Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Refurbishment

Advice needed,

Hi guys, recently, I dug up my father's old rolex (a 6694) which had fell into disrepair years and years ago. I would like to restore it for him as i believe it has some sentimental value attached to it.

When brought it to RSC and they quoted me an overhaul, a back, bezel, middle, dial and bracelet replacement which amounted to some 2576.00. I was pretty shocked as i had only budgeted about 1000 for this undertaking.

Sentimentality aside, is this repair economically feasible, i think the repairs would cost more than what the watch cost in the past and its value today. (The 6694 isn't a very expensive model right?)

Do i have any alternatives? I remember seeing rolex bracelets on the internet for about $100 as compared to the $625 rsc quoted me. And would going to these 3rd party repairers really compromise on the 100% rolex thing?

Or would it be cheaper if i brought the watch to London or Europe with me for repairs?

Would be grateful for any insights and advice thanks!

I think u can try the uncle at Top Hour in lucky plaza, honest guy...

Comment

Originally posted by namyahk View Post
      Advice needed,

Hi guys, recently, I dug up my father's old rolex (a 6694) which had fell into disrepair years and years ago. I would like to restore it for him as i believe it has some sentimental value attached to it.

When brought it to RSC and they quoted me an overhaul, a back, bezel, middle, dial and bracelet replacement which amounted to some 2576.00. I was pretty shocked as i had only budgeted about 1000 for this undertaking.

Sentimentality aside, is this repair economically feasible, i think the repairs would cost more than what the watch cost in the past and its value today. (The 6694 isn't a very expensive model right?)

Do i have any alternatives? I remember seeing rolex bracelets on the internet for about $100 as compared to the $625 rsc quoted me. And would going to these 3rd party repairers really compromise on the 100% rolex thing?

Or would it be cheaper if i brought the watch to London or Europe with me for repairs?

Would be grateful for any insights and advice thanks!
      Economically..no it's not feasible. But to me...any amount paid to bring this sentimental piece back alive...is worth it.I paid $750 for a SS bracelet and several hundreds more for repairs of my 40 year old DJ. I would say every penny worth paid...others will say I am

Rolex bracelets pls do not buy from the internet. If you want...check out the uncle @ top hour, he does restoration and sells bracelets. But if u want something 100% sure it's no problem 1...get from RSC...u still get 2 more year warranty

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Top hour. Aye. Thanks guys

Comment

yeah...Mr Lim is a nice guy...with many swee swee rolexes there for sale too...always pop by there to see his vintage pieces....excellent choices...but me funds limited so can only see cannot buy...Zzzz...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Economically..no it's not feasible. But to me...any amount paid to bring this sentimental piece back alive...is worth it.I paid $750 for a SS bracelet and several hundreds more for repairs of my 40 year old DJ. I would say every penny worth paid...others will say I am

Rolex bracelets pls do not buy from the internet. If you want...check out the uncle @ top hour, he does restoration and sells bracelets. But if u want something 100% sure it's no problem 1...get from RSC...u still get 2 more year warranty
            once serviced from RSC we get an extended 2 year warranty ah?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              once serviced from RSC we get an extended 2 year warranty ah?
              Overhaul yes if my memory serves me right...or is it 1 year wait I think it's 1 year

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Overhaul yes if my memory serves me right...or is it 1 year wait I think it's 1 year
                I also think is 1 year from date of service.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X