Why is everybody's watch "RARE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everybody's watch "RARE"

Havent you noticed that every man and his dog seems to be putting up a "RARE" watch for sale? How do you define it? The same way clinton defined "sex"?

I mean, sh!+. How can, for want of a better example, a rolex GMt(whatever series that was made in the 90s let's say) be "RARE" when they churned out hundreds of thousands of them per year?

I mean, i appreciate the fact that everyone using the word "rare" wants to sell their watches but c'mon! Be a lil more creative! Dont misrepresent!
    There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Base On Formulas

For me, I used a very complex mathematics formula created by john holdsfield. Thou that particular watch may produced hundreds of thousand in that year, over the years some may have been destroyed and some may have been lost in the sea.

Currently I don't have the statistic but believe me, that I'm working on it.. When that model is not rarely seen on sale or command a premium overseas, it is in demand. Therefore, with the formula that I had and applied, it screamed 'RARE'.

Comment

Cmon how many of these "rare" items are being sold here? And there's always more than 1 of the same said rare model listed at any one time

Comment

Originally posted by Watch-connoisseur View Post
        For me, I used a very complex mathematics formula created by john holdsfield. Thou that particular watch may produced hundreds of thousand in that year, over the years some may have been destroyed and some may have been lost in the sea.

Currently I don't have the statistic but believe me, that I'm working on it.. When that model is not rarely seen on sale or command a premium overseas, it is in demand. Therefore, with the formula that I had and applied, it screamed 'RARE'.

We are in Awe...we are in AWE...
        Holding
        Azimuth - Jadgbomber
        Hermes - Clipper
        Orient - Diver 200m
        Perrelet* - Dual Time
        Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
        Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
        Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
        Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
        Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
        Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
        Seiko* - Atlas 200m
        Seiko - Diver 200m
        Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
        Titoni* - Airmaster
        * = Sale
        Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Havent you noticed that every man and his dog seems to be putting up a "RARE" watch for sale? How do you define it?
          i think in this forum, the most popular "rare" rolex are those with tritium dial + handsets. even the modern sapphire glass ones.

i don't know why.

5513s are so common around the world, but they are also "rare" on the forum.

also don't know why.

all acrylic glass watches are similarly described as "rare".

i still don't know why.

i guess a mid to late 80s datejust would be triple rare as it fulfills the above 3 requirements.

better put it on sale at a high price if you have it! don't forget to use "RARE RARE RARE"!!!

(no offense meant to those who really have rare rolex watches, eg milsubs, BC subs, 1655 explorers, etc)

at least we've not seen people using "rare" to describe their damaged "spider" dials on this forum... yet!
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

As long as it is not in the current production line, some will say it is rare. Even SD, some seller also say rare...
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

i have seen rolex submariners with t-25 dial named as super rare pieces...hahaha.....
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah, that's like saying anyone above 50 is rare! No longer in production! Discontinued!

Comment

yeah, that's like saying anyone above 50 is rare! No longer in production! Discontinued!
                  Current:
                  No More Liao...

Comment

Side track a bit...I think it's time the Mods look closely at the 'For Sale' threads, many 'dealers' are posting as private sellers...also noticed same watches keep repeating under different nicks... buyers beware...

JLC / Omega / Sinn / Breitling / Baume & Mercier / Zenith / Rolex / Tag Heuer / Panerai / VC / Longines / Seiko / Citizen / Casio

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Comment

Havent you noticed that every man and his dog seems to be putting up a "RARE" watch for sale? How do you define it? The same way clinton defined "sex"?

I mean, sh!+. How can, for want of a better example, a rolex GMt(whatever series that was made in the 90s let's say) be "RARE" when they churned out hundreds of thousands of them per year?

I mean, i appreciate the fact that everyone using the word "rare" wants to sell their watches but c'mon! Be a lil more creative! Dont misrepresent!
                      +1... This is hilarious...

Well my own parochial take is to look at the quality of English in each sale. If the grammar is bad then maybe the vocab can't be that great either. So, forgive the seller. Now come take a look at the rare watches I have on sale

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

Haven't chimed in for a while. Looks like everybody's got a "RARE" watch to sell again!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Since the series has been recently discontinued, that must automatically make it "RARE"!

Nevermind the fact that Rolex only made thousands and thousands of these watches a year for DECADES!

Anything for a sale eh?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X