Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why the value of two tone rolex is so much lower as compared to full steel version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why the value of two tone rolex is so much lower as compared to full steel version?

Hi All rolexes out there,

trying to look out on the web but seemed that articles on this topic not really comprehensive so need to hear the opinions of everybody if care to share.

i realized that the two tone, take for eg, 116613LB preowned prices on the market is so much lower when compared to rolex boutique recommended retail price, but model like 116610LV or even 116610LN, the preowned price is either near to or so much higher than the rolex recommended selling price. Ofcourse i understand demand and supply play a large part however, is there any other reason/s?? Kindly share your view. Thank you

Originally posted by Jienai69 View Post

trying to look out on the web but seemed that articles on this topic not really comprehensive so need to hear the opinions of everybody if care to share.

i realized that the two tone, take for eg, 116613LB preowned prices on the market is so much lower when compared to rolex boutique recommended retail price, but model like 116610LV or even 116610LN, the preowned price is either near to or so much higher than the rolex recommended selling price. Ofcourse i understand demand and supply play a large part however, is there any other reason/s?? Kindly share your view. Thank you
    To put it simply, in the first place, the popular SS models like Hulk and Batman (brand new) are already selling at grossly high premiums in the secondary market. Hence, this will result in their pre-owned pieces following suit, which explains their prices are closer or even higher than a brand new RRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jienai69 View Post

Traditionally for ROLEX watches (even for most other watch brands), between the stainless steel (SS) and half-gold aka two-tone (TT) versions, the former has been often more sought after than the latter. Some reasons may include:

1. A SS watch is less expensive to begin with.
      2. Most who started out getting into luxury watches, start with SS models.
      3. A SS watch is generally more aesthetically pleasing.
      3. There's versatility of wear for a SS watch than a more classy-looking TT model.
      4. It should cost lesser to upkeep a SS watch especially when you need to replace those parts
      that are in precious metal.
      5. SS watches tend to be more popular across a wider span of ages whereas TT watches mostly
      begin to catch the attention of those who are older (more of an age thingy).

Hope this is easy for you to understand.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I was told by a watch dealer in his own words, that two-tone sports models are considered 'poor man's' Rolex. Yes, it's an oxymoron as they cost more than ss models but he gave his explanation. You can walk into any AD and buy a two tone daytona or GMT or sub. No need to wait or put name down. If you are very unlucky, you may have to wait for the sales person to bring it out from the safe.

But to buy a SS daytona, DSSD Blue, SS Skydweller, Hulk, BLNR, you must already have a very good relationship with the AD. This means one would have already spent the price of a HDB with the AD. In current times, popular SS Sports models are almost only offered to heavy hitters or VIPs. That's why they are considered as 'rich man's' toys. That's why two-tone models resale prices are significantly lower. It has been the case for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by rallyx View Post
          I was told by a watch dealer in his own words, that two-tone sports models are considered 'poor man's' Rolex. Yes, it's an oxymoron as they cost more than ss models but he gave his explanation. You can walk into any AD and buy a two tone daytona or GMT or sub. No need to wait or put name down. If you are very unlucky, you may have to wait for the sales person to bring it out from the safe.

But to buy a SS daytona, DSSD Blue, SS Skydweller, Hulk, BLNR, you must already have a very good relationship with the AD. This means one would have already spent the price of a HDB with the AD. In current times, popular SS Sports models are almost only offered to heavy hitters or VIPs. That's why they are considered as 'rich man's' toys. That's why two-tone models resale prices are significantly lower. It has been the case for many years.
          I find it funny when u said TT are considered as poor man’s rolex.

How do u explain why full gold rolex be it classic and sports models are also nowhere near the RRP ? Poor man’s rolex also ?

It purely due to demand & supply. SS Datejust are nowhere near the RRP too. Your analogy is totally wrong. I Guess the watch dealer that told u this is trying to smoke you.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X