From US Rolex Forum:- "Rolex buying Rolex watches to prevent price drop"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From US Rolex Forum:- "Rolex buying Rolex watches to prevent price drop"

GOT THIS FROM US ROLEX FORUM............

Over at Luxist (http://www.luxist.com/2009/06/16/rol...price-drops/):
    by Ariel Adams Jun 16th 2009 at 7:01AM

Watch sales are down, way down in some places, and the only option for many dealers is to provide deep discounts to move inventory. This creates price drops that many watch brands are less than thrilled with. Some brands are taking an active approach to protect brand pricing. Rolex is personally purchasing back inventory from dealers who are having trouble selling Rolex watches. Buying back the watches gives some money back to the retailers to help them during hard times, and allows Rolex to be confident that less deep discounting is occurring in the market. Rolex is of the most protective brands when it comes to pricing and image. They have an almost legendary reputation for not giving significant discounts. This is not a fact that they wish to change right now when keeping the integrity of a brand's pricing system solid is an important endeavor.

It is no secret that Rolex is a cash rich company. It is not likely a huge impact for them to be buying back inventory which will likely be warehoused until future times when things are better for the luxury watch market. I would go so far as to say that it is probably in Rolex's best interest to dismantle and recycle unsold watches than to release them at below market rates (that they set). Further, you might be wondering why dealers are all selling back to Rolex in the first place rather than discounting and potentially getting more money. This would likely conflict with their authorized dealer contracts with Rolex. Plus, Rolex likely has a redemption right - that allows it to buy back stock under certain circumstances. For you, this means less chance that your dream Rolex watch is going to be discounted any time soon. Pictured is a 2009 Rolex Datejust watch with Arabic numerals.
    IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto 371417
    Panerai 112L
    Tag Heuer SS 2000 Series Boy Size - Circa 1986
    Vulcain SS Black Roman Dial - Circa 1984
    Favre Leuba SeaKing - Circa *very old*
    Sideras Pocket Watch - Circa *very old*
    My Grandma's Ladies Breitling in Gold Bracelet - Circa 1920

nothing new.

alll the brands have methods and ways to buy back stock from the AD.
    esepcially so in these pressing times.
    they can buy back and transfer to another part of the world also if required.

Comment

Gd info. Tx for sharing.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for sharing...but nothing surprising...Rolex is so darn cash rich

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

thats good news.

Comment

they should just cut production.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              they should just cut production.
              ..leading to cutting staff as well?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                maybe. a way of cutting cost.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

cut production, cut cost, use cash savings buy back 'stuck' inventory. pretty straight forward if you ask me!
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Buy back all Z series, later release back as V into the market...

Comment

Change case....smelt all the old Z series :P

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        To b honest, no smart company no matter hwcash rich u are, will dig into their reserves to buy back watches so as to prevent price drop. The money has to come fr some where which i wont b surprise fr cutting employment.

This is more so for big companies that have to report to stake holders.

Hence if just cut prdtion, chances of cutting staff will b actually smaller than having to covet the cost price of buying back watches.

On the other hand, if their intention is to recycle the watches, then its more justifiable. Else magine the glut when they re-release these NOS.
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X