Longest Waiting List Watch Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kennethTanTan View Post
    5711 stainless steel r lots of flippers trying to flip for profit. Looks ordinary and definitely not worth to pay much premium. Unless u r desperate for it, or else no point 😂😂😂
    Actually for a fraction of the price, the Piaget Polo S looks incredibly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I've to agree that it seems to be the Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 (SS model), to be the no. 1, whether it's in demand, price or resale value. Recently came across a two years' old, overseas set, selling at 49K at a grey dealer... this is taking into consideration the retail price is only $32,700.

To my limited knowledge of watches, I would see it this way:

1. Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711/1A-010 (SS) - RRP $32,700; resale up to $49K
      2. ROLEX Daytona 116500 (SS) - RRP $16,660; resale up to $26K
      3. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Extra-Thin 15202 (SS) - RRP around low $30K; resale about same price
      4. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 (SS/blue) - RRP $24,900; resale up to $30K
      5. Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A-001 (SS/rubber) - RRP $25K; resale up to $31K
      6. ROLEX Daytona 116520 (SS/discon) - Last RRP $16,100; resale up to $25K
      7. ROLEX Submariner 16610LV (SS/discon/"kermit") - Last RRP around $9K; resale up to $15K
      8. ROLEX GMT-MasterII 16710 (SS/discon/"pepsi") - Last RRP around $7K; resale up to $14K
      9. ROLEX Submariner 116610LV (SS/green) - RRP $12,150; resale up to $16K
      10. ROLEX GMT-MasterII 116710BLNR (SS) - RRP $12,010; resale up to $14K
      11. ROLEX Sea-Dweller 126600 (SS/43mm) - RRP $15,250; resale up to $18K
      12. ROLEX Sea-Dweller 4000 116600 (SS/discon) - Last RRP $13,990; resale up to $16K
      13. ROLEX Submariner 116610LN (SS) - RRP $11,440; resale up to $13K
      14. ROLEX Sea-Dweller 16600 (SS/discon) - Last RRP around $8.8K; resale up to $10K
      15. ROLEX Submariner 14060M (SS/discon) - Last RRP around $8K+; resale about same price
      16. ROLEX Submariner 16610LN (SS/discon) - Last RRP around $8K+; resale up to $12K

Some of the above figures are estimates, but quoted by some dealers over a period of about a year.
      This is a great compilation. I'm keeping an eye on one of them.

Comment

Ya, maybe that too for now. Saw a dealer in Carousell selling about 3K above a white dial version at nearly $26K... and the retail price is only $19,340.
        I think for this watch, gives it another year and I think the demand will start to drop and the resale prices will be more reasonable.

Comment

I hope Rolex releases the Pepsi in stainless steel this Basel World 2018. This should be the most popular new model ever, surpassing the DaytonaC

On a side note, Rolex has not released any new Sub for a few years now. Maybe we will get a new colour Sub?

Comment

I've to agree that it seems to be the Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 (SS model), to be the no. 1, whether it's in demand, price or resale value. Recently came across a two years' old, overseas set, selling at 49K at a grey dealer... this is taking into consideration the retail price is only $32,700.

To my limited knowledge of watches, I would see it this way:

1. Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711/1A-010 (SS) - RRP $32,700; resale up to $49K
            2. ROLEX Daytona 116500 (SS) - RRP $16,660; resale up to $26K
            3. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Extra-Thin 15202 (SS) - RRP around low $30K; resale about same price
            4. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 (SS/blue) - RRP $24,900; resale up to $30K
            5. Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A-001 (SS/rubber) - RRP $25K; resale up to $31K
            6. ROLEX Daytona 116520 (SS/discon) - Last RRP $16,100; resale up to $25K
            7. ROLEX Submariner 16610LV (SS/discon/"kermit") - Last RRP around $9K; resale up to $15K
            8. ROLEX GMT-MasterII 16710 (SS/discon/"pepsi") - Last RRP around $7K; resale up to $14K
            9. ROLEX Submariner 116610LV (SS/green) - RRP $12,150; resale up to $16K
            10. ROLEX GMT-MasterII 116710BLNR (SS) - RRP $12,010; resale up to $14K
            11. ROLEX Sea-Dweller 126600 (SS/43mm) - RRP $15,250; resale up to $18K
            12. ROLEX Sea-Dweller 4000 116600 (SS/discon) - Last RRP $13,990; resale up to $16K
            13. ROLEX Submariner 116610LN (SS) - RRP $11,440; resale up to $13K
            14. ROLEX Sea-Dweller 16600 (SS/discon) - Last RRP around $8.8K; resale up to $10K
            15. ROLEX Submariner 14060M (SS/discon) - Last RRP around $8K+; resale about same price
            16. ROLEX Submariner 16610LN (SS/discon) - Last RRP around $8K+; resale up to $12K

Some of the above figures are estimates, but quoted by some dealers over a period of about a year.
            wonder what cause the craze for the sudden surge in the sport model a few months back.

i was at a one of the grey dealer shop and was randomly asking how much he would take for my gmt ii pepsi,and was quoted $10k, that was last year aug/ sep.

and today its up to $14k...wonder if there will be a premium if its a 3186
            Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
            Tag Heuer Formula 1
            Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
            Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
            Rolex GMT II 16710
            Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

If you take some time to read up the forum, there have been some discussions on 'why'. From my understanding, it all started when the local ADs received instructions from the ROLEX HQ a few years back, dictating that they (the ADs) were not allowed to sell ROLEX watches above retail price (the ADs were selling some of the popular models at premium prices and making their customers signed an undertaking). I'm not sure if ROLEX did the same to other countries. At that time, most of the current sought after sports models were easily available and some came with discounts, between 5% and 15%, depending on the relationship between the customer and AD.

However, since then, stocks for these models started running low and discounts were slowly taken away as the demand rose. There have been conflicting rumors about the shortage - some said the ADs were the ones intentionally holding on to the stocks and only selling the popular models gradually to VVIP customers thru' various methods, even selling only to their grey dealer contacts; while some said ROLEX was intentionally cutting their supplies to the ADs as some way of 'punishing' the ADs so as to curb premium-selling. Then of late, some started to speculate that ROLEX had cut supply of current models because they might be introducing the new movements to the existing models, and at the same time, raising their prices.

It's anybody's guess but one thing for sure, the grey dealers are milking whatever they can now and selling some of the models at rocket-high prices. Just look at the stainless steel (SS) Daytonas, Submariner LV, Sea-Dweller 43mm, GMT-Master II 'Batman', and even the new Skydweller

You were right about the older GMT-Master II's current pricing. And you don't need to 'wonder about the 3186 version'... the premium is unthinkable at the moment!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Well said. 👍👍👍☺️☺️☺️

Comment

How about 5712/1A? Any idea what's the RRP?

Cheer
                  Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
                  Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
                  Rolex Seadweller 126600
                  Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
                  Rolex Submariner 16610
                  Tudor Pelagos LHD
                  Panerai 233
                  Panerai 104
                  Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
                  Sinn Ultimate U
                  Sinn U2 S
                  Sinn U1 Black (Stealth)
                  Sinn U1
                  Dievas Shadow
                  Vihelm Talos (Blue)
                  Vilhelm Elemental (Gunmetal)
                  Zelos Hammerhead Bronze
                  Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph (White)
                  Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph
                  Seiko Sportura Kinetic Chronograph

Comment

i paid 12k for a 116610LN last month, waiting list was 6 months for Hour glass, while the ADs in chinatown say after CNY might have.

Tried to buy one since September, gave up and bought at a small premium. Then i saw on facebook, some dude bought a 116610LN from the AD that i was asking like a week ago, quite pissed but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryghost View Post
                      i paid 12k for a 116610LN last month, waiting list was 6 months for Hour glass, while the ADs in chinatown say after CNY might have.

Tried to buy one since September, gave up and bought at a small premium. Then i saw on facebook, some dude bought a 116610LN from the AD that i was asking like a week ago, quite pissed but oh well.
                      This is all about timing, no choice. It's also demand-and-supply issue. I recalled once I was quoted a lower price (AD gave a discount) for a ROLEX watch model at the start of the year. I wasn't really keen then. In the same year but at its tail end, I asked for the same watch thinking I could buy at the price quoted to me earlier. But the price was higher. The AD could not give any discount for it due to increased demand and low supply (the price diff was about 1.5K).

I understand your unhappiness but as I have explained earlier in one of the threads, the ADs decide and choose who they want to sell their watches to. The so-called 'waiting list' is bull****.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X