Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex 16750 GMT

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and will soon become the proud owner of a 16750 Rolex GMT Master with matt dial.

What I would like to know is the investment value of the watch since within the last 2 years, prices for the GMT's has gone through the roof.

I would like to hear from all of you out there.

Thanks for your feedback.

Congrats on a fine purchase.Indeed, the prices of vintage GMTs have gone up quite a bit.As an investment....i dun know.But, FYI....I bought a 1675 about 2 years ago for SGD$3700.....so u do the maths......

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
      Congrats on a fine purchase.Indeed, the prices of vintage GMTs have gone up quite a bit.As an investment....i dun know.But, FYI....I bought a 1675 about 2 years ago for SGD$3700.....so u do the maths......
      Wah...

Psst...Peter pls tell me wad u interested to buy next leh...so far most of the stuff u buy all very gd leh... Then I follow..haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yes, the prices are shooting through the roof and not just for GMT's but for all Rolex sport watches.

Comment

I was quoted $7800 for 1675 this week and not the tt version . But most transacted price is ard $6-7k range in the pre-owned shops .
          1675/16610/116234/78240
          Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
          Hublot BB ASF
          PAM 104J
          Sinn 903 H2
          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
          U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
          If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickchristianchang View Post
            Hi All,

I am new to the forum and will soon become the proud owner of a 16750 Rolex GMT Master with matt dial.

What I would like to know is the investment value of the watch since within the last 2 years, prices for the GMT's has gone through the roof.

How much u pay for it?
            -------------
            My collection:-
            a) Rolex Sub LV "Y" serial
            b) Rolex SS Daytona
            c) RXW Marina Militare MM20 47mm
            D) Marathon GSAR

Comment

Hi All,

hi patrick, i persoanlly feel that investment values of rollies as with other brands are practically on a neagtive slope as opposed to being profitable but that's just my humble opinion.

After spending quite a bit in the past 2 weeks, i think I can do something better with my $$$ by putting it into either fixed deposit or maybe into some blue chip share counter. But ownership as well as wearing a rollie is quite an experience ot behold. But to each his own, I believe the 16750 GMT is a legend in the making.

Enjoy your watch and try not to think too much abt investment value cos IMHO there are many other things out there with a much higher ROI(rate of investment) and watches just are not on my list.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

actually money put in wateva investments now.... trust/fund/stocks etc... most die pain pain....

Comment

Originally posted by hadrian View Post
                  How much u pay for it?
                  Paid S$6K for the watch and considering it a good buy since u can hardly find a 16750 at this price anymore. Most sellers are asking 7K or more.

Comment

Paid S$6K for the watch and considering it a good buy since u can hardly find a 16750 at this price anymore. Most sellers are asking 7K or more.
                    A good very price indeed. Enjoy your watch
                    -------------
                    My collection:-
                    a) Rolex Sub LV "Y" serial
                    b) Rolex SS Daytona
                    c) RXW Marina Militare MM20 47mm
                    D) Marathon GSAR

Comment

I look at it this way.

If I allocate hypothetically, 10% of my income to savings, 30% of my income to investments, 40% of my income to expenses ... that leaves 20% of my income for hobbies...

And if I put that 20% into (good) watches which I really enjoy... at the end of it I still have some money left, if not more... how bad can that be?

If my hobby then is say ... golf... beyond the intangible value of "contacts made" ... all the green fees, shoes , golf clubs etc. are expensed completely... i.e. I would not even have that 20%.

Not to dis golfers ... Everyone has their own interests, but the point here is the importance of balance. I wouldn't put all my investments in watches.

Of course arguably, you can say you "invest" that 20% in your children ... or take up a cheaper hobby like jogging. :P .... but then, life would be a bit more dull if one could not indulge one's interests, yes?

In fact, I got into watches by selling stuff from my last hobby to generate funds i.e. collecting vintage cameras/lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                        I look at it this way.

If I allocate hypothetically, 10% of my income to savings, 30% of my income to investments, 40% of my income to expenses ... that leaves 20% of my income for hobbies...

And if I put that 20% into (good) watches which I really enjoy... at the end of it I still have some money left, if not more... how bad can that be?

If my hobby then is say ... golf... beyond the intangible value of "contacts made" ... all the green fees, shoes , golf clubs etc. are expensed completely... i.e. I would not even have that 20%.

Not to dis golfers ... Everyone has their own interests, but the point here is the importance of balance. I wouldn't put all my investments in watches.

Of course arguably, you can say you "invest" that 20% in your children ... or take up a cheaper hobby like jogging. :P .... but then, life would be a bit more dull if one could not indulge one's interests, yes?

In fact, I got into watches by selling stuff from my last hobby to generate funds i.e. collecting vintage cameras/lenses.

Well said.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X