Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cheap way of verifying Rolex watch other than RSC

Hi all,

I had read that there are alot of ppl going to RSC to pay $107/- to verify the watch and sometimes the time taken can be as long as 2 working days.

Those buying watches with fellow users here might want to consider another way which is much cheaper. For me, I personally will go to money max or similar pawn shop for assistance.

E.g I will go with seller to money max and pawn the watch at S$2000/-. The staffs will then need to verify and open the casing to chk the authencity of the watch. They will also chk if there are dents or scratches on the watch and glass itself. Once done and after the counter pass u the cash. U can then pay the seller the remaining amt.

U can collect back the watch on the same day or anytime within 30 days and their interest of 1% for 2k is only S$20/-. And time taken is only abt 30 mins.

Hope this suggestions help fellow buyers who find it a hassle to go to RSC. Btw money max and similar shops are open islanwide so definately more convienient.

Cheers to all

i would rather not take the risk but to go RSC, the idea is interesting but i'm doubt with the pawn shop stuff skillful enough to do 100% verification...

Comment

Originally posted by david.tan View Post
      i would rather not take the risk but to go RSC, the idea is interesting but i'm doubt with the pawn shop stuff skillful enough to do 100% verification...
      Of cos there is no right or wrong. Only the comfort level individuals has. I agree with u that i have my doubts if the one doing the verification is from China. I usually go to one where the locals are the one doing the verification. And old uncle definately better. Lol. The maxi cash uncles in Bedok and tamp are formerly from RSC. So i got no issues with that.

Comment

I will pay $107 for verification at RSC and get green leather pouch and bracelet sizing.
        Invoice provided good for watches without cert.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaric00 View Post
          Hi all,

I had read that there are alot of ppl going to RSC to pay $107/- to verify the watch and sometimes the time taken can be as long as 2 working days.

Those buying watches with fellow users here might want to consider another way which is much cheaper. For me, I personally will go to money max or similar pawn shop for assistance.

E.g I will go with seller to money max and pawn the watch at S$2000/-. The staffs will then need to verify and open the casing to chk the authencity of the watch. They will also chk if there are dents or scratches on the watch and glass itself. Once done and after the counter pass u the cash. U can then pay the seller the remaining amt.

U can collect back the watch on the same day or anytime within 30 days and their interest of 1% for 2k is only S$20/-. And time taken is only abt 30 mins.

Hope this suggestions help fellow buyers who find it a hassle to go to RSC. Btw money max and similar shops are open islanwide so definately more convienient.

Cheers to all
          There is another way similar to your method but totally FREE OF CHARGE!
          I learnt this from some of the old timers here.
          you and the seller meet say at People's Park or Bugis area. ask a few of the pawn shops or watch dealers how much are they willing to buy the watch.
          The dealers will examine and give quotes. if a few give quotes then you can assume watch authentic.
          After all, what is important is the shops are willing to buy your watch, RSC is not going to buy your watch when you want to sell, it is the pawn shops and watch dealers. anyway how do you know RSC will give your watch a 100% check? and RSC is not open weekend and need 2 days to authenticate.

Comment

I am sure you guys haven't seen or experienced a seasoned private watch dealer "screwed up" over a fake ROLEX watch. I am not at liberty to furnish details of the matter. But for the benefit of sharing, I'll just provide a gist. I saw this happened myself.

A very seasoned and experienced local watch dealer took in a ROLEX sports model (current model) as trade for a watch he was selling. Of course, he inspected it and must have felt the "ROLEX watch" to be real enough to carry on with the trade exchange. The foreign male customer happily took the new watch and left, leaving his "ROLEX watch" with the dealer. The dealer sent the "ROLEX watch" to polish at another outlet hoping to put it up for sale. It was at this point when the staff who was inspecting the watch before accepting it for polish, discovered the watch to be a fake and alerted the dealer.

Whatever methods you guys want to authenticate watches, just don't be complacent, pls.
            Last edited by Oceanklassik; 26-07-15, 10:44 AM.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Great suggestion!

Comment

Better be safe than regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  I am sure you guys haven't seen or experienced a seasoned private watch dealer "screwed up" over a fake ROLEX watch. I am not at liberty to furnish details of the matter. But for the benefit of sharing, I'll just provide a gist. I saw this happened myself.

A very seasoned and experienced local watch dealer took in a ROLEX sports model (current model) as trade for a watch he was selling. Of course, he inspected it and must have felt the "ROLEX watch" to be real enough to carry on with the trade exchange. The foreign male customer happily took the new watch and left, leaving his "ROLEX watch" with the dealer. The dealer sent the "ROLEX watch" to polish at another outlet hoping to put it up for sale. It was at this point when the staff who was inspecting the watch before accepting it for polish, discovered the watch to be a fake and alerted the dealer.

Whatever methods you guys want to authenticate watches, just don't be complacent, pls.
                  What did the dealer do that watch? Hope he did not sell it.

Comment

I wouldn't know what the dealer did to the watch but what he said next to the staff doing the polishing surprised me
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I wouldn't know what the dealer did to the watch but what he said next to the staff doing the polishing surprised me
                      Please share what you have heard for the benefit of our knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                        I suppose that dealer might have being complacent and did not open the casing for inspection. Pawn shops dun open the casing to inspect until u are ready to pawn. So my honest opinion is to pawn the watch. Pay $20 interest and get over it.

As for going to various dealers and pretend to sell the watch in order to verify, I personally dun feel safe as they din open the casing to inspect.

Lastly, do be careful as Gumtrees users are selling AAA grade watch with chartering too. And with rolex cert and box as well. U need to open the casing as the engine they use are still so much diff from the original ones

Comment

if you dun fork out money, who will do for free?

Comment

Didn't the dealer take down particular of the guy who did a trade in? Thought this is a standard process?

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                              I do not want to make any judgment. But what took me by surprise was this:

After realizing that the watch was fake, the staff returned it to the dealer, knowing that the dealer would not want to polish a fake ROLEX watch. Or so he thought. The dealer, upon learning that the watch was fake, panicked and made an urgent call to someone (might be his business partner or something because I heard him said "WHERE'S THE CUSTOMER?!"). He was out of the shop for a while. Soon after, the dealer returned and asked the staff to polish the watch

Quietly, the staff took the watch and carried on with the polishing at the back of the shop

Originally posted by glay78 View Post
                              Didn't the dealer take down particular of the guy who did a trade in? Thought this is a standard process?
                              This, I wouldn't know. Maybe he did, maybe not. But the fact that the dealer carried on to polish a fake ROLEX watch "intrigued" me
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X