Prices prices prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post

From my understanding Rolex did not reduce production is just that AD prefer to sell those popular ss model to their VIP.. Walk in to one of the AD and was told by that.
    I think you are correct. ROLEX did not reduce production. And it is not just about ADs selling only to their VIPs/VVIPs. It is also because with the same amount (of watches) ROLEX produces every year, this same quantity also has to be distributed to more shops/branches worldwide now. So each gets lesser quantity of watches and decreased frequency of incoming new pieces.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post
      AD guy told me they can't sell to normal walk in..
      This is correct. But only very specific models. One thing I find contradicting. There you have the ADs advertising their ROLEX sports models everywhere, but each time you ask for them, they are seldom (or never) available. So I wonder, why waste money on advertising when you have no watch to sell to more people? I don't think they need the advertisements to sell to their VIP customers, correct? Jokers...
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
        Oh man....

Looks like have to switch to DateJust....or MILGAUSS
        Can also, as long as you like them. But do bear in mind, the usual discount has either ceased or you're going to get very little (discount) for it, depending which model you are getting.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Snowspeeder View Post

I qualify as a normal walkin for my first 2 SS models. I must be fortunate they sold to me instead of VIPs.
          Think I shared this before. If you are not a VIP or VVIP standard customer and is depending on a phone call to get your watch, then good luck. Best for now is to walk the ground, asked the ADs as much as when you can, and hope for a 'miracle'. I have seen that happened a few times with the ADs. All walk-ins, non-VIP customers, one bought a SD 50th anniversary; one a Submariner date; and one a GMT-Master II - all SS models.

So you think the "waiting list" helps?!
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Think I shared this before. If you are not a VIP or VVIP standard customer and is depending on a phone call to get your watch, then good luck. Best for now is to walk the ground, asked the ADs as much as when you can, and hope for a 'miracle'. I have seen that happened a few times with the ADs. All walk-ins, non-VIP customers, one bought a SD 50th anniversary; one a Submariner date; and one a GMT-Master II - all SS models.

Come next year I could sense my 3rd 'miracle' (deep sea blue) shall present itself.

Comment

Come next year I could sense my 3rd 'miracle' (deep sea blue) shall present itself.
              Pray hard, my friend, pray hard
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Pray hard, my friend, pray hard
                Destiny is inevitable.

Comment

I think rolex is moving towards Hermes strategy . You need to buy others model to get a slim chance of getting stainless steel sport.

Comment

Hmm ... I bought a GMT Master 2 (116710LN) from THG just under 2 weeks ago. Just slightly above $11K.

Comment

Apparently it does.

Cos I received the call. Was out of town then. Came back 1 week later to purchase (see post above).

Comment

Originally posted by Sinn-er View Post

Apparently it does.

Cos I received the call. Was out of town then. Came back 1 week later to purchase (see post above).
                        Not exactly a 'call'. Was notified via whatsapp. Just to be accurate.

Comment

Hmm ... I bought a GMT Master 2 (116710LN) from THG just under 2 weeks ago. Just slightly above $11K.
                          You are so lucky..

Comment

Apparently it does.

Do you mean the ROLEX GMT-Master II 116710LN? If yes, then it is possible in your scenario. I was referring more to the more popular sports models such as the Submariner LV, GMT-Master II 116710BLRO and the steel Daytonas, etc.

Just late last year, my friend walked in to an AD to ask for a 116710LN. There was no stock at that moment and he left his name and left. A week later, the AD called him and told him a piece had arrived. He went down a couple of days later and bought it. And that was the first time he bought a watch from the AD.

And that's not all. Two weeks after he bought the watch, he went to the same AD to window-shop with no serious intention to buy watch. During casual chat, the AD told him a Submariner 116610LN just arrived earlier in the morning and asked if he was keen to buy. He bought it straightaway! What was infuriating was, the AD actually had the cheek to tell him that there was a queue for the Submariner but since he was there and can buy the watch instantly, she did not want to waste time to call those in queue.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Do you mean the ROLEX GMT-Master II 116710LN? If yes, then it is possible in your scenario. I was referring more to the more popular sports models such as the Submariner LV, GMT-Master II 116710BLRO and the steel Daytonas, etc.

Just late last year, my friend walked in to an AD to ask for a 116710LN. There was no stock at that moment and he left his name and left. A week later, the AD called him and told him a piece had arrived. He went down a couple of days later and bought it. And that was the first time he bought a watch from the AD.

And that's not all. Two weeks after he bought the watch, he went to the same AD to window-shop with no serious intention to buy watch. During casual chat, the AD told him a Submariner 116610LN just arrived earlier in the morning and asked if he was keen to buy. He bought it straightaway! What was infuriating was, the AD actually had the cheek to tell him that there was a queue for the Submariner but since he was there and can buy the watch instantly, she did not want to waste time to call those in queue.
                              Yup yup .. it's the 116710LN.

As for the Submariner, .. am still kicking myself for not getting the no date version earlier this year when I chanced upon it at Grassy, Madrid, Spain. Was going at S$9.6K. Argh!

Comment

If this is indeed their strategy, they may well have succeeded in eradicating most if not the entire discount structure. But I was wondering if the rise in demand being the primary contributing factor that led to the scarcity of supply?
                                You are right about people paying premiums for sought after models such as the new GMT and the Daytona. It's really crazy but demand is there for sure and increasing over the years.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X