Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona servicing

Hi All,

Lately, I was trying to look for a watchmaker who can daytona. It seems that most of the well know shops are not able to service daytona due to limited skillsets and no spare parts. Most of them advise me to go back to rolex SC to service it. One told me that they can get all the rolex watches' spare part except daytona....can someone verify this?

Lucky me, I found one watchmaker who can service my daytona .

So if you need to service ur daytona and dun want to be "eaten" by rsc. please pm me.

thanks
    -------------
    My collection:-
    a) Rolex Sub LV "Y" serial
    b) Rolex SS Daytona
    c) RXW Marina Militare MM20 47mm
    D) Marathon GSAR

How diff is it to service watch wif rsc n outside? Is it worth te trouble? Thanks.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      How diff is it to service watch wif rsc n outside? Is it worth te trouble? Thanks.
      Two main difference, (a) cost of servicing and (b) time frame - 1 plus week outside compared to 1 mth.
      -------------
      My collection:-
      a) Rolex Sub LV "Y" serial
      b) Rolex SS Daytona
      c) RXW Marina Militare MM20 47mm
      D) Marathon GSAR

Comment

If you trust the guy then no prob,save time and money..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i know depending on age of watch, but what is average cost of servicing a Daytona 116520 at RSC? can anyone help?
          thanks!

Comment

Is all about trust,

At RSC, you can trust everything that coming out is 100% original, but it will cost you a bomb and time, so you advise to have two watches.

Outside, although it will cost much lesser, but the parts replace or supply is questionable, it can be new, used, recon or non original, all these I can't tell from the outside, because when you received the watch, it will be ticking like the good old days... But when you are selling your watch, the true will be uncovered at RSC during verification.

So, is all up to you, but my advise is not to be penny wise pound foolish...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

what you pay for is what you get. why is it that a swiss watch cost $xxxx when an equal asian brand can cost as little as 20% of the swiss version. Simple because you pay for the "precision" (or lack of )
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Another diff I can think off for me to commit spending money at RSC is, I got the whole Rolex responsible for the quality of repair. However, outside I got only Mr. so and so to claim responsibility. If I have a 2k or 3K watch, then may be don't waste money. But not Daytona... afterwards, the hands all move anti-clockwise.....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                SS SD,
                SS YM,
                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Most technicians outside cannot do the Daytona because

Originally posted by hadrian View Post
                  Hi All,

Lately, I was trying to look for a watchmaker who can daytona. It seems that most of the well know shops are not able to service daytona due to limited skillsets and no spare parts. Most of them advise me to go back to rolex SC to service it. One told me that they can get all the rolex watches' spare part except daytona....can someone verify this?

Lucky me, I found one watchmaker who can service my daytona .

So if you need to service ur daytona and dun want to be "eaten" by rsc. please pm me.

thanks
                  I was told that the setting of the hands is done by a special machine. Without that machine, putting the hands back on the watch after servicing the movement is almost impossible, and often leads to breakage of the hands. Only RSC has the machine. Not sure how true but that is what I heard.

Even in RSC, only about two technicians are trained to handle the Daytonas, the rest of the technicians do not touch those models.
                  Last edited by Reborn; 08-08-08, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Usual run of the mill servicing

Originally posted by submarooner View Post
                    i know depending on age of watch, but what is average cost of servicing a Daytona 116520 at RSC? can anyone help?
                    thanks!
                    if I recall correctly around 800 SGD.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                      I was told that the setting of the hands is done by a special machine. Without that machine, putting the hands back on the watch after servicing the movement is almost impossible, and often leads to breakage of the hands. Only RSC has the machine. Not sure how true but that is what I heard.

Even in RSC, only about two technicians are trained to handle the Daytonas, the rest of the technicians do not touch those models.
                      the first part id say: disagree. reason being that if rolex make the tool, someone will copy it (swiss make) and watchmakers will find the product.

as for technicians knowing how to handle daytona, that may be true.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hello, it's not a tool

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        the first part id say: disagree. reason being that if rolex make the tool, someone will copy it (swiss make) and watchmakers will find the product.

as for technicians knowing how to handle daytona, that may be true.

It's a machine that uses air pressure to set the hands, not so easy to buy, and expensive. Even if available, not worth the cost for the technicians outside to buy....
                        Last edited by Reborn; 08-08-08, 10:52 PM.

Comment

i have never seen before, so dont know for sure. but interesting to see what it looks like.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                            It's a machine that uses air pressure to set the hands, not so easy to buy, and expensive. Even if available, not worth the cost for the technicians outside to buy....
                            Yes, I do agreed those watch repairman outside only equipt with basic tool set. They don't have some of the test equipment for all watches, such as pressure testing for Rolex watches, because they are repairing different kind of watch not just Rolex alone. Hence, it won't be cost effective to own such machines.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...