Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you send your watch in for a service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    Usually never inspect so closely. Only this time. On top of it, it was also now i got a loupe that i started to look more closely.

i don't think it is that their servicing standard has dropped. It is just that there is probably a difference between factory installed and technician install. Furthermore, i believe they need a clamping tool to hold the hands before compacting the hands together with the movement.

was @ my AD last night, one of the sales staff could see with naked eyes. but have to place it under certain angle cause new hands, pretty reflective against the lights inside the shop. the scratch marks on the minute hand cannot be seen with naked eye. but with the loupe. can.

initially i thought it was due to the X10 loupe. however, i tried with the AD's X2.5 also can see.

Leave a comment:

• paithorn
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    does anyone check your rolex after it is being serviced?

i will bring my rolex back to them again. there are scratch marks on the second and minute hands.

for the second hand, naked eye can see liao. sian ½. the minute hand not so bad. understand that the hands need to be clamped during assembly.

however, when it is new, it is ok leh. will check and feedback.
    I am surprised you accepted such faults after servicing.. It is not so when I serviced my DJ.
    I am more surprised the damage is so great to the hands that is visible to the naked eyes and they fixed it back.....thot they have a reputation to hold...

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied

i will bring my rolex back to them again. there are scratch marks on the second and minute hands.

for the second hand, naked eye can see liao. sian ½. the minute hand not so bad. understand that the hands need to be clamped during assembly.

Oh... Sorry to hear that bro. You serviced it in RSC? Nowadays their servicing stds drop so much?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nine_eleven
    replied
    anyone send in their rolex recently?
    i did 2 weeks ago...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    anyone send in their rolex recently?

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    just stick to 5-7 years as a guide.......

if never wear for a period of time, every 2-3 weeks shd wind the watch and let it run .........unused for too long is not good at all

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    just a quick question. if you place a watch in a watch winder and it is worn like once every month, is it as good as being worn daily?

if that is the case, wouldn't it mean that the watch would need a service quicker compared to just placing the watch there without be worn?

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    if got frequent use.. then bring for servicing lor... coz sure got dust, oil, etc in the watch 1.. maintainence ma...

Not worth it to keep bringing it to RSC for service as it's ex... unless u ish super rich..

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    think i better bring mine for service soon

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Tink 1 yr if frequent use... 2 if not ?...

Leave a comment:

• DoubleK
    replied
    According to AD. Within the first 3 years, usually no need to service. After that one should consider servicing the watch.

So what is your take on it? Or do you send in your watch when the watch starts to gain too much or lose too much or other problems.
    To me, unless wear that particular one frequently (almost everyday), then need for servicing else...

Just my own tots...

To be frank, do watches really really need servicing? (No faults)
    Maybe, just like cars, need to change engine oil...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    started a topic How often do you send your watch in for a service?

How often do you send your watch in for a service?

According to AD. Within the first 3 years, usually no need to service. After that one should consider servicing the watch.

So what is your take on it? Or do you send in your watch when the watch starts to gain too much or lose too much or other problems.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X