Rolex TT Submariner 116613LB/116613LN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex TT Submariner 116613LB/116613LN

With the SS in high demand, I'm considering moving towards a TT Sub 116613LB/LN. MSRP is at $18,070 and I have seen a few pieces at grey market selling for below that price with warranty dated in Dec 2018 so would I expect ADs to provide a decent discount over for either of these reference #? Last week, 1 AD quoted an LN with no discount so I am rather hesistant. Is that the norm for even TT?

I would prefer buying from AD to build up some form of relationship again as the last I bought from the AD was 2 pairs of Rolex 5 years back.

Originally posted by Noak View Post
    With the SS in high demand, I'm considering moving towards a TT Sub 116613LB/LN. MSRP is at $18,070 and I have seen a few pieces at grey market selling for below that price with warranty dated in Dec 2018 so would I expect ADs to provide a decent discount over for either of these reference #? Last week, 1 AD quoted an LN with no discount so I am rather hesistant. Is that the norm for even TT?

I would prefer buying from AD to build up some form of relationship again as the last I bought from the AD was 2 pairs of Rolex 5 years back.
    Just to point out a few things from your post:

You are comparing prices between the grey dealers and ADs but you prefer to buy from the ADs. I don't think grey dealers' pricings affect how much the ADs are selling their watches. The ADs in Singapore, if that's what you are referring to, are selling most of their Rolex watches at the recommended retail prices (RRPs). And especially for Rolex sports models, be it SS or TT (now even the precious metals models), the ADs are not known to be giving any discount.

And if your preference to buy from the ADs is for the purpose of building rapport, then your choice of watches should not be for the more popular Rolex models. Most ADs, if not all, prefer customers to buy the less popular watch models. Gradually, when the rapport is build up over time, some of them may then offer you the more popular watch models. I believe this is more effective in rapport building.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for providing some insight.

I had assumed that the Rolexes sold in the grey market with recent dated warranty could be from local ADs, hence I wonder if the ADs are providing some discounts. I'm hoping to seek some insights I from fellow locals if the TTs are offered at MSRP or with discounts but from what you'd mentioned, it seem to be MSRP for now, even for TT and PM.

I had read on TRF that ppl would expect discounts for TT and PM in the US market, I guess it's different market, different demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Noak View Post
        Thanks for providing some insight.

I had assumed that the Rolexes sold in the grey market with recent dated warranty could be from local ADs, hence I wonder if the ADs are providing some discounts. I'm hoping to seek some insights I from fellow locals if the TTs are offered at MSRP or with discounts but from what you'd mentioned, it seem to be MSRP for now, even for TT and PM.

I had read on TRF that ppl would expect discounts for TT and PM in the US market, I guess it's different market, different demand.
        Rolex watches sold in the local grey market can be from local and overseas ADs, not just local ADs. And most of these watches in the grey market that you see from local ADs, were likely trade-ins from owners. I don't think we will be able to know or determine if the buyers had bought the watches at a discount or not.

Different country; different market demand. That's for sure. Moreover, you are citing the US market, which is far from here.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X