Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Paper when selling watch

HI,

When I purchased my ROLEX, I filled in my particulars (name and address) on the warranty paper (not the new card type).

If I were to sell the watch now, just to check what is usual practice with regards to warranty paper if particulars were filled? Still hand over but censor the particulars part?

Thanks

Usual practice? I don't think there's a standard practice on this. It's either you just leave it as it is, or sell the watch w/o any warranty paper (price differs). You may 'censor' it at your end but I am not sure how the buyer or the RSC see it. I don't see any serious issue with it because the RSC had (so far) not asked for the warranty paper when I sent few watches in for verification and servicing.

Are you referring to your Explorer II or Daytona..hehe
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Papers and Box... a must?

Hi,

for a 2nd hand it appears that is not 100% the case the watch will come with full box and papers.
      Is it a NoGo for you? what is your lower "limit": watch and cerif is enought?
      Cheers
      Olivier

Comment

IMHO papers are way way more important than the box.
        No box is not a deal breaker, especially if you trust the seller and everything else matches up.
        That said, I tend to be more wary buying Panerai as they are easy to fake well, so prefer the assurance of a full set with serial numbers on everything (tags, papers, box, case, etc...)

Hope that helps!

Comment

geoteow

Sorry double post

Comment

I think he is worry that address info on warranty card will be leaked.

Comment

My suggestion is change the block or floor u live in. Or liquid away the block and floor.
              Wonder will it affect the value?

Comment

Most of these older certs (punched papers) do not include the particulars of the buyer. What is important is the name/address of the dealer (proving this is an AD and not grey market or something else) and the date of purchase. But I have seen several certs with just the AD particulars (i.e. undated). Absence of date is not much of an issue as you can date the watch by its serial no. Although personally I like to have the date as well. Absence of buyer particulars is no problem at all. You can try to erase/cover your name/address but I would wait until you find your buyer and talk about it.

As far as I am concerned, as a seller, I wouldn't mind passing my name etc on the certificate to the next buyer. You think your name and address are so difficult for someone to find?

And as a buyer, I would not like to see something on the certificate crossed out or erased. Which is why I suggest you wait until you find your buyer and then decide.

But selling just the watch without the certificate is a no-no

Comment

Originally posted by forcabruta View Post
                  Most of these older certs (punched papers) do not include the particulars of the buyer. What is important is the name/address of the dealer (proving this is an AD and not grey market or something else) and the date of purchase. But I have seen several certs with just the AD particulars (i.e. undated). Absence of date is not much of an issue as you can date the watch by its serial no. Although personally I like to have the date as well. Absence of buyer particulars is no problem at all. You can try to erase/cover your name/address but I would wait until you find your buyer and talk about it.

As far as I am concerned, as a seller, I wouldn't mind passing my name etc on the certificate to the next buyer. You think your name and address are so difficult for someone to find?

And as a buyer, I would not like to see something on the certificate crossed out or erased. Which is why I suggest you wait until you find your buyer and then decide.

Good advise

Comment

For mine, they only requested I fill in my name on the card

Comment

Originally posted by forcabruta View Post

In a ****ty situation now. Realised that the cert to my watch is missing and probably can't find it anymore. Can anyone advise how can I get a replacement cert? Just sent the watch to RSC for servicing and yet to return from it.
                      Intending to sell it off to fund for another watch. Seems like no cert-no sell watch right?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman View Post
                        In a ****ty situation now. Realised that the cert to my watch is missing and probably can't find it anymore. Can anyone advise how can I get a replacement cert? Just sent the watch to RSC for servicing and yet to return from it.
                        Intending to sell it off to fund for another watch. Seems like no cert-no sell watch right?
                        Not really. No cert, can sell but at a lower price.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Not really. No cert, can sell but at a lower price.
                          Correct just to add. Cert will affect the price of rolex sports models more than classic models.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully the service report by RSC can cushion the cut.

Comment

Of course you can sell your watch without cert!

The original cert typically commands an additional $500-1000 to the price, but it depends on the seller & buyer, really. If you have everything (box, cert, tags, booklets, all links, etc) then maybe it's another $1000-1500 for a sports model.

When you collect from service, RSC will give you back a paper/invoice with the serial number of your watch and service details (e.g. overhaul and whatever else). This is good enough as an "authenticity" proof. The original cert and all the rest that originally came with your watch are only important for collectors.

In any case, the condition of the watch is always the most important thing! I would prefer to buy a $1000 cheaper no-cert minty watch that was recently serviced at RSC, rather than a so-so condition watch with cert with no-known service history, any time!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X