No announcement yet.

Pre-own ROLEX Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we shld nt play 'armchair critics' here la. Go down to those shops and make enquiries. U will feel diff aftr tat n it's only fair then, tat u start to perceive. IMHO, most of these pre-own shops shld b genuine. And dun forget, tis is SINGAPORE!!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just to share, even pawn shop are receiving fake watches...

Series nos on case is no big deal, I have seen an 'A' grade fake with case and links engraved and everything look original... forgot to add that it is from Japan with swiss movt and it cost S$250...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
        Just to share, even pawn shop are receiving fake watches...

Series nos on case is no big deal, I have seen an 'A' grade fake with case and links engraved and everything look original... forgot to add that it is from Japan with swiss movt and it cost S$250...
        Yes I heard of it. But PROBABLY,the method that pawn shops use to check Rolex watches should change already. I mean I have no right to say this of course,because I don't know how it works. So that's what I think la. Yes these days the fakes are getting better,it can fool the normal guy but no it cannot fool an expert.

IF i am not wrong, pawn shops do not open up the caseback movements,AND SOME are probably not that up to date with the latest fakes and stuff. Simple checks are usually what they do and this simple checks are not really enough to differentiate a high end fake.NOTE,this kind of problems would usually happen to pawn shops only,because they have to store the watch for until it has expired,only then they will realise it's fake and it's too late.

Originally posted by communicam View Post
        Normally shops will indicate serial number on the receipt together with other necessary infos. So, there won't be any hanky panky lor. But buyers have to be extra careful when they explaining this things, must pay extra attention to the numbers and markings!
        Yeah....preowned shops are not stupid....they know their stuff.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I agreed with Darkangel.

If I purchase watches from 'trusted' preowned shop, I don't bother to verify it at SRC, as said, they know their stuff.

Pawnshops have to auction those rolexes after its contract expired if owner did not redeem at public acution. Such Public Auction is schedule bi-monthly or quarterly by the association. You can see some familar faces there for stock replenishment...

There were reports on fake watches discovered during such activity too, of course such items will be withdrawn from the auction immediately if spotted, and the respective pawnshop got to suck thumb loh.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I agreed with Darkangel.

If I purchase watches from 'trusted' preowned shop, I don't bother to verify it at SRC, as said, they know their stuff.
            Pawnshops have to auction those rolexes after its contract expired if owner did not redeem at public acution. Such Public Auction is schedule bi-monthly or quarterly by the association. You can see some familar faces there for stock replenishment...

There were reports on fake watches discovered during such activity too, of course such items will be withdrawn from the auction immediately if spotted, and the respective pawnshop got to suck thumb loh.
            I want to go this kind of auction lehs...that time I saw on the papers got this LTA auction all those lost stuff..got phones and everything. Wanted to go..but no idea also. When I asked LTA..they tell me OH NO MORE UNTIL 6 months later

Any idea on where and when the auctions are? coz it's like quite worth it actually the watches. Or even buying pawn tickets are quite worth though...that time missed a chance on getting a TT DJ for 2k

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              I want to go this kind of auction lehs...that time I saw on the papers got this LTA auction all those lost stuff..got phones and everything. Wanted to go..but no idea also. When I asked LTA..they tell me OH NO MORE UNTIL 6 months later

Any idea on where and when the auctions are? coz it's like quite worth it actually the watches. Or even buying pawn tickets are quite worth though...that time missed a chance on getting a TT DJ for 2k
              I'm not sure about the LTA ones but there are advertisements put up on papers regularly for liquidation auctions. Checkout Dovebid. They advertise quite regularly especially when there is estate auctions. But good luck... It is quite easy to get caught up in the bidding frenzy and you may not end up with a good buy after all! I would suggest attending a few to get a feel for it before you start raising your hand!
              Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                I'm not sure about the LTA ones but there are advertisements put up on papers regularly for liquidation auctions. Checkout Dovebid. They advertise quite regularly especially when there is estate auctions. But good luck... It is quite easy to get caught up in the bidding frenzy and you may not end up with a good buy after all! I would suggest attending a few to get a feel for it before you start raising your hand!
                Thanks for the info...actually...recently there's been a very very big hype about fake rolexes and swiss grade rolex watches. I m thinking of doing more explainations with picture illustrations on fakes....but that takes lots of time...so do stay tuned for a special thread on fakes. I realised the current 1s are not really informative...so i m trying to compile them together and make out something nice. Give me some time and stay tuned people!

Comment

Hi Darkangel, that will be good for you to share knowledge on fake rolex... I want to learnt more, hope you can help shorten my learning curve...

Thank you in advance...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hi Darkangel, that will be good for you to share knowledge on fake rolex... I want to learnt more, hope you can help shorten my learning curve...

Thank you in advance...
                    Hehhee...actually wanted to keep it to myself for a long time...but since u guys asked this question again and again..i hope to give u guys an answer instead of repeating the same thing again and again.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X