Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie: Need help w datejust purchase

Hi all,

Need some advice w a potential men's datejust purchase (see pic). I am looking at both new and preowned. Can someone give me an idea if preown, roughly around how much? Honestly, only seen new ones, have not searched for preowned.

Was quoted new ~ S$10.2 w Gst (after disc)

Don't also looking for a datejust for the wife (see attached) Was quoted 3.4 k for preowned. white gold bezel one. Sorry forgot to ask year

Thanks a lot guys.

p.s Just joined. looking at first rollie. Been working very hard. Owe it to myself i guess
    Attached Files

Originally posted by puppyonfire View Post
    Hi all,

Need some advice w a potential men's datejust purchase (see pic). I am looking at both new and preowned. Can someone give me an idea if preown, roughly around how much? Honestly, only seen new ones, have not searched for preowned.

Was quoted new ~ S$10.2 w Gst (after disc)

Don't also looking for a datejust for the wife (see attached) Was quoted 3.4 k for preowned. white gold bezel one. Sorry forgot to ask year

Thanks a lot guys.

p.s Just joined. looking at first rollie. Been working very hard. Owe it to myself i guess
    Firstly...WELCOME!

For Men's TT(2 tone,aka Half gold) Datejust...I think prices will range from say 4-5k w/o diamonds and up to 7k or so for the latest models with the hidden clasp.

So firstly...1 question to ask. Do you want a the newer hidden clasp model or the old clasp 1?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

keeping in mind that older models are hollow link and the bracelet will become stretched and the later style bracelet is solid link thus minimise stretch.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        keeping in mind that older models are hollow link and the bracelet will become stretched and the later style bracelet is solid link thus minimise stretch.
        Heh? mind me say something.....I would like to clarify this. The pic below....is the solid link you are talking about the one at the lower part of the pic and the hollow links on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Heh? mind me say something.....I would like to clarify this. The pic below....is the solid link you are talking about the one at the lower part of the pic and the hollow links on top?

[IMG]refer to above post for image
          no. the top bracelet is called "folded" and the bottom bracelet is called the "thick style". this is as far as i know, and i could be wrong.

when i mention hollow links, i am referring to the centre links, usually the gold in two tone, and the polished part in SS.

if you take a look at the new bracelet with the hidden clasp, you will notice the centre links are similar to the president bracelet, the centre link is actually solid.
          where as on my link (old clasp style) the link is hollow, and overtime the link will "flatten" out thus causing the bracelet to give that stretch.

i hope i illustrate what i have been trying to say more clear by attaching image borrowed from darkangel.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by seiko.citizen; 21-04-08, 10:39 PM.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

no. the top bracelet is called "folded" and the bottom bracelet is called the "thick style". this is as far as i know, and i could be wrong.

when i mention hollow links, i am referring to the centre links, usually the gold in two tone, and the polished part in SS.

if you take a look at the new bracelet with the hidden clasp, you will notice the centre links are similar to the president bracelet, the centre link is actually solid.
            where as on my link (old clasp style) the link is hollow, and overtime the link will "flatten" out thus causing the bracelet to give that stretch.
            oh oh I see....I think that really enlightened me haha. Maybe u take pics of the hollow links if possible and show him? I think he doesnt really know what we are talking about haha

Comment

oh oh I see....I think that really enlightened me haha. Maybe u take pics of the hollow links if possible and show him? I think he doesnt really know what we are talking about haha
              ok or not... i just steal your image, make smaller, if not good enough, i will go fire up my camera and make photo for you all to see.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

ok or not... i just steal your image, make smaller, if not good enough, i will go fire up my camera and make photo for you all to see.
                No problem...maybe this would help illustrate even more clearly?

Comment

Newbie: Need help w datejust purchase

Hi all,

The one I saw is new from an AD (at PPC) so the links should be the folded ones. Wow .. didn't know that older ones have hollow links. Could have kena carrot-ed .... Will go w about 7k for newer hidden clasp models (if preowned la)

Any advice on the SS datejust w the white face roman letters n white gold bezel? (second pic). At first Wifey actually wanted a new omega constellation

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

No problem...maybe this would help illustrate even more clearly?

[IMG]refer to original post
                    wow... that screw some one slipped eh. damage the head.

next time i fire up camera and see where can find the new bracelet to demo solid link
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Don't have jubilee, only got oyster solid link, hope it helps.

Submariner 14060
                      Breitling Colt Auto II
                      Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                      Bell & Ross BR03-92
                      MM20

Comment

i feel that for ur first rollie, u should go for brand new one...like u say, u earn it for working so hard all these while.

for me, its just feel weird wearing a used watch, even if its a rolex...:B
                        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                        Tag Heuer Formula 1
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                        Rolex GMT II 16710
                        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Actually IMO it is not the age old question of new/old, rather of whether you actually like the watch. If you like it, no matter the age, you will like it regardless.
                          My first rolex was a hand me down 6694, it was and still is my favorite watch, and i will be sad to see it go
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Actually IMO it is not the age old question of new/old, rather of whether you actually like the watch. If you like it, no matter the age, you will like it regardless.
                            My first rolex was a hand me down 6694, it was and still is my favorite watch, and i will be sad to see it go
                            I m gonna agree with you. All my Rollies are preowned actually...have yet to buy a new 1 yet. So yeah..I m ok with it

Comment

I m gonna agree with you. All my Rollies are preowned actually...have yet to buy a new 1 yet. So yeah..I m ok with it
                              also to be honest, who know its pre owned. who can tell. rolex after so many year still maintain the same profile. just some minor changes that only us WIS would know, such as no pin hole, SEL links, etc
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X