X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what is the maximum discount AD can give for boysize

Hi Bro,

Went to an AD at Pp park COmplex,

Was looking for a boy size 178274 new rolex watch.

Retail price is SGD 8,424.

The sales guy says the watch is a control price and all shops give 15% discount across the board. I asked him what is the maximum discount he can give or the best price.

He did not commit becos he said I will just go around to check for a better price. Haii.... of cos as potential buyers we will check with other ADs as we are not buying a few hundred dollars item.

Can i ask the bros here, in this instance where or how much can the watch discount go down further if pay full in cash? Is 25% off the retail price too ridiculous or a fair deal to ask?

I am afraid I will get a scarcastic look or remark from the AD sales guy. Like to know wat is the minimum threshold level then they will bulge to release the watch in terms of percentage discount off the retail price ?

If you know of any good AD sales guy, can you PM me their contacts? Tks

I am quite bad at bargaining and hence need any advice on this.

I think somneone has asked this question earlier. But I cannot locate the thread now.

Kindly advice... tks !

Yes, it is a common topic. Nevermind I'll share. Usual discount for ROLEX klassik models ranges between 18% and 22%, subject highly to individual bargaining skill and payment mode. You may still try to bargain for a 25% discount and do not worry, as long as you are a sincere buyer, you should be too concern over how you'll be perceived by the sales person. Who knows, in this current economic climate, you may get lucky.

Hv a great day!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

bro,

remember u r the customer... and there are many ADs ard... not only in spore... dun have to be worried abt them or too concerned abt wat they think abt u...

if they give u a nasty look or make some sarcastic remark... screw them... they dun have the right or authority to behave like an idiot lah... unless mebbe if they're da boss... even if datz da case, can also write in against them for poor attitude n service...

Comment

Originally posted by Pug View Post
        bro,

remember u r the customer... and there are many ADs ard... not only in spore... dun have to be worried abt them or too concerned abt wat they think abt u...

if they give u a nasty look or make some sarcastic remark... screw them... they dun have the right or authority to behave like an idiot lah... unless mebbe if they're da boss... even if datz da case, can also write in against them for poor attitude n service...
        look for someone who has authority in the shop, maybe a manager or assistant manager,
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Tks everyone for your advice !

Comment

Originally posted by ches72 View Post
            Tks everyone for your advice !
            welcome
            Current Collection :

Comment

Bargaining

I think there are alot of factors in order to get a good price...some tips include;

- firstly, assure them that you're not a mystery shopper and that you are sincere to buy
              - secondly, check out if they have more than 1 unit of the watch you want, usually if they have more inventory of the model, they may give a bigger discount
              - Be upfront and ask for the best discount they can give; of cos be sincere
              - Ask them which form of payment can get the best discount; don't need to offer cash; sometimes visa also can get discount
              - Finally, it is also a good idea to go month end; if you catch them on a poor month, they might be desperate to close the sales to hit their target
              - It may also help slightly to also wear a nice decent watch when you go buy the new watch, then they will know that you are not new to buying luxury watches and assume that you know the systems and lobangs

Comment

Good tips from bro stektan. I learnt something.

Tx.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Yes, it is a common topic. Nevermind I'll share. Usual discount for ROLEX klassik models ranges between 18% and 22%, subject highly to individual bargaining skill and payment mode. You may still try to bargain for a 25% discount and do not worry, as long as you are a sincere buyer, you should be too concern over how you'll be perceived by the sales person. Who knows, in this current economic climate, you may get lucky.

Hv a great day!
                  Bro oceanklassik,

how about those sport models? any of them can get 20% off? i know definitely not daytona hehe

Comment

I've yet to 'encounter'. Would love to someday (soon).
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      I've yet to 'encounter'. Would love to someday (soon).
                      Same feeling sia.
                      Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                        I think there are alot of factors in order to get a good price...some tips include;

- firstly, assure them that you're not a mystery shopper and that you are sincere to buy
                        - secondly, check out if they have more than 1 unit of the watch you want, usually if they have more inventory of the model, they may give a bigger discount
                        - Be upfront and ask for the best discount they can give; of cos be sincere
                        - Ask them which form of payment can get the best discount; don't need to offer cash; sometimes visa also can get discount
                        - Finally, it is also a good idea to go month end; if you catch them on a poor month, they might be desperate to close the sales to hit their target
                        - It may also help slightly to also wear a nice decent watch when you go buy the new watch, then they will know that you are not new to buying luxury watches and assume that you know the systems and lobangs

tks !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X