Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wildo watches that comes with unpunched cert be more valuable than those who comes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wildo watches that comes with unpunched cert be more valuable than those who comes...

with punched cert?

i was told by a second hand shop that watches with punched cert are less valuable that those with unpunched cert.
    initially, i thought that punched cert increases the value of the watch more than watches with blank cert.

now i am so confused??

can you guys here provide some opinion? i still do now trust what the shop says.

Originally posted by kany View Post
    with punched cert?

i was told by a second hand shop that watches with punched cert are less valuable that those with unpunched cert.
    initially, i thought that punched cert increases the value of the watch more than watches with blank cert.

now i am so confused??

can you guys here provide some opinion? i still do now trust what the shop says.
    Wow this is an old unanswered thread....

Anyway to answer your question.

I think there should be some misunderstanding somewhere. When he talks about unpunched cert maybe he meant the credit card style certs. Cos those are the newer series, naturally the newer series would be more "valuable than the punched type"

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

sounds like named and dated warranty vs un-named un-dated warranty to me.

Comment

Aiyoh...looks like misunderstanding on my side.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by kany View Post

this is an old post indeed! i think it is easy for anyone to fill in a blank/open cert. i made a few extra self-inking "chops" during NS time for my men to stamp documents easily and it was cheap... a normal non-self-inking stamp might be even cheaper!

if making a stamp with a watch shop's name and address on it, and filling out the other details increases the price of someone's watch, i think people WILL do it.

however if the cert was UNPUNCHED... this can mean two things... either the watch was sold with normal paper that was unpunched (literally no serial number) or it did not come with the normal punched papers (eg, a warranty certificate instead) which is common under certain situations.

i would be more careful about papers that are unpunched... there are some fake ones out there. here's one - real or fake, i'll let you decide...!

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X