Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are There So Many Lowballers in Timezone ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are There So Many Lowballers in Timezone ???

Can't understand. Rolex brand has very standardized maket value globally and also in Singapore. Why are there still so many low ballers in this forum ? Just try selling your watch and you will receive a hundred sms with low ball offers.....................why ???

not just for rolex, but anything else you sell (here or elsewhere). i tried to sell my mac not long ago, and had one idiot low ball me, inclusive of everything under the sun, then giving me the act dumb eating crap attitude.

nowadays, i just learn to live with it. afterall, as long as you do not sell, then they have not succeeded.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

depends on what u mean by lowball i guess. its kinda subjective.

lets take for example.

I buy a GMTIIC from AD at 9.5k (list)
      Preown/grey mkt can sell for 8.4-8.6k

Now assuming I wanna sell. i try to sell at 8.5k which to me is reasonable. However, preowned usually goes for like 7.8k nowadays (taking Z series). now someone offers me 8k which is 500 off my selling price. Is it considered low ball? to me, most prob is as I am already losing 1k!!. However, to the buyer, he is sincere as he gave me 200 more above mkt rates. 2 people with 2 views.

The thing is, with the Internet, people are more well-read. they tend to know what are the prices they can roughly get. Its a matter of patience. Unless of cos they offer you 6k for your GMTIIC, then I would say that is lowball definitely and most will agree (I hope )

Another example is Pam 312. K series used to go for 10k. If people waited, now can get for 9.2k from PamDino. is that lowball if someone offered 9.2k initially for somethign that sells for 10k or is only listed 9.8k? you be the judge.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

$200 is not considered low ball. low ball is when the 'buyer' clearly knows that, the item is worth more than what is being offered.

take your gmt2 example. if you are selling at 8.5k, and i offer you 8k id say that is a fair price.
        on the other hand if i ask for 7k (or under), then that is clearly low balling.

if in doubt; always ask yourself, "will you sell at this price?" if the answer is no, then i suggest you revise your price.
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

my experience-selling n buying

a) there are some genuine buyers who offer within 10% difference of yr asking price,I think this is reasonable.
          b) There are also unrealistic asking prices. One chap bought a new piece and when I offered him, he said it was too low, turns out he only got 20% off when he could have got abt 25 to even 30% for cash.
          c) there are lots of pple trying their luck, one guy offered me $500/= for a 18mth old Tag auto aquaracer!
          d) There are quite a lot of people who are jus checking, not serious abt buying, these give you a headache. after exchange of SMS etc, they say , got another target!
          e) There are some pieces where the resale demand for it is just weak, or the market's 2nd hand price also has a steep depreciation. prices offered tend to be low, dosen't mean lowballing lah! Of course the owner may not realise it until he trys to sell it.
          f) The market is getting saturated with too many watches, so expect resale prices to drift down for most

Comment

a) agree 10% is definitely ok
            b) if the price is too high; i normally send a message/email and say "whats your lowest price?" indicating that im serious if the price is right. if price is not what i want, i walk away, and thank seller for their time. if price is right.... the rest is history
            c) these are what i call "assholes"
            d) cannot be helped. as sellers you must be prepared. can be used as a tool to gauge how flexible you are on price by the "buyer". i have to admit doing that too. if i find you are too rigid on pricing, i will tell you that its out of my league. again, thanks for your time.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Low Baller?

Well to me buyer always wanna buy low and seller wanna sell high.
              Buyer can offer me any price he deems fair. I can either choose to sell or simply ignore him if it's too low in my opinion. No hard feelings.
              You can label someone as lowballer and at the same time he can proclaim you as carrot head chopper. It goes both ways.

Life is too short to bother on this. Move on and you'll be a happy person.

Comment

i always say think this way.

If I want to be a seller on the internet, have to bear with all these. Otherwise, just sell to some shops that will take in for you either on consignment or straight cash.

Want to avoid people 'lowballing' your items, then don't put up a sale.

Everyone bargains... accept it

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post

If I want to be a seller on the internet, have to bear with all these. Otherwise, just sell to some shops that will take in for you either on consignment or straight cash.

Steady bro!
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Well said. Agree.

Comment

Spot on! Willing seller, willing buyer. Totally agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyfisherman View Post
                        Can't understand. Rolex brand has very standardized maket value globally and also in Singapore. Why are there still so many low ballers in this forum ? Just try selling your watch and you will receive a hundred sms with low ball offers.....................why ???

No point selling in Singapore. It is a typical Singaporean behaviour. If those low ballers do that in other countries, they will probably get their ass kick. Singapore is a really small market.
                        Regards
                        sgvintagethingy
                        http://www.sgvintagethingy.blogspot.com

Comment

not really...have to see what kind of seller oso...so far no one kick my ass yet...
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            not really...have to see what kind of seller oso...so far no one kick my ass yet...
                            He he, you sounded like u are one of them ..............

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Flyfisherman View Post
                              Hi

What i think is that (buyer wants to get the best offer and seller always want to get the best deal) so dont be offered. If your buying or selling you also want to get the best out of the deal. Just relax if the price is not right you dont have to sell your watch to them. Likewise if your buying a watch and you offer to someone ur offering price they may also not want to sell to you or may also call you low baller unless you buy all NEW watches.

Reno

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X