Should I regulate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I regulate?

Hi Bros another question to ask... My GMT is getting 2 seconds slower everyday... I know its not a big deal and still within COSC specs but my job requires me to hack our watch down to the second. So is it a good idea to send my watch to RSC for regulation?
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

i personally think that kinda 'slowest' is very very acceptable.

doubt they can make it right to the second in terms of accuracies as there are many factors affecting the accuracy of watches, esp mechanical versions.

If you really need that accurate a watch, then why not buy a tourbillion instead?

alternatively, a quartz would be more suited for your job. btw, what did you use previously as a time keeper at your job if even 2 seconds slower is a big impact?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Casio lor.... But also can hack using Rolex lah... Jus a bit more troublesome.... Anyway most of the time I would wear my Casio to work with the occasional mechanical just to make myself happier at work hehe...

Comment

With a Rolex registering 86,400 seconds every day, gravity can assist with keeping the watch on time. This image is frequently posted and referenced around the Internet as one method to use gravity to speed up or slow down a Rolex.

1. To gain a few seconds, lay the watch flat face-up overnight.
        2. To lose a few seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown downwards overnight.
        3. To lose a few more seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown up.

My GMT-C started as two seconds slow, but leaving the watch face up at night has the watch pretty dead-on.. I also set the watch 2 minutes fast, so when I have to change the date every-other-month, the watch remains accurate. I would not worry about -2 seconds.

-Sheldon

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonsmith View Post
          With a Rolex registering 86,400 seconds every day, gravity can assist with keeping the watch on time. This image is frequently posted and referenced around the Internet as one method to use gravity to speed up or slow down a Rolex.

1. To gain a few seconds, lay the watch flat face-up overnight.
          2. To lose a few seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown downwards overnight.
          3. To lose a few more seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown up.

My GMT-C started as two seconds slow, but leaving the watch face up at night has the watch pretty dead-on.. I also set the watch 2 minutes fast, so when I have to change the date every-other-month, the watch remains accurate. I would not worry about -2 seconds.

-Sheldon

Thanks for the tip Sheldon! Will definitely try it out and share with the rest of the guys here..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X