Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you wear rolex for your travel trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you wear rolex for your travel trip?

I do a fair bit of travelling, exploring new potential ground and for this reason I do travel to poor world countries such as Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Hanoi etc. Of course I won't take such risk to wear expensive watch there, not mentioning I almost lost my life when a protest got out of hand in Uganda, nearly got pull out of a taxi by a group of angry protestor venting their anger on tourist, if not for my driver who step on the gas and speed off, I would've been the 5th victim that was reported in the news next day.

For you guys, which country will you avoid putting on your precious rolex? Any unpleasant incident? Hope this will be helpful to our fella brothers who travel often.

Rolex or not, I avoid wearing too expensive watch (>$3k in my definition) when I travel regardless of the destination. Apart from security, I also very blurr one so there is also a chance that I misplace the watch in the hotel

And dun think ang mo countries very safe hor, you just need to be at the wrong place the wrong time if you are not careful...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Rolex or not, I avoid wearing too expensive watch (>$3k in my definition) when I travel regardless of the destination. Apart from security, I also very blurr one so there is also a chance that I misplace the watch in the hotel

And dun think ang mo countries very safe hor, you just need to be at the wrong place the wrong time if you are not careful...

Don't tell me you ever misplace your watch before? This morning while on my way to work, I was thinking if I should get a cheap preowned watch purely for travelling but of course not third world countries. I actually had a friend who drop his rolex while fishing overseas. lolx, bang balls.

Comment

depends on the place im travelling to. my last trip to indonesia; i left my watch behind; and used my cheap phone as a watch. in malaysia, i tend to have a habit of removing my watch. in oz, no issues for me, be it in perth or other states. europe also no worries.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          depends on the place im travelling to. my last trip to indonesia; i left my watch behind; and used my cheap phone as a watch. in malaysia, i tend to have a habit of removing my watch. in oz, no issues for me, be it in perth or other states. europe also no worries.
          When you talk about removing your watch, do you leave it in the hotel safe or place it inside your pocket?

Comment

i wear my trusty casio when travelling...hehehehe..
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              i wear my trusty casio when travelling...hehehehe..

I don't mind getting a casio for travelling which means I'll have to leave my precious watch behind at home, right now I'm residing in KL due to my work and sadly it's also not safe leaving precious belonging behind. Plenty of break-in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Xccess View Post
                When you talk about removing your watch, do you leave it in the hotel safe or place it inside your pocket?
                put in a pouch, and put in pocket.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Xccess View Post
                  I don't mind getting a casio for travelling which means I'll have to leave my precious watch behind at home, right now I'm residing in KL due to my work and sadly it's also not safe leaving precious belonging behind. Plenty of break-in here.

I wear my rolllie when I travel and bring along my Polar HRM for gym, etc.

If you can trust your passport with the room deposit box, then you shouldnt worry about keeping your rolex in it either.

Places I travel to are usually metropolitan states (the least safe would be KL and BKK) and I stay in good reputable hotels so never had any problems.

I travel alone most of the time so the usual applies, dun stay out late alone, dun walk along dark streets/corners, be careful who you bring back, etc.

But if I were to reside in KL for work, I will wear just one rollie day in and day out. The rest of my collection will reside in Singapore for sure

Having said that, travel insurance just came to mind. Has anyone claim for your rollies before?

Comment

A friend of mine had his whole safe stolen when he and his family went to Malaysia for a short holiday. A police report was made, but until now, still no sign of the safe and its contents. So even Singapore is not that safe!

Sometimes I worry about my maid stealing or 'misplacing' one of my watches. I've had some nightmares about it, even though I don't really think it will happen.

I have a locked watch winder holding 9 watches and another 20 watches hiding away in a place that needs a lot of strength to get to it!

Comment

erm....i survived wearing my rolex seadweller both in bbk and kl with no issues...there are so many fakes out there...so ppl will not really notice wad is on the wrist...unless gold or diamond studded watches...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        erm....i survived wearing my rolex seadweller both in bbk and kl with no issues...there are so many fakes out there...so ppl will not really notice wad is on the wrist...unless gold or diamond studded watches...
                        Hmm...depending on fate la, always good to be cautious. Drugs is easily available off the streets in KL, when people are desperate for their daily dosage, they will do anything. Seen too many cases here for the past 3 years, if not for the money I would have stay in Singapore for good. I missed Singapore....so desperate to come home

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                          I have a locked watch winder holding 9 watches and another 20 watches hiding away in a place that needs a lot of strength to get to it!
                          Having too much expensive watches and jewellery can be a headache...hahahahaha

Comment

Definitely not! Be safe than sorry.

Comment

i do wear it on my biz trip but have to think twice after reading this.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X