got a new half-gold sub, got cling-cling noise :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there

it could be the gold piece came loose which is very common.

Comment

Originally posted by harlot View Post
      Hey guys,

I've been wanting a rolex forever, and browsing this forum from time to time, and now, finally I've taken the step to owning one, and then felt that it's time to sign up for this forum too

Got myself a half-gold submariner for an ORD present. haha.

Wore it ytd and it's real good, but this morning when I put it on, realise that whenever I flick my wrist, there's a moderately audible "clink" sound, when I flick my wrist up, or to the left and right motion.

is this normal?

Also, i bought from a preown shop, Koh Watches, they are amazing people that helped me pick out this lovely timepiece, but since the watch had no papers and box, shld I take it for verification?

Also, the owner (Darren) was nice enough to change the glass to a new one for me, but I'm jst curious, how to find out if it's really sapphire without trying to slice the glass with a blade?

thanks to all!
      I've got lots to learn about rolex from you guys
      Maybe it's just the sound produced by the bracelet...well u know your bracelet is not 100% tight...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by harlot View Post
        ya lor, i got so upset when i heard the clink sounds. thought maybe the ruby drop out or what. LOL.

hmm ok, i dont need the cloth and pouch, will try to jst get them to do a service qoute, and at the same time do verification check for free.

bo lui liao, need to wait for next mth 10th, then got my $490 from SAF!
        Dun save the $75, they will do a more thorough check on the watch if u do authentication. For service qoute, they just browse through the watch n gave a an estimated quote, so not so accurate... Y save $75 when u pay 6K+??
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

We thought the BNIB that we just bought had sound. It was yes those clink sound when you shake the watch. Then we hold the bracelet tight, the sound is significantly reduced. We read on the posting on how to authenticate the real rollie for submariner and it indicated that there should be no sound.... as in silent????

It appeared that our submariner still had that clink sound when shaken. Hubby took fil's 20 years rollie that he bought from AD to shake and yes the clink sounds similar. Anyway, we brought to RSC to authenticate and yes! Peace of mind that everything is original and it's very new

So it's due to the bracelet and probably some sound are common???? It's not totally silent.

Comment

huh...my lao ko ko 16014 have no sound at all leh...hmmm....must be the constant servicing every 3 years helping hor...hahahaha
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

seperate the watch head from the bracelet using a pin or fine screwdriver. be careful of the spring bar that can fly off.

with the bracelet off, shake the head vigorously and if there is sound, have it checked immediately. a worn rotor axle means parting with some money and usually also means the watch is worn and will require a complete service.

otherwise, the watch should not produce any clicking sound as most of the sound will come from the bracelet.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X