Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi there.

Never knew sg got tis website.Chance upon it when searching a replicA for gf...

Jk..

Erm.. i need some pointers from gurus here.
    I once own explorer 2(black colour) & daytona.Sold off due to stupid reason.

Now i want to buy back explorer 2 black> but after reading, there is diff series?how to tel which is which? Is the diff just by year made?wat i used to have is got dbl clasp lock de.
    *Previous explorer 2 is buy from tai hong.see nice jus buy.so not sure what is what...

1. If now i buy back explorer 2 black, get 2nd-hand or top up abit get 1st hand again wil be a better choice base on price?
    2.I jus came back from china, heard that rolex is controlled price, true?
    3.If i get pre-owned from SG, which shop will be good in price.

Thanks.
    Money Money come to me.

Originally posted by Cop View Post
    Hi there.

Never knew sg got tis website.Chance upon it when searching a replicA for gf...

Jk..

Erm.. i need some pointers from gurus here.
    I once own explorer 2(black colour) & daytona.Sold off due to stupid reason.

Now i want to buy back explorer 2 black> but after reading, there is diff series?how to tel which is which? Is the diff just by year made?wat i used to have is got dbl clasp lock de.
    *Previous explorer 2 is buy from tai hong.see nice jus buy.so not sure what is what...

1. If now i buy back explorer 2 black, get 2nd-hand or top up abit get 1st hand again wil be a better choice base on price?
    2.I jus came back from china, heard that rolex is controlled price, true?
    3.If i get pre-owned from SG, which shop will be good in price.

Thanks.
    Firstly...welcome!

2nd hand prices can be ard 5k...while brand new is now ard 7k. So up to you if the 2k is worth or not.

Yeah rolex prices are controlled...

Prices depends actually...depend on the shop. Just stay far from Peng Kwee and Passions not that recommended

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

welcome buddy.

darkie has answered your questions and a couple more points like to add.

some countries got added tax on rolex (classed under luxury goods). in Oz we used to get slugged with a 22% sales tax... which was scrapped and replaced with a 10% tax. both in my opinion is bullsh*t as it just means that governments are double dipping into everything we buy.

actually my advise is to visit ALL second hand shops and scout around, if you hang around long enough, you can get a good deal, but as we say in latin "caveat emptor" and happy shopping
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Ic, thanks, i walk see all round 5.4k

So if by see got the dbl lock(ps, i really newbie in rolex) is all almost same right? Cos it seems that i hv seen exp 2 black of diff thinkness.
        got wat D series?M series? OMG, got what diff?
        Last edited by Cop; 16-04-08, 07:48 AM.
        Money Money come to me.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Cop.

Depends on the condition of the exp II, prices of preowned pieces generally hover close to 5K (depends on condition of course). Currently, I have a black exp II for sale. Can PM me if you're keen

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Er.. i saw got Z,M,D series for exp II(black)
            What does the series mean?
            THG= the hour glass rite? which thg in sg sell cheapest exp II black?Best got discount or watever.

Thanks.
            Money Money come to me.

Comment

Hi,

I think if you take the trouble to read on in this forum, you'd be able to grasp some basic knowledge in horology. Many here are experts, or at least, very well-informed in watches(unfortunately not me ). I've gained quite a bit here.

In response to your queries, the alphabets are actually part of the serial nos. which indicate the years/period of production of a ROLEX watch. For example "M" means that particular model is manufactured in 2007(Aug), "Z" means it is produced in 2006(May), and et cetera.

And yes, "THG" means The Hour Glass. You should grapple with the terms in due course. Whether which particular THG outlet gives a better price, it depends on the individual contact each consumer has, or is closely acquainted with. Note that it also depends on your luck, ie. which salesperson you deal with on the day of purchase.

I've my fair share of lousy experience even with the salesperson I know well.
              Read on and you'd find out.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Hi,

I think if you take the trouble to read on in this forum, you'd be able to grasp some basic knowledge in horology. Many here are experts, or at least, very well-informed in watches(unfortunately not me ). I've gained quite a bit here.
                Yes, thanks you. Jus now post liao then saw wat's the diff in series,cos got urge to use te $ to play vehicle to buy watch.Jus use the whole nite reading some of the Rolex in General. which a qus struck to me.
                >Some 1 quoted 1 series got card cert while another dun have it?Resale value wil be diff,but might come out soon...

& of cos i saw exp III..lol

Think i jus hv to go back to AD to act pityful liao.
                Last edited by Cop; 16-04-08, 09:34 AM.
                Money Money come to me.

Comment

can read more at the following website:

http://www.oysterworld.de/1/index.htm
                  Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                  Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                  Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                  Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X