No announcement yet.

Casual talk on prices for rolex watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No la, I asked my Sis in law who is a foreigner to claim back the GST la.. I can get back $400 plus mah that y the SD cost abt $7.6 lor. Actually I wanted to get the Sub but after trying both SD and Sub, my wife and I find tat SD look nicer on my hand lor... hahaha... but I m targeting Sub but not so soon coz my wife wanted to get a DJ and it cost abt $8k plus aft discount. So most likely hv to save up some more $$ then can get my Sub... I actually look for pre-owned GMT II for some time but I find that the price is too high therefore decided to buy a brand new watch fm AD.. and also done alot of sweet talk to finance minister then she allow me to buy.... hahaha, nw she also kana poison by me liao....
    Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

• Hi all forum brothers and sisters,

thanks for the information and personal information. I'll definitely take my time to look around the market, and weigh the pros and cons of brand-new vs pre-owned before investing in one. But one thing I know for sure, there r many nice folks like u out there who are willing to share ur buying experience. I look forward to telling u folks when I finally buy my dream watch!

Cheers! Good week to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
        No la, I asked my Sis in law who is a foreigner to claim back the GST la.. I can get back $400 plus mah that y the SD cost abt $7.6 lor. Actually I wanted to get the Sub but after trying both SD and Sub, my wife and I find tat SD look nicer on my hand lor... hahaha... but I m targeting Sub but not so soon coz my wife wanted to get a DJ and it cost abt $8k plus aft discount. So most likely hv to save up some more $$ then can get my Sub... I actually look for pre-owned GMT II for some time but I find that the price is too high therefore decided to buy a brand new watch fm AD.. and also done alot of sweet talk to finance minister then she allow me to buy.... hahaha, nw she also kana poison by me liao....
        congrats on yr new watch! it's the King! post some shots to share the joy. cheers!
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

What's the new list price for the 116713?
          Any of the ADs have it in stock or is it as hot as the 116710? Possible to get any discount?
          My Collection
          Pam 196
          Pam 23
          Pam 187
          Rolex Explorer II "Polar Bear"
          Corum Black Hull 48
          AP Royal Oak Offshore Titanium

Wishlist
          Pam 233
          AP Bumblebee

Comment

• Let me check...
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by fongwk76 View Post
              What's the new list price for the 116713?
              Any of the ADs have it in stock or is it as hot as the 116710? Possible to get any discount?
              list price for Half gold GMT2 $14171 .
              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
              Rolex LV submariner
              Rolex TT black submariner
              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
              Rolex Non date submariner
              Rolex Explorer2
              More...

Comment

• Any ADs have stock and do you think i can get any discount for it?
                If not,i'm thinking of buying from EBAY (thewatchcollector),is this advisable? his selling price is US$8895. has anyone bought from this seller before?
                My Collection
                Pam 196
                Pam 23
                Pam 187
                Corum Black Hull 48

Wishlist
                Pam 233
                AP Bumblebee

Comment

• to buy GMT Master II

Hi all,

I am new to this board. I have been wanting to buy a GMT II and was told that Singapore is the best place to buy a Rolex (you lucky people). I am thinking about buying one when transiting in Singapore next month. Can anyone tell me how much you expect to pay for a new GMT II in Singapore?
                  thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by fengz; 12-04-08, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Shld b between S$10k n S$11k, as of current. Nt sure if price may change in later weeks. Try The Hour Glass(THG), or some other ADs(authorised dealers). Let me knw if u need any help.

Thanx .
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Current pricing is $10.8K but should have be able to bargain down to $10.5K.

Comment

• it seems that there is a seriousl following for gmt2. i used to never like sport watches now also kenna addicted and want to buy one next time
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• The search is on

Hi everyone,

juz to share wif u my little story of window-shopping. I went to a shop at Pennisula Plaza opposite PK (forgot the name). Tried the Date-just, white dial, roman numeral markings.As much as I like the design, I realised that my wrist is too big, so the DJ dun look too nice on me. But anyone the lady quoted mi $6.8k.

Next I tried the Explorer II, black dial and I feel that I've found my watch. Now I realli understand when u folks said that u gonna try the watch on before considering it. The lady quoted me $7.3k. Think I shd take the plunge?

I went to the Cortina at RC next and they quoted me $7.9k for the Explorer.

I'm considering a pre-owned Explorer that I saw the other day @ some website. Going for abt $5.5k. Dunno whether there'll be further discount. Hehe looks I'll be hunting around for some time now.

Comment

• Explorer II

I want to get a Explorer II asap, I am in Hong Kong currently and the at the AD's the retail is HKD42300, but without really asking the HK AD's tend to give 8% off from the retail making the "real retail" hkd 38916, as the sellers tell you about this 8% "discount" right away.

Getting more off seems to be a real hassle and nigh impossible from my experience (yes I am a gweilo as they so nicely call us in HK). (Their only reply is "yes, maybe toyearago, butnomore, eightperecentmaximum" and then some times very rarely a "sorry" on top of that, in the usual great HK customer service fashion).

I am relocating to Singapore very soon an wondered if I should wait until then to get one.

So would be very pleased to know what is the retail for a Explorer II is in Sgp and how much can I except to get off from this price? And also maybe suggestions for shops where to buy one from.

The figures translate as follows with current FX:

HKD42300 = 7375 Sing Dollars
                            HKD38916 = 6785 Sing Dollars

With many thanks in advance,

/A

Comment

• i just came back from HK. The standard discount there is 8% and i think the ADs are quite firm on that. Checked the discounted price of a datejust which my wife wanted and it was more expensive than SG.
                              But i managed to get myself a TT GMT Master II 166173. List Price was lower than SG and they also gave me the 8% discount.
                              The SS GMT 166170 was to tough to find, only the non ADs had it and the lowest price i saw was abt HKD55k ~ SG$9.8k. No discount.
                              My Collection
                              Pam 196
                              Pam 23
                              Pam 187
                              Corum Black Hull 48

Wishlist
                              Pam 233
                              AP Bumblebee

Comment

• Originally posted by fongwk76 View Post
                                i just came back from HK. The standard discount there is 8% and i think the ADs are quite firm on that. Checked the discounted price of a datejust which my wife wanted and it was more expensive than SG.
                                But i managed to get myself a TT GMT Master II 166173. List Price was lower than SG and they also gave me the 8% discount.
                                The SS GMT 166170 was to tough to find, only the non ADs had it and the lowest price i saw was abt HKD55k ~ SG$9.8k. No discount.
                                i would say it works for certain models. i remember when i went to m'sia, the cost of 2nd hand DJ was 1:1 in johor. not to mention that the environment is not that safe hence i never bother to look further. also my m'sian customers tell me that they prefer to buy in s'pore as it is safer and easier to get service without having to worry about authencity issues. of course YMMV.

i would say that the SA will look at the customer and gauge the amount of discount that they are willing to give.
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X