Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree to this? pple who buy rolex are normally pple who are financially sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree to this? pple who buy rolex are normally pple who are financially sound

Someone once told me that pple who buy rolex are normally pple who are financially sound... any comments on this one? I know intuitively it sounds ridiculous but if you think about it, there's some sense in it too.

I mean if pple spend all their $ on pubs, drugs, etc all the rest of the vices, where wld they have the extra buck for a rolex?

Any comments on this one?

People who buy Rolex...well..many groups of people I would say,generally are those that have saved enough/tio 4D/got big bonus....and want to get THAT WATCH OF A LIFETIME.

It's very hard to saythough...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I can say that they are at least not poor. Most people can afford a rolex given enough time to save. Even 1k plus pay. Just needed more time.

Seeing so many supposing lower income group queing 4D toto, cigarettes.
      2-3k is within reach. Its just that people spent it on other items.

Those who can afford multiple rolex or swiss watches are better off. Even if they are non haute horology.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

are all merc drivers rich? the questions is open ended. what you see on face value may not always be true. i always say, dont just dwell on the outside, but look within.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Depends what you mean by "financially sound". Various from people to people.

Do you think a person earning $1,500/month cannot afford a Rolex? Sure he can. A preown explorer II cost <$5000; A 6694 < $2000. Anyone who bothered to save $3.50/day can own one rolex within 5 years. What can $3.50 buy you? Ya Kun breakfast set, OR one plate of chicken rice, OR one bowl of ba chor mee OR one rim of A4 paper Or one tall black starbucks coffee.

Comment

Why does it have to sound ridiculous to say these people are financially sound? You need a certain degree of financial ease or comfort to be able to buy ROLEX (or branded) watches, right? So, logically, one has to be financially sound (and not very rich) at least, to buy such luxury item.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

people prioritise their purchases differently; and hence they may/may not have money left for other purchases. one who spends "small" will never be able to reach their aim of a large purchase; vice versa, a relatively large purchase will exhaust funds so that smaller purchases cannot be made, as such, even people on a minimum income, given that they do not have any other expenditure, will be able to save up. fair statement?
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I think the qus is too general..

Having this branding of watch does not mean that particular watch is the most expensive thus hv to be $ to buy.

cos got 2nd/3rd/4th hand market, price also not very exp.

But again, some people might hv to save up..abit LPPL.. its within reach..Unless is those super exp/collector's item..

EDITED: Maybe to some> Waaaa.. rolex lea !!!! but dunno it cost $3+k only..due to the branding..
                Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  people prioritise their purchases differently; and hence they may/may not have money left for other purchases. one who spends "small" will never be able to reach their aim of a large purchase; vice versa, a relatively large purchase will exhaust funds so that smaller purchases cannot be made, as such, even people on a minimum income, given that they do not have any other expenditure, will be able to save up. fair statement?
                  I do agree with you,it took me two years to save a big sum of money to purchase a Rolex Submariner.During that period of time I avoid all small spends unless it is necessary.Now it is the most precious timepiece in my entire Rolex collection.

Comment

If ...

... you feel that taxi drivers, chicken rice hawkers and hotel bus boys are financially sound, then the answer to your simplistic question is "yes".

Comment

Or maybe you should change the title to....

Do you agree to this? pple who buy rolex DAYTONA are normally pple who are financially sound

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft View Post
                        ... you feel that taxi drivers, chicken rice hawkers and hotel bus boys are financially sound, then the answer to your simplistic question is "yes".
                        i agree with you on that . Very subjective.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        Or maybe you should change the title to....

Do you agree to this? pple who buy rolex DAYTONA are normally pple who are financially sound

more so than certain clienteles?
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Yes they are financially sound. The worst anyone can do is leave money in the bank. Must spend, just put your money into any form of asset, and watches like Rolex are a good class of assets to own. (I'm talking about stainless steel professional Rolex only)

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                            Yes they are financially sound. The worst anyone can do is leave money in the bank. Must spend, just put your money into any form of asset, and watches like Rolex are a good class of assets to own. (I'm talking about stainless steel professional Rolex only)
                            not having a liquid position in life is also a bad thing. i guess one needs to define and see what in life goes where. a watch (rolex or not) will never define a man (or woman). therefore your idea of must spend is not always the best idea.

like all things in life, just do in moderation .
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Thank you for all the comments

When I first started this thread, I did not expect so many replies... SO A BIG thank you. interesting to find out all these diverse opinions.

For me, a handsome watch is definitely necessary for an established man or woman... not for snobbish reasons or to flaunt in front of friends....

The ownership of a watch can be used to mark milestones in life... for me, I got a watch to celebrate friendship, fatherhood, promotion, etc... looking at the watches, brings back wonderful memories. That's my take of owning a watch or a Rolex.

Sorry if I'm going...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X