• Show
Clear All

• The Rolex Books

Some of the rolex books i owned.

More to come...

Some of the rolex books i owned.

More to come...

Comment

Could you share your experiences in reading these 3 books - which book is better for what kind of purposes. For instance, I am interested to get 1 or 2 of these titles to further my knowledge of Rolex watches. However, my limited understanding today is that most of these books tend to cover the vintage models, as opposed to the more contemparary models.

Comment

Originally posted by hst View Post
        Could you share your experiences in reading these 3 books - which book is better for what kind of purposes. For instance, I am interested to get 1 or 2 of these titles to further my knowledge of Rolex watches. However, my limited understanding today is that most of these books tend to cover the vintage models, as opposed to the more contemparary models.
        Hi Hst, the first book on the left (Rolex Wristwatches) talk about the history of Rolex, vintage watches from the past, the automatic, manual and quartz movement, the series of watches like Datejust, Sub, GMT Master, Etc., the fake and info in collecting Rolex. The Second book on the center (Vintage Rolex Sports) talk about the past to the newest sports series like Sub, GMT Master, Explorer, Cosmograph, Etc. and what are the different between the new and the past series. The last book on the right (The Rolex Report) talk about the fake and the authentic Rolex. This book teach you how to spot a fake Rolex. I myself think that the second and the last book are quite useful b'cos it teach me a lot on the sports series and how to spot the fake rolex.

Comment

Btw, you can get all the books at Amazon.com.

Comment

Thanks, Andy. I am aware the books are available from Amazon, and have in fact read the reviews posed by the customers. I wanted to get more local (i.e. S'pore) opinions as it is not clear which of the books are good. I am quite keen to get the one on vintage sport series and the one by James Dowling (one of the moderators on another Rolex forum).

Comment

I only bought the Rolex Report, as my school library has the 1st and 2nd book. Hst, you should buy the Rolex Report.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                I only bought the Rolex Report, as my school library has the 1st and 2nd book. Hst, you should buy the Rolex Report.
                I agreed with bro Zidaneong, should get the Relox Report. Cos, lots of info in that book. Me want to try and buy the new arrival book. The title of the book, Rolex: 3,261 Wristwatches by author Kesaharu Imai. Another book in mind is, 100 Superlative Rolex Watches by John Goldberger. Once i get the books, Will update here.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy jk View Post
                  I agreed with bro Zidaneong, should get the Relox Report. Cos, lots of info in that book. Me want to try and buy the new arrival book. The title of the book, Rolex: 3,261 Wristwatches by author Kesaharu Imai. Another book in mind is, 100 Superlative Rolex Watches by John Goldberger. Once i get the books, Will update here.
                  The 100 superlative rolex watch book is good and it is available in Iphone too.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. How is The Rolex Report better than the other two? I understand that it gives advice on how to tell a genuine Rolex from a fake.

What else does it cover? Will probably go with the advice of you bros.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. How is The Rolex Report better than the other two? I understand that it gives advice on how to tell a genuine Rolex from a fake.

What else does it cover? Will probably go with the advice of you bros.
                      The book contents topics like, Rolex Wristwatch Profiles, Quick Reference for Rolex Model Evolutions, Rolex or Replica, Watch Disassembly, Cursory Inspection, Detailed Examination (Interior, Exterior), Replica Categories, Vintage Counterfeits, Common counterfeit Mistakes, Buyer Beware when buying online, Rolex Parts Identification, From the Factory to your Wrist, Price List from the past, Rolex Case Reference Numbers and many more. Fake and authentic Rolex watch pictures include inside the book for you to compare too.

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                        Your school has it? Wah I must go find in my lib and find!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X