Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky SEL Oyster bracelet

Hi all,

Was encountering a problem with my Oyster bracelet of Gmt2c... it Squeaks whenever i wear the watch loose and any sudden movement will result in a squeak... Dunno if anyone here has the same squeaky bracelet.

Did a search on the net and found that its actually quite common to have bracelets squeak and just want to share that the easy solution that i found, tested and solved my Squeaky problem..

Solution is just to give your bracelet a good wash with warm water and soap, making sure that the crown is locked tight. It worked for me.. Now I'm enjoying my watch without the squeaky squeak

Hope this helps.
    Ray
    相信我,这是最后一只了

WD40 ok?
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      WD40 ok?
      Bro, after the search i found out that wd40 not really recommended as might damage links in the long run.
      But since water and soap is good enuff, i think no need to use wd40. Can use the chance to give our baby a bath also.
      相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Just make a visit to rolex center, if you got any problem if your watch still under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
          Bro, after the search i found out that wd40 not really recommended as might damage links in the long run.
          But since water and soap is good enuff, i think no need to use wd40. Can use the chance to give our baby a bath also.
          Cheers for that! At least I know not to get my watch + WD40 together
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
            Just make a visit to rolex center, if you got any problem if your watch still under warranty.
            You might wanna reconsider that

The last time I went there got a few scratches and a piece of 25 cents face

Thank you TS for sharing this info
            6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

mine also have a slight squeak. but doesnt occur when worn.

phew....

if this keeps up with the new bracelets, very soon Rolex will be famous for its squeaky bracelets.

Imagine without looking at the watch u imm know if its a rolex on oyster bracelet

Rolex has conquered the sense of sight such that most people can recognise a rollie. Now they wanna conquer the sense of hearing
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

not just rolex bracelets squeak....iwc oso...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Well I think the last thing to have after paying a small fortune for a Rolex is to have it squeaking like a Old door hinge......but I guess since it can be rectified by simple cleaning, it only means that a rolex requires alot more care and attention..... Just like a baby.
                  相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                    Why would anyone want to go to the RSC for such a simple problem like a bracelet squeak.It you wash and keep clean any Rolex oyster watch at least once a week you will not have any problems.The squeak is mainly when watches are new simple fix just give it a wash its not rocket science.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X