New Serials are OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Serials are OUT!

New Rolex serials are out! And the 16610 is staying....at least for now....hehehe

Quoted from DAVIDSW from from another forum,

Just received this information this morning on the new serial numbers. I know of 2- 16610 models and they both have different new serial numbers.

1) J--K----
    2)--R-R---

As the pictures shows it starts with the letter J --then two numbers--The letter K-- then 4 numbers.

I am trying to get a pic sent of the other 16610 that starts with two numbers then the letter R-- one number--the letter R-- then 3 numbers.

Man this may be hard to decode for a while....

[FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

After V is J series ?

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
      After V is J series ?
      I dun think so, from what CADEN found out, the numbers are now RANDOM!

This is not good as U will not know which is NEW OLD STOCK!

Comment

But 'J' could be the starting alphabet with the rest (some random alpha numeric)..
        jai guru deva om .. ..

Comment

Here's another. Apparently the shift started in February 2010..

-Sheldon

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
            New Rolex serials are out! And the 16610 is staying....at least for now....hehehe
            don't think 16610 is staying. should be introduce this year. those could be the last of the 16610...

Comment

cease production of 16610 still a midst?
              Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
              Future - Geneva hallmark
              Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

wow...hard to monitor the series liao lor...random ar...headache....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi

Hi any new updates on the serial No ?
                  I'm getting my BN rolex DD in another few weeks time , just wanna make sure its the lastest serial .
                  Focal JM_Labs .
                  "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                  Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                  Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                  Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                  Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                  Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                  Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                  Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                  Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                  Cartier Santos 100XL
                  Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

the new serial numbers are designed to be undate'able by lay persons.

this will help with inventory control problems on geneva's end... (everybody prefers a V over an R serial!) as old stock usually require permission from switzerland before being officially discounted, and customers can request for a free service/lube+timing from their local RSC.

on the AD's end, the consumer would not be able to recognize (and pick) only the latest models. so we'll just have to accept whichever piece they give us...

also, the serial number has been found on certain models to be no longer between the lugs.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Which what THG wants...

As I am very sure they sold all their Z, M & V series watches pretty fast these last 3 years.

I heard their sports model like DSSD, SD, EX2, Daytona, Sub, Sub-Date & GMT were sold in matter of hours after arrival...

Comment

headache sia...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                          As I am very sure they sold all their Z, M & V series watches pretty fast these last 3 years.

I heard their sports model like DSSD, SD, EX2, Daytona, Sub, Sub-Date & GMT were sold in matter of hours after arrival...
                          most 18k and certain dress models (eg DD/ladies) don't move as fast as sport models.

eg, the buyer of a YG DD would prefer a V over a Z... and would thus only buy from an AD with a V.

BNIB/display old serial pieces are still available in ADs around the world, especially in more ulu places - these are to be internationally guaranteed for 2 years when sold, no different from fresh pieces.

i don't have a favorable opinion on ADs that order minimal stock or hoard pieces for private reasons or to stir interest and decrease discount. certain places might sell out, but there's no lack of BN rolex watches around the world...!
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                            the new serial numbers are designed to be undate'able by lay persons.

this will help with inventory control problems on geneva's end... (everybody prefers a V over an R serial!) as old stock usually require permission from switzerland before being officially discounted, and customers can request for a free service/lube+timing from their local RSC.

on the AD's end, the consumer would not be able to recognize (and pick) only the latest models. so we'll just have to accept whichever piece they give us...

also, the serial number has been found on certain models to be no longer between the lugs.
                            Wa... so many changes... sian liao lor... but come to think of it, all theses changes will make the older models more demandable right... wahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X