Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discolouration & dirt in paper & wooden box

Hey guys,

I have a sub bought new in year 2007. Over the years, I notice the 2 paper boxes will have spots all over. The wooden box will also get some spots & fading here n there. Is this normal ?

Anyway to reduce or improve the condition ? Thanks.

put in a cool dry (eg. air-conditioned, climate controlled) room/place.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

It's called "molding", you need to keep it in a dry and cool place, so place it inside the
      the camera cabinet(Dry box).

Comment

Alternavtive....

Originally posted by astonchow View Post
        Hey guys,

I have a sub bought new in year 2007. Over the years, I notice the 2 paper boxes will have spots all over. The wooden box will also get some spots & fading here n there. Is this normal ?

Anyway to reduce or improve the condition ? Thanks.
        I would suggest a cheaper way compared to using dry box which of course is the best way to keep off those irritating spots and what-have-nots… Dry box comes in various sizes and the big ones are really expensive since Rolex’s boxes are not that small.

You may consider putting them inside those large air-tight containers folks use to keep their winter clothes in. And put in one or two (three for KS Singaporean! LOL ) of those dehumidifiers (Hippo dehumidifier usually comes to mind) and viola, job done

*caveat: it works depending on the humidity level in the room too. Avoid keeping them in the cabinet in the bathroom or place where the humidity is extra high.

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
          I would suggest a cheaper way compared to using dry box which of course is the best way to keep off those irritating spots and what-have-nots… Dry box comes in various sizes and the big ones are really expensive since Rolex’s boxes are not that small.

You may consider putting them inside those large air-tight containers folks use to keep their winter clothes in. And put in one or two (three for KS Singaporean! LOL ) of those dehumidifiers (Hippo dehumidifier usually comes to mind) and viola, job done

*caveat: it works depending on the humidity level in the room too. Avoid keeping them in the cabinet in the bathroom or place where the humidity is extra high.

my very effective and cheap way is put the box inside those ziplock plastic bags, cheap and effective and will not take up much space.
          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
          1) WG DIA 18239
          2) YG DIA 18238
          3) WG 18239
          4) YG 18238
          5) YG 18248G Bark
          6) WG DIA 18039
          7) WG 18039
          8) YG 18038
          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
          12) WG 1803
          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
          1)GMT II 116718 18K
          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
          2)D15037 14k
          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

You beat me to it....

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
            my very effective and cheap way is put the box inside those ziplock plastic bags, cheap and effective and will not take up much space.
            You beat me in terms of "cheap-ness"! (cost efficiency lah)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X