Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tearing off Green Hologram

Anyone expert here?

I tried to do so but ended up quite bad job so just pushed it back..... My 1st watch somehow managed to peel it off quite well. Saw on the forum that they use a knief but I do not want to do so as may end up scratching the back of watch.... likewise I do not fancy the use of any liquids.....

i tink as an alternative.. u can use a clear sticker to 'protect' the hologram from ur sweat, etc...
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

louisoh,

good idea, any suggestion where to get such clear stickers?

Comment

Originally posted by paithorn View Post
        Anyone expert here?

I tried to do so but ended up quite bad job so just pushed it back..... My 1st watch somehow managed to peel it off quite well. Saw on the forum that they use a knief but I do not want to do so as may end up scratching the back of watch.... likewise I do not fancy the use of any liquids.....
        MY TRICK>>>

To remove the hologram...

1. constantly wear it for months, and the hologram can be peeled off easily.

2. when brand new, use a hair dryer, blow at the hologram, use an ice cream kinda stick (sharpen one side of it just like a pen knife blade),wet it with nail polish remover solution and slowly peel it while back is still hot. (Hair dryer=melts the glue inbetween the hologram and the case)...

3. The hassle free way, bought it that time, ask the guy to do it for you.
        (BUT MUST TAKE BACK THE HOLOGRAM, as the HOLOGRAM=$$$).

That's all I can say... any further questions, SHOUT for my nick and I'll be here...
        Last edited by DoubleK; 10-07-07, 10:09 AM.

Comment

i just wear the watch until the sticker falls off......lazy to peel it off and it's just a sticker anyway....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
            i just wear the watch until the sticker falls off......lazy to peel it off and it's just a sticker anyway....
            sama sama, me found out when a friend bought his thru the sales person.
            anyway, was told the holograms can be sold off (price no idea) at that time.

Comment

i tink any clear plastic eg, something like alumnium foil kinda material... no need wrap round the watch la... juz put at the back.. it'll kinda 'stick' to your watch back.. but is still removable so when u remove the clear 'sticker', it will not deface your hologram also...

rem.. it's juz something to protec the hologram from ur sweat.. lol ..
              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Thanks for sharing....

My own experince....
                Thot of asking AD to remove for me but i know sure have to pay 1st then he do it. What if he scratches it? I dun think he will gimme a new one right? Might as well not take the risk...
                I tried to remove by blunt plastic scrapper this time but ended up a messy job so I push back the hologram...
                I do not like another piece of plastic over it as it will be less comfy to wear the watch....
                I wore with hologram on the last watch but beware....due to the heat...after 2 weeks to 3 weeks, the hologram will sort of "melt" and it is harder to remove the sticky stuff, not to mention the state of the hologram...

Comment

Originally posted by paithorn View Post
                  Thanks for sharing....

My own experince....
                  Thot of asking AD to remove for me but i know sure have to pay 1st then he do it. What if he scratches it? I dun think he will gimme a new one right? Might as well not take the risk...
                  I tried to remove by blunt plastic scrapper this time but ended up a messy job so I push back the hologram...
                  I do not like another piece of plastic over it as it will be less comfy to wear the watch....
                  I wore with hologram on the last watch but beware....due to the heat...after 2 weeks to 3 weeks, the hologram will sort of "melt" and it is harder to remove the sticky stuff, not to mention the state of the hologram...
                  It will not be harder to remove... wear it longer, soon you can easily peel it off.... u can throw away the hologram by then... cos stinkO also...

Comment

oh is it?

Comment

hey paithorn...
                      wah, so fast you bought a new rolex already...

was it the new GMT-II w/ green GMT marker?

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                        hey paithorn...
                        wah, so fast you bought a new rolex already...

was it the new GMT-II w/ green GMT marker?
                        yes, i got that model...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleK View Post
                          MY TRICK>>>

To remove the hologram...

1. constantly wear it for months, and the hologram can be peeled off easily.

2. when brand new, use a hair dryer, blow at the hologram, use an ice cream kinda stick (sharpen one side of it just like a pen knife blade),wet it with nail polish remover solution and slowly peel it while back is still hot. (Hair dryer=melts the glue inbetween the hologram and the case)...

3. The hassle free way, bought it that time, ask the guy to do it for you.
                          (BUT MUST TAKE BACK THE HOLOGRAM, as the HOLOGRAM=$$$).

That's all I can say... any further questions, SHOUT for my nick and I'll be here...
                          are you serious??? i throw mine away!!!

Comment

I have read many forums and I tend to think and agree that the hologram is useless... you can get good fakes online.... having a hologram does not prove yr rolly is real anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by gate View Post
                              are you serious??? i throw mine away!!!
                              Aiya... bobianz liao... anyway that was in the past, I have no idea currently are those holograms still in demand... cos those familiar Sales staff no longer working when I visited them...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X