5 years servicing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years servicing?

Hi guys, have a local AD bought LV since 13 and it's about 5yo alr. Should we bring it down for servicing? Think the 5yr warranty going to end soon. If watch is performing fine can leave it be and continue using it or die die must go service and whats the interval period between each servicing?

Much thanks for kind advise.
    Beep Beep!!!!!

Everyone who talks about servicing Rolexes, including AD staff, say 10 years is a perfectly good interval

Comment

Personally, I believe once in 10 years is good enough for normal usage (office, travel, weekends etc)

Comment

Oh. Thank you for the advise that 10 years interval for Rolex watches. All along I thought every 5 years need to service once. Yippy! Can relax and enjoy my watch for another gd 5 years before going for first service. Hehe. Thanks all!
        Beep Beep!!!!!

Comment

It actually depends on how the watch is being used/worn. There's no hard-and-fast-rule to determine what is a good timeline to service a ROLEX watch. For example, if I only have a watch that I wear everyday, and for long hours each day, and doing almost every activity wearing it, then likely getting it serviced every 3-4 years will be good.

On the contrary, if I have a few watches to rotate around, say on average, each is worn only once/twice a week, and the duration of wear per day is less than 8 hours, and the only activities I do are driving to and from office, desk-bound job in an air-com env and nothing physically challenging. Then, the servicing interval can be up to 9-10 years once.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            It actually depends on how the watch is being used/worn. There's no hard-and-fast-rule to determine what is a good timeline to service a ROLEX watch. For example, if I only have a watch that I wear everyday, and for long hours each day, and doing almost every activity wearing it, then likely getting it serviced every 3-4 years will be good.

On the contrary, if I have a few watches to rotate around, say on average, each is worn only once/twice a week, and the duration of wear per day is less than 8 hours, and the only activities I do are driving to and from office, desk-bound job in an air-com env and nothing physically challenging. Then, the servicing interval can be up to 9-10 years once.
            any implications of not having it serviced until its giving problems?

Comment

My father in law just had his Rolex fixed after it broke for the first time in 35 years. Cost him 250 for the repair (not from Rolex of course) and seems good as new. He has worn it every day driving a bus in Singapore 6 days a week. This is not a recommendation, just an observation....

Comment

If it aint broken, dun fix it..

Comment

I will service both my rolex after 35 years as I only wear them on weekends in rotation.

Comment

before the warranty expired, if we bring the rolex to say a suspect problem , will they do the greasing for you free on the watch when they open up even if there is no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
                      before the warranty expired, if we bring the rolex to say a suspect problem , will they do the greasing for you free on the watch when they open up even if there is no issue.
                      Anybody can kindly give their view on this. I will like to know too

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
                        I may not be correct as I've not tried to do this before. But as long as you send the watch in to check a (suspected) problem, the watch tech will check what the problem actually is. If it's to do with lack of grease, they will definitely do it for you, FOC. I'm sure the watch can't be returned to the owner with the same problem still persisting.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

I may not be correct as I've not tried to do this before. But as long as you send the watch in to check a (suspected) problem, the watch tech will check what the problem actually is. If it's to do with lack of grease, they will definitely do it for you, FOC. I'm sure the watch can't be returned to the owner with the same problem still persisting.
                          Great. If so I will send in my watches before the 5 year warranty expires. I wear them everyday and if can get the free greasing would be fantastic.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X