Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you send your watch in for a service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you send your watch in for a service?

According to AD. Within the first 3 years, usually no need to service. After that one should consider servicing the watch.

So what is your take on it? Or do you send in your watch when the watch starts to gain too much or lose too much or other problems.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post
    According to AD. Within the first 3 years, usually no need to service. After that one should consider servicing the watch.

So what is your take on it? Or do you send in your watch when the watch starts to gain too much or lose too much or other problems.
    To me, unless wear that particular one frequently (almost everyday), then need for servicing else...

Just my own tots...

To be frank, do watches really really need servicing? (No faults)
    Maybe, just like cars, need to change engine oil...

Comment

Tink 1 yr if frequent use... 2 if not ?...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

think i better bring mine for service soon
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

if got frequent use.. then bring for servicing lor... coz sure got dust, oil, etc in the watch 1.. maintainence ma...

Not worth it to keep bringing it to RSC for service as it's ex... unless u ish super rich..
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

just a quick question. if you place a watch in a watch winder and it is worn like once every month, is it as good as being worn daily?

if that is the case, wouldn't it mean that the watch would need a service quicker compared to just placing the watch there without be worn?

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

just stick to 5-7 years as a guide.......

if never wear for a period of time, every 2-3 weeks shd wind the watch and let it run .........unused for too long is not good at all
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

anyone send in their rolex recently?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

anyone send in their rolex recently?
                  i did 2 weeks ago...

Comment

does anyone check your rolex after it is being serviced?

i will bring my rolex back to them again. there are scratch marks on the second and minute hands.

for the second hand, naked eye can see liao. sian ½. the minute hand not so bad. understand that the hands need to be clamped during assembly.

however, when it is new, it is ok leh. will check and feedback.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

i will bring my rolex back to them again. there are scratch marks on the second and minute hands.

for the second hand, naked eye can see liao. sian ½. the minute hand not so bad. understand that the hands need to be clamped during assembly.

Oh... Sorry to hear that bro. You serviced it in RSC? Nowadays their servicing stds drop so much?
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I am surprised you accepted such faults after servicing.. It is not so when I serviced my DJ.
                        I am more surprised the damage is so great to the hands that is visible to the naked eyes and they fixed it back.....thot they have a reputation to hold...

Comment

Usually never inspect so closely. Only this time. On top of it, it was also now i got a loupe that i started to look more closely.

i don't think it is that their servicing standard has dropped. It is just that there is probably a difference between factory installed and technician install. Furthermore, i believe they need a clamping tool to hold the hands before compacting the hands together with the movement.

was @ my AD last night, one of the sales staff could see with naked eyes. but have to place it under certain angle cause new hands, pretty reflective against the lights inside the shop. the scratch marks on the minute hand cannot be seen with naked eye. but with the loupe. can.

initially i thought it was due to the X10 loupe. however, i tried with the AD's X2.5 also can see.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X