Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does all rolex watch has a coronet etch on the glass at the 6 o clock position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does all rolex watch has a coronet etch on the glass at the 6 o clock position?

hi all, recently bought a brand new lady date just 31mm reference 178274 from a shop, try to see if there is any coronet etch at the 6 o clock position but cannot see any. does this feature only exists in rolex sports model?

Originally posted by jflye View Post
    hi all, recently bought a brand new lady date just 31mm reference 178274 from a shop, try to see if there is any coronet etch at the 6 o clock position but cannot see any. does this feature only exists in rolex sports model?
    Yes i do believe your datejust should have a coronet etch. Just that it can be difficult to see if you are seeing it for the first time. tilt it at the anglee with touchlight helps you to see easier. it is at the 6 o'clock position

Comment

If you bought it new, yes the laser etching would be there.
      Use your handphone, turn on the flashlight and shine it from below the 6 o'clock marker. It would appear very clearly.

Comment

Yes,for your model it should be there ! if not, ask the shop if the crystal was replace with a aftermarket one ?
        the correct crystal for your model should be 25-246C.

No all Rolex has the LEC at the 6 O'clock position !
        The older Rolex especially, those with plexi glass does not have this secure feature.
        All Rolex model using sapphire crystal, should have it !
        Now the newer sapphire crystal has an extra feature on the cyclop it's the AR coating on the Date mag !
        Last edited by 65wang; 16-12-14, 07:13 PM.

Comment

hello everyone, i just did a tilt and still cannot find the coronet etch at the 6 o clock, but the watch i bought is brand new with all the stickers intact. Even the warranty card is the new one. how sia

Comment

hello everyone, i just did a tilt and still cannot find the coronet etch at the 6 o clock, but the watch i bought is brand new with all the stickers intact. Even the warranty card is the new one. how sia
            Confirm have, just that sometimes very hard to spot. Try again ok and do get back to us

Comment

Maybe, if you don't mind, can let us know where you bought it from?

Comment

Have you used a torchlight and shine at the sapphire crystal from 6 o'clock. It would appear against the light very clearly.

Comment

Best Method

Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
                  Have you used a torchlight and shine at the sapphire crystal from 6 o'clock. It would appear against the light very clearly.
                  Agree that this is the best and fastest way to see the LEC at the 6 o'clock position. Using your smartphone's flash/torch light should do the trick.

Shine it from the bottom of the watch onto the glass at a slight angle to either the left, right (or straight also can), look down to the 6 o'clock position from the top of the watch's 12 o/clock position. Voila... there you have it...

Comment

Plan B..

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                    Agree that this is the best and fastest way to see the LEC at the 6 o'clock position. Using your smartphone's flash/torch light should do the trick.

Shine it from the bottom of the watch onto the glass at a slight angle to either the left, right (or straight also can), look down to the 6 o'clock position from the top of the watch's 12 o/clock position. Voila... there you have it...
                    Oh, if this failed too (...), alternatively whilst shinning the light onto the 6 o'clock position, using a loupe will help to magnify the LEC.. this time, guarantee will work! guarantee can see!!

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post

mine works, no need loupe. can see very clearly. Nice tech.

Comment

thanks everyone for the tips...i manage to find the coronet etch at 6 o clock..but i must say it is very difficult to find for mother of pearl dial..

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

thanks everyone for the tips...i manage to find the coronet etch at 6 o clock..but i must say it is very difficult to find for mother of pearl dial..
                            a beauty, isn't it?

Comment

ya...its a beauty

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X