Would RSC confiscate a watch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would RSC confiscate a watch...

...during the authentication process? I ask this because I bought mine pre-owned from JW without and papers. I already got the watch authenticated in Novemeber last year and got it back, so I hope its all good. I know JW is a highly recommended place, but I just want to be 100% sure that there won't be any problem once I send it in for servicing in future.
    Buy less, but buy better!

My blog: http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by crazyfingers View Post
    ...during the authentication process? I ask this because I bought mine pre-owned from JW without and papers. I already got the watch authenticated in Novemeber last year and got it back, so I hope its all good. I know JW is a highly recommended place, but I just want to be 100% sure that there won't be any problem once I send it in for servicing in future.
    Hi Pal,

RSC had no rights to confiscate any watch if its found to be fake. However they can note your name and report it to Police and possible legal action can be taken.

JW is indeed reputable place to buy but always keep the receipt for proof etc. Even you purchase the watches from oversea authorised shop or reputable license pre-owned shop.

Greeting from Planet Earth
    ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

I am pretty sure i read from somewhere that they will confiscate the watch if it is fake or reported stolen.

Comment

I only know that AP is one of those companies that will cnfiscate the watch if its fake.

For RSC, i heard they will pass the watch back to you and the lady hadning it over to you with a stern face but will be giggling inside "Stoooooopig man tio cheated"

anyway, getting from jwatch should be fine.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          I only know that AP is one of those companies that will cnfiscate the watch if its fake.

For RSC, i heard they will pass the watch back to you and the lady hadning it over to you with a stern face but will be giggling inside "Stoooooopig man tio cheated"

anyway, getting from jwatch should be fine.
          That's sad case then, so when buying from other sources other than AD, must verify first.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

There are so many parts to a watch and any part of it can be fake or after market. So its best that we get the watch authenticated after purchase since we are putting in so much money...

Comment

no they will not confiscate the watch. I personally had experienced it,i brought a explorer II to rsc with box paper...nvr even pass thru the eyes of the ladies!

They said FAKE after they look and handled it, i was <====exactly this look.

Comment

Wah - bro louie you bought with box and paper but it was still a fake?

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
                  Wah - bro louie you bought with box and paper but it was still a fake?
                  yeah and that was like 7-8 yrs ago...not to mention now. Even Pam they even have fake cocs cert,box,warranty card etc..i remembered i posted before abt fake Pam boxes. Look at the hinges,and the fonts...(gen hinges of the box is in polished steel,fake is bronze or gold color)

Got box and paper doesn't mean the watch is 100% gen....(unless it's purchased from a local AD)

Comment

Hi,
                    RSC will not confiscate ur watch.
                    If the whole piece is a fake, maybe...????anyone Noe???
                    I have sent in my rolex boy for autheticate in 2001 with a charges of $75.
                    Was told that the crown is nt original!... They return me the watch with a reciept and a green paper sleeve... Nt like nw cum with a cloth and leather pouch.
                    And last yr I decided to sell the watch to a preowned shop, so I bring it to RSC again. But I did nt pay $75, just told them I want to svc the watch. And u Noe wat? This time they told me no quote cos the glass is nt original.
                    Just wandering why 8 yrs ago they didn't mention about the glass problems.
                    Sometime really wonder wat does authetification mean to RSC...do they checks the watch thoroughly or just stop checking wen they found a fake part.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                      no they will not confiscate the watch. I personally had experienced it,i brought a explorer II to rsc with box paper...nvr even pass thru the eyes of the ladies!

They said FAKE after they look and handled it, i was <====exactly this look.
                      WAH!! then u got question them anot? i mean, they no open imm know its fake lah?
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies!
                        Buy less, but buy better!

My blog: http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/

Comment

luxury Koncept aka ace-time

Hi! I bought a Sub from them receently. service very good. but worried that its not authneitc. how?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadboy View Post
                            Hi! I bought a Sub from them receently. service very good. but worried that its not authneitc. how?
                            Go check at RSC lor, y save $75 when u hav spend thousand... N i always tot dealer know how to check n got his own technician contacts...
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

I am quite sure when you want to repair it, they will want you to replace those fake parts with real one from the original spec before they start repairing. i.e. if you change the bezel with diamond bezel or change the watch face.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X