Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex for 1st timer

hi everyone,

i'm interested in getting my first rolex, either the black subc or the d-blue. anyone able to give some inputs on these two models? if it helps my wrist is 6'.

also the expected price from boutique, AD, grey(example: chuan, hj) or individual grey seller.

im more concerned on which source should i get it from, other than price wise (different because based on their profit margin or overhead), anything else should i be prepared to be different? like warranty or others.

any advices will be deeply appreciated.

a sticky thread for me to read further will be good as well

both are diff animal
    one is 40 and the other 44
    do you think your wrist fits a 40mm well or a 44mm
    black sub is close < 11k while a Deepsea blue cost a lot more

if you keen on any, can check price

Comment

Originally posted by ahbbb View Post
      hi everyone,
      i'm interested in getting my first rolex, either the black subc or the d-blue. anyone able to give some inputs on these two models? if it helps my wrist is 6'.
      also the expected price from boutique, AD, grey(example: chuan, hj) or individual grey seller.
      im more concerned on which source should i get it from, other than price wise (different because based on their profit margin or overhead), anything else should i be prepared to be different? like warranty or others.
      any advices will be deeply appreciated.
      a sticky thread for me to read further will be good as well
      SubC - no feel for this watch. You may wish to consider the GMTII, black or batman instead. Paid around S$11600 for a new piece I bought around 3 months ago from grey dealer.
      DBlue - this is a very naise piece. Problem is that it wear very large on the wrist, and its bracelet looks always too fragile to carry it. My wrist is around 6.5' and I use to wear Panerai, and I still found it too chunky.

Best to try them on. Your purchase becomes much clearer after that.
      Have fun!
      Last edited by Ender; 30-05-15, 11:39 AM. Reason: Pew! Pew! Pew!
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

I believe most of your questions have ready answers all over the forum

Except maybe, your choice of either watch that you mentioned. It really doesn't matter a lot what your wrist size can/not carry. It matters what you personally like better. If it helps, I will choose the Sub-C over the blue DSSD. Simply, it is easier and more comfortable to wear a Sub-C than the DSSD. Go compare the physical size of both the watches at the shops.

As for price or which source to get it from, the forum is "flourished" with ready information.

Happy "hunting"
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          I believe most of your questions have ready answers all over the forum

Except maybe, your choice of either watch that you mentioned. It really doesn't matter a lot what your wrist size can/not carry. It matters what you personally like better. If it helps, I will choose the Sub-C over the blue DSSD. Simply, it is easier and more comfortable to wear a Sub-C than the DSSD. Go compare the physical size of both the watches at the shops.

As for price or which source to get it from, the forum is "flourished" with ready information.

Happy "hunting"
          yes, forum is full of advice, but a dedicated post gets more personal opinion. eg, not all poster has a 6" wrist like TS.

Comment

thank you everyone for your inputs.

I shall head down to the boutique soon and physically try both watches out.

sadly, i only got eyes on divers hence the dilemma between subc or d-blue.

on top of that, i find hulk and kermit too ugly, LOL, maybe because i dont really like green. BUT having say that, the green wording on d-blue is what attracted me. irony much.

so net, my choice is roughly made up, either (1) black subC or (2) d-blue

whats stopping me now is (in order of importance),

1) price
            2) how it looks on me

for point 2), the only way is to physically try it out. but once both seems suitable on me, point 1) becomes a headache.

is it worth to blow 18K (heard is 22K now; no source) on a d-blue, whereby i can spent 10K (i think is 10.8k now for grey) on subC and use the rest of other commitments (car, investment or maybe a tudor bb red, i'm 24 this year btw)

on the other hand, subC is so common; take a walk in CBD and throw a stone, you can easily hit one guy wear sub, especially a black one.

so my focus and intention is actually on the price and where to get the lowest price. then comes the pros and cons from getting from different sources.

anyone able to help with the last part? sorry man. i read a few thread but i didnt get any satisfactory answers.

sorry to trouble all! any link i can read independently will be deeply appreciated. wanna keep the troubling to the minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by techno View Post
              both are diff animal
              one is 40 and the other 44
              do you think your wrist fits a 40mm well or a 44mm
              black sub is close < 11k while a Deepsea blue cost a lot more

if you keen on any, can check price
              bro! where can i check the prices from? you got updated sources? on all alternative sources like boutique, AD, grey (both dealer and individual)

Comment

thank you everyone for your inputs.

I shall head down to the boutique soon and physically try both watches out.

sadly, i only got eyes on divers hence the dilemma between subc or d-blue.

on top of that, i find hulk and kermit too ugly, LOL, maybe because i dont really like green. BUT having say that, the green wording on d-blue is what attracted me. irony much.

so net, my choice is roughly made up, either (1) black subC or (2) d-blue

whats stopping me now is (in order of importance),

1) price
                2) how it looks on me

for point 2), the only way is to physically try it out. but once both seems suitable on me, point 1) becomes a headache.

is it worth to blow 18K (heard is 22K now; no source) on a d-blue, whereby i can spent 10K (i think is 10.8k now for grey) on subC and use the rest of other commitments (car, investment or maybe a tudor bb red, i'm 24 this year btw)

on the other hand, subC is so common; take a walk in CBD and throw a stone, you can easily hit one guy wear sub, especially a black one.

so my focus and intention is actually on the price and where to get the lowest price. then comes the pros and cons from getting from different sources.

anyone able to help with the last part? sorry man. i read a few thread but i didnt get any satisfactory answers.

sorry to trouble all! any link i can read independently will be deeply appreciated. wanna keep the troubling to the minimum.
                sorry, allow me to rephrase which part im missing out.

i guess i can find the price of deal (both dealers and individual) in this forum.

1) how about boutique and AD?
                2) expected discount from both of them
                3) pros of getting from different sources (grey individual cheapest but need verification at RSC at 107 for a piece of mind, condition of watch and box and paper)
                4) cons of getting from grey (both individual and dealers) in terms of maybe warranty? idk.

Comment

I think DSSD will look big on your wrist. Sub-c already looks hand-full on my 6.5" wrist with its thick lugs.

Anyway, final choice is yours. Happy hunting.

Comment

sorry, allow me to rephrase which part im missing out.

i guess i can find the price of deal (both dealers and individual) in this forum.

1) how about boutique and AD?
                    2) expected discount from both of them
                    3) pros of getting from different sources (grey individual cheapest but need verification at RSC at 107 for a piece of mind, condition of watch and box and paper)
                    4) cons of getting from grey (both individual and dealers) in terms of maybe warranty? idk.
                    1) you can just head down to orchard road where there are at least 7 rolex btq from OC all the way to Ion.
                    2) prepare to be shock max discount only 5% because these are premium models
                    3) I heard of people buying from grey dealers..went to RSC verify...shock of their life when customer service told them the watch is fake / stolen goods. ( police will come and question u inside RSC building )
                    4) unless the shop close down.. if not warranty by them at least 1 year.

Anyway, D-Blue is selling at 22k already. And you wun have the luxury to try this model becoz they wun have any stocks for this model

Comment

Originally posted by slinzx View Post
                      1) you can just head down to orchard road where there are at least 7 rolex btq from OC all the way to Ion.
                      3) I heard of people buying from grey dealers..went to RSC verify...shock of their life when customer service told them the watch is fake / stolen goods. ( police will come and question u inside RSC building )

Anyway, D-Blue is selling at 22k already. And you wun have the luxury to try this model becoz they wun have any stocks for this model
                      hi there! thanks for your reply.

is subC consider a premium model? or just d-blue?

anyone have an idea of the latest price gauge from boutique or AD? for this two models?

so logically speaking, if i were to buy from individual grey, i have to verify it at RSC and only pay the full amount after the verification? does it work that way? anyone have any experience to share?

and inherently, in sequence from cheapest to expensive will be:

(1)grey individual
                      (2)grey dealer
                      (3)AD
                      (4)boutique

conversely, the level of assurance is the opposite? (except for AD and boutique on the same tier)

oh and anyone ever buy from grey dealer before? able to provide any insights?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Comment

oh and one more thing,

if d-blue is already selling at 22k, should i drop the idea and look at AP instead?

i always have the mindset in terms of brand recognition and prestigious; rolex, then AP, then PP.

Comment

hi there! thanks for your reply.

is subC consider a premium model? or just d-blue?

anyone have an idea of the latest price gauge from boutique or AD? for this two models?

so logically speaking, if i were to buy from individual grey, i have to verify it at RSC and only pay the full amount after the verification? does it work that way? anyone have any experience to share?

and inherently, in sequence from cheapest to expensive will be:

(1)grey individual
                          (2)grey dealer
                          (3)AD
                          (4)boutique

conversely, the level of assurance is the opposite? (except for AD and boutique on the same tier)

oh and anyone ever buy from grey dealer before? able to provide any insights?

Thanks in advance everyone.
                          1) for me, grey dealer sell the latest model watches of theirs maybe 300-400more then grey dealers who sell older model maybe G or V series . for me personally I will go for grey dealer though its more troublesome trying to find the more perfect watch. go RSC with them to verify so if any problem u can just cancel the deal st8 away.
                          2) AD price are more fixed with their discount. as far as I know... my friend bought a BLNR last week at 14k where usually they sold at 12k plus
                          3) last question. I would go for AP instead as you know rolex models are all mass production, Just a name that everybody recognize. but now AP is the next big thing for younger generation.

Comment

1) for me, grey dealer sell the latest model watches of theirs maybe 300-400more then grey dealers who sell older model maybe G or V series . for me personally I will go for grey dealer though its more troublesome trying to find the more perfect watch. go RSC with them to verify so if any problem u can just cancel the deal st8 away.
                            2) AD price are more fixed with their discount. as far as I know... my friend bought a BLNR last week at 14k where usually they sold at 12k plus
                            3) last question. I would go for AP instead as you know rolex models are all mass production, Just a name that everybody recognize. but now AP is the next big thing for younger generation.
                            hi, can you explain point one again?

i interpret as grey shop sell the latest model at 300 to 400 more than grey individual

and grey individual are usually older model? cause its like their old watch which they are flipping.

AP just does not speak to me, idk why also.

Comment

hi, can you explain point one again?

i interpret as grey shop sell the latest model at 300 to 400 more than grey individual

and grey individual are usually older model? cause its like their old watch which they are flipping.

AP just does not speak to me, idk why also.
                              I mean grey individual sell 6mths to 2 year old watches which are still AN series.

Grey shop that sell AN series will be more expensive. so maybe at 8k+ u can bought a AN series from individual but for shop u can only get G or V series with this price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X