are we in a rolex bubble? feel like the magic wanting to own one is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we in a rolex bubble? feel like the magic wanting to own one is gone

that's what I feel. people pricing hulks ard 17k or above in the secondary market is just outrageous. I seriously think we are in a bubble. may also be due to ppl are making more $$$ due to an inflated economy. hmmmm. but I just have a feeling rolex (and stocks and shares) prices will correct to normal prices soon.. maybe next year or the year after that. just my opinion guys. nothing against those who paid thousands above the rrp.

What you have said about the "rolex bubble" had been speculated by many (from consumers to watch dealers, even the ADs themselves) few years ago. Instead of seeing "it" (the bubble) burst, the situation has gotten worse over recent years. The likelihood that the "bubble" would burst is when:

1. The "source", i.e. ROLEX, multiply their production by 3 times
    What this would mean is the cost of production will go up - from hiring more staff / paying staff for longer work hours, to buying more machines and equipment.
    So, be prepared for higher watch prices.

2. Control/manage their number of ADs
    Over recent years, there have been a substantial increase in the number of Rolex AD outlets over the world. This has directly translated to very low quantities
    of product distribution to each outlet. Many Rolex watch outlets are left with nothing to display/sell locally, even regionally. One remark made by a member
    here that "our Rolex boutiques/ADs look like they had been 'robbed'" sounded so apt.

3. A worthy (watch) competitor comes up
    As of now, IMO, no other watch brand matches up to Rolex. But who knows the future, right?

4. World demand (for Rolex watches) dies down
    This can only happen with a miracle. The major buyers suddenly switch their appetite away for Rolex. Somehow, this is related to point no. 3.

So, what do you think?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi bro O.K. yes the point abt increase in production is very interesting. what I believe will bring down rolex prices is a recession or something similar to that. lots more prosperous people now compared to before 2010 who can afford Rolexes. One remark made by a member
      here that "our Rolex boutiques/ADs look like they had been 'robbed'" sounded so apt.> very interesting point. have not walked in or past an AD for quite some time but im not surprised as all or most steel sports have been sold out. my cousin was at an AD in perth a few weeks ago. also similar story. she was asking abt the sub for me but the sales rep tried to sell her a ladies DJ. only steel sports she spotted was the milgauss. no explorers even, be it I or II. thanks for the reply bro

Comment

Originally posted by jackpereira67 View Post
        hi bro O.K. yes the point abt increase in production is very interesting. what I believe will bring down rolex prices is a recession or something similar to that. lots more prosperous people now compared to before 2010 who can afford Rolexes. One remark made by a member
        here that "our Rolex boutiques/ADs look like they had been 'robbed'" sounded so apt.> very interesting point. have not walked in or past an AD for quite some time but im not surprised as all or most steel sports have been sold out. my cousin was at an AD in perth a few weeks ago. also similar story. she was asking abt the sub for me but the sales rep tried to sell her a ladies DJ. only steel sports she spotted was the milgauss. no explorers even, be it I or II. thanks for the reply bro
        I'm not sure about ROLEX prices being hit during a recession. It didn't happen like that during the last recession. IIRC, at most, ROLEX will not increase it's pricing for a longer period, that's all.

In the case about your cousin being offered a DJ when she was asking for a Sub, it would not be the case here in Singapore. I was told, if a customer asks for a ROLEX sports model here in a local AD, and if there's no stock, the sales person was not allowed to recommend the customer another watch model or brand. Unless, of course, the customer requests for other recommendations. Anyway, diff country, diff practice/policy.

Tx for sharing too
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thank you for yr response appreciate it

Comment

Yup, if you can find a Sport model on display in local AD, it is like tiok 4D

Comment

"You never actually own a Lorex.
              You merely take care of it for the next generation."

It saved my life when I needed cash
              It'll save urs too when u least sexpect it
              "You never actually own a Lorex. You merely take care of it for the next generation."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X