Advisory : Bracelet Link Interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Bracelet Link Interchangeability

Hi all, need to ask the experts here about bracelet links.

You know how sometimes we need to adjust our belts as well as the watch bracelets' length by moving the bracelet clasp pin due to our seasonal diets of mooncake, bak chang, turkey, bakwa, togo nites, etc.

According to 93150 vs 78360, it says that links can be switched easily with no worries.

My GMT bracelet 78360 ( with polished sides and simple clasp) has 11 links. But it is a bit too tight even after adjusting the clasp pins to max.

I know one solution is to buy another link. Another solution is to cannibalise from another bracelet.

So can I seek your advice if it is wise to take out one link from my Expl 78790 bracelet with 12 links plus flip-lock clasp (and polished sides) to fit my GMT 78360 bracelet pls?

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Can interchange the watch links?

Here is the reference from the Rolex Forum that I saw :

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=68002

QUOTE:- "The solid link 93150 is usually found on Submariners or Sea Dwellers (the flip-lock clasp with diver's extension was developed for these models and was originally introduced on the folded link 9315 predecessor). The solid link 78360 is more appropriate for a GMT. Someone else might be able to advise re: end pieces for this Oyster bracelet. I'm more familiar with the folded link 7836...

The links of the bracelets, per se, are extremely similar, and in fact interchangeable for utilitarian purposes. Indeed, my Tudor Sub 79190 is currently on a hybrid bracelet composed of a 93150 clasp and 78360 links (fortunately only cost me $100)."

Do any bros here have any experience in interchanging their watch links?

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Bracelet link

Hi All Guru,

Is the Seadweller (91360a) bracelet link same as GMT II (78790a)?

Thanks

Comment

It appears to be the same. When sent for servicing, RSC did not flag out the gmt2 links I added to my SD.

Comment

Noted. Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X