Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stronger SG$ not always = better overseas deal..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stronger SG$ not always = better overseas deal..

bought a coupla watches while i was overseas recently, and the stronger singapore dollar helped make the purchase easier. (eg, 2 tudor subs... and a BNIB rolex LV that i bought for US$4,900!)

going online, i'm beginning to see watches on foreign forums becoming cheaper too... (eg, 16570 head only for SG$2,950)

before any sg-roc brothers buy from a foreign seller, here are some things to do/note...

always always ask for references. go through them meticulously, and go through their profiles on the forums too. if they are not regular posters/members of any forum, please be careful.

(also be prepared to offer references for yourself too)

if they offer you an ebay account with plenty of positive seller's feedback, contact them through ebay just to be sure. or even better, get them to start a BUY NOW item on ebay for you.

ask for additional pictures. get them to set the watch to a particular time AND a particular date (where applicable). ask them to put a piece of paper with their name/nick by the watch.

go through watchnet's good guys forum.

make sure you ask:

insurance - avail? if so, who pays if it's not included?

tracking - avail?

what are the seller's return policies?

who covers the bank/paypal fees? (split/all on one party?)

how soon after the money sits in the seller's account will he/she ship?

and... how low is the seller willing to go?

remember - as long as you buy the seller, cover your ass in case of any unexpected events (theft, cargo plane crash, etc), get GOOD HIGH RESOLUTION PICTURES of the item, you should be quite safe.

at any point before you step into the bank to make a wire/log into paypal, you can always pull out.

at the end of the day, even if you get scammed, just be thankful you are safe, not more money was lost, and that karma's a b!tch...

so good luck and have fun! there are some good buys out there!

(complete 3135 movement inside a 15000 case + rolex strap and rolex buckle for US$1,500! vintage airking + bracelet for US$1,100)
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

ooops, i forgot to mention...

always make sure you do your sums (not just your "homework"!)

ie, factor in the cost of a full service, and the cost of other parts required to make the watch "whole" again.

if the price is comparable/close to what you can buy locally, why take the risk?
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Agreed totally, i have also ordered some watches lately due to the stronger US$... But do be very careful dealing with overseas AD. The best is to have someone there to do the deal for you...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X