New Generation Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Generation Rolex

If Rolex keep changing the design of their sport models every year, will the older design e.g. the GMT II & SD loose their value in comparision with the latest design?

Does it make sense to buy a new model GMT IIC or Deep SD if you already own the older version?

in fact, the older 16710 price increased after the 116710 came out..

but if you wanna to get one, better do it now..

next time you can't get rolex below 10k liao..

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
      If Rolex keep changing the design of their sport models every year, will the older design e.g. the GMT II & SD loose their value in comparision with the latest design?

Does it make sense to buy a new model GMT IIC or Deep SD if you already own the older version?
      its pretty clear that the older version of sports model will discontinue in a few years time. value for these sports model will not decrease will it literally will increase gradually in a few years time. take a look at the 1970s and 80s sub, they are considered vintage and their prices fetch pretty high. i went to THG recently and there is quite a huge demand in SD due to the reason that rolex has confirm that SD will discontinued and the new one will take over. thus its like quite impossible to get discount compared to last time for SD.

it make sense to buy a new model GMT IIC or Deep SD and you already own the older version IF you are a rolex collector and fan.=D

Comment

Honestly, it's all depend on how you look at it and where are you coming from.

If $ is not a problem then why not to own a new & old version.

If you really want me to choose from one of those I probably go for the old version.

I would expect the value should goes UP but it takes time and I do not know when

Whether it will loose it value or not,

perhaps you may want to take some reference on those vintage watches, e.g. 1016, 1680, 5513, 16750, 1655 and etc...

These are the watches that has been discontinued long...long ago but look at their value.

But I can tell you that no one in this world could guarantee you what can be happen in the future.

Cheers,
        Last edited by ^Lee^; 15-05-08, 11:31 AM.

Comment

ya. in near future you can hardly see rolex sports watches retailing less than 10k.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
            in fact, the older 16710 price increased after the 116710 came out..

but if you wanna to get one, better do it now..

next time you can't get rolex below 10k liao..
            Yeah lor...basket...less and lesss affordable

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Yeah lor...basket...less and lesss affordable
              wanna buy better buy now..if not no chance liao as prices will hit above 10k..LOL

Comment

Duno abt how it will be later but for now, I am still in love with the current sport watch designs... Hopefully new generation of Sub Date will not take an ugly turn... But hard to say.. what appeals to me may not appeal to others..
                So I guess in the end, its the market that will drive the sale prices eventually..
                Sport watch >10k will probably be a reality.. look at the inflation of RICE and daily necessities for us here in Singapore... I won't be surprise.. With the bearish economy and depression knocking on the world's biggest economy, anything is possible.
                I was adviced also to keep what I have now.. dun sell as in a short period of time (abt 1yr), it may fetch an even more handsome amount.. see how loh...

I love the current ROLEX design of the GMT cII and Sub Date. But the end of the day, for me, it may come down to "been there, done that" (or owned it in this context) and may just move on to other watch brands that I look to acquire for keeps....

Will I desire to own a RM on a Lange.. (will gladly flip an Rolex i have in my collect if it means I can own it)
                Its always good to have dreams and goals in life..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                  wanna buy better buy now..if not no chance liao as prices will hit above 10k..LOL
                  prices already very close up there........looks like i may be priced out again .... either that, or i look at estate auctions, and see if any bargains can be had there
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

everyone of us here in this forum has been poisoned in one way or another, the main thing here is how to resist temptation, we have been told many times before & we even know it without other ppl telling us, yet......
                    there is simply no end to this buying frenzy, looks who talking

Comment

How true....

Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                      everyone of us here in this forum has been poisoned in one way or another, the main thing here is how to resist temptation, we have been told many times before & we even know it without other ppl telling us, yet......
                      there is simply no end to this buying frenzy, looks who talking

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X