...

Leave a comment:

• CFC
    replied
    next time buy rollie have to ask all of u all to go together liao.Then we divide into teams or area to look out for.

Darkie - To look look see see & to Neg Price
    Exxondus - To observe all the hands
    Jazz_sam - To Touch Touch Feel Feel
    Khimwoon - to check the polish status of the bracelet
    Rotan - To do comparison
    Me - To pay $$

Hehe.Lol what a strong formation.

Leave a comment:

• us_888
    replied
    Originally posted by exxondus View Post
    bro!!! nice observation!! can post a pic of your GEN GMT2C SS with the GMT Green hand at the bottom most?
    Exxondus, You are right!..Here is the picture of my GMT C..The GMT hour hand should be above the hour hand...

I have the pict but havent figure out how to upload it here...I deeply apologise for my mistake...

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    replied
    Originally posted by rotan View Post
    Hmmm.... Bro think you might be making mistake here... The green hand is stacked after the hour hand... The order goes like this...

From bottom up is the hour hand, green hand, minute hand and then lastly second hand. Got this conclusion from looking at numerous pics and also the official Rolex web site.

Cos I was reading your post and then looking at my watch... Gave myself a scare when you said the green hand is the bottom most... This scrambled me to look at pics and do some research... Lucky ah.....

why u think i want to see his GMT2C pics

Leave a comment:

• rotan
    replied
    Dark Angel is right. One of the most obvious fake is the hands stack. The GMT green hand should be the bottom most. However the fake on picture 1 and 3 has the hand stack after the hour (silver) hand. On the second picture, the depth where the rolex-rolex-rolex being engraved is shallower on the fake.

Anyway, this fake is extremely close but when you hold it physically, it would be easier to tell. I am not an expert but I have the new GMT 2C SS as well and I spent some time with the watch under 2.5x magnification glass...
    Hmmm.... Bro think you might be making mistake here... The green hand is stacked after the hour hand... The order goes like this...

From bottom up is the hour hand, green hand, minute hand and then lastly second hand. Got this conclusion from looking at numerous pics and also the official Rolex web site.

Cos I was reading your post and then looking at my watch... Gave myself a scare when you said the green hand is the bottom most... This scrambled me to look at pics and do some research... Lucky ah.....

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    replied
    Dark Angel is right. One of the most obvious fake is the hands stack. The GMT green hand should be the bottom most. However the fake on picture 1 and 3 has the hand stack after the hour (silver) hand. On the second picture, the depth where the rolex-rolex-rolex being engraved is shallower on the fake.

Anyway, this fake is extremely close but when you hold it physically, it would be easier to tell. I am not an expert but I have the new GMT 2C SS as well and I spent some time with the watch under 2.5x magnification glass...
    bro!!! nice observation!! can post a pic of your GEN GMT2C SS with the GMT Green hand at the bottom most?

Leave a comment:

• us_888
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rotan
    replied
    Thanks for all the help here Bros... Now I can safely say I can spot a fake GMTIIc much better... Was looking at those 3 pics and got all the 3 answers right cos I was looking at my watch for comparison hehe....

But I cannot say the same for the other models of Rolex... Still have a lot to learn....

Leave a comment:

• khimwoon
    replied
    brought up this old topic in spotting real rollie...

most rollie u need to check on 1 thing... the polishing...

rollie has one of the best factory polishing in the market... its always so highly polish (esp 904 steel) that it become white mirror shine... tilt against light and u get wat i mean... its smooth and you will not see any uneven surfaces... its like a mirror flat...

hope this help... now u try to see the 3 pic again...

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    Wah!! GAO ZAO!!! I agree that these three pix are relatively easy with obvious signs. ESP the rehaut engraving. Fakes not up to marks yet but I think it can happen.
    Haha...this is the highest standard...I doubt they will put in more money to improvise.

Their quality has never been gd and will never be gd because they needa maintain low costs.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
    I last tme also must touch touch shake shake then knw some thing is real or fake. Nw i see see look look can tell already. But not watch orh. Go figure

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
    Darkie's skill has improved, last time must touch touch shake shake.... then can tell real or fake. Now see see look look.... can tell already

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    No leh sam...I havent seen this before...
    Wah!! GAO ZAO!!! I agree that these three pix are relatively easy with obvious signs. ESP the rehaut engraving. Fakes not up to marks yet but I think it can happen.

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    replied
    Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
    Darkie's skill has improved, last time must touch touch shake shake.... then can tell real or fake. Now see see look look.... can tell already
    I last tme also must touch touch shake shake then knw some thing is real or fake. Nw i see see look look can tell already. But not watch orh. Go figure

Leave a comment:

• tomcatf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    No leh sam...I havent seen this before...

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X