Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrist time for every Rolex you have? >5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist time for every Rolex you have? >5?

Dear rolex fans,

I just want to share this topic here. IMO, when you buy your first rolex, you are super excited and you have the 100% wrist time with it all the time. When you buy your 2nd and so on....you may neglect the rest of your rolex.

You will soon find a favourite rolex or daily beater that you will just put on without 2nd thought. You will keep your precious deepsea or daytona in the box all the time....only wear for special occasion.

Then you start to crave to own every model from Rolex. In the end, you might end up with too many in the box...If you sell, its like cutting a piece of meat of you. If you keep....Not sure you have time for everyone of them.

It is just a fanatic hobby and i am obsessed with it too....too deeply poison....Last of all, enjoy your rolexes....
    My Rolexes and Tudor...

100% agrees !! Its a poisionous hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by subgmt View Post
      Dear rolex fans,

I just want to share this topic here. IMO, when you buy your first rolex, you are super excited and you have the 100% wrist time with it all the time. When you buy your 2nd and so on....you may neglect the rest of your rolex.

You will soon find a favourite rolex or daily beater that you will just put on without 2nd thought. You will keep your precious deepsea or daytona in the box all the time....only wear for special occasion.

Then you start to crave to own every model from Rolex. In the end, you might end up with too many in the box...If you sell, its like cutting a piece of meat of you. If you keep....Not sure you have time for everyone of them.

It is just a fanatic hobby and i am obsessed with it too....too deeply poison....Last of all, enjoy your rolexes....
      1 million percent agree!

Comment

Wondering why Rolex doesn't use anti-reflective coating? Wish my IIc is more "clearer".

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
          Wondering why Rolex doesn't use anti-reflective coating? Wish my IIc is more "clearer".
          AR is applied to the underside. AR on the exposed surface is proned to scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by catpuke View Post
            AR is applied to the underside. AR on the exposed surface is proned to scratches.
            Was actually asking the question that it seems that Rolex applies AR coating only in cyclops lense area.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
              rolex likes to be blink blink
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

After reading this read, I hope it sinks into my head that I should be happy with what I already have, wear what I already have, and not think of what I ought to have; that I should enjoy the Gallery rather than the Garage.

Comment

I can understand the feeling of "never too many" syndrome.

When I got my 1st Rolex Sub, I told myself this is it! Just enjoy the watch with 100% wrist time! Then less than a yr, I was already eyeing on the SS Dayona black dial, which I got about a month ago. Then I told myself that's it! No more watches, just be satisfied with these two "darlings". Unfortunately, I'm already half thinking of a AP ROO!!!

Poisonous....
                  Current
                  ------------
                  SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                  SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                  SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Oooh...couldn't agree more.....I even entertained the thought of not buying any watch for a year or two and just splurge on a Patek Phillipe Nautilus......& I know it won't be enough even if I get it...I've even thought of selling my kidney to get a top notch watch winder and a few more timepieces...ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolax View Post
                      I've even thought of selling my kidney to get a top notch watch winder and a few more timepieces..
                      That is abit over the line....
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by Rolax View Post
                        Oooh...couldn't agree more.....I even entertained the thought of not buying any watch for a year or two and just splurge on a Patek Phillipe Nautilus......& I know it won't be enough even if I get it...I've even thought of selling my kidney to get a top notch watch winder and a few more timepieces...ha!
                        Lolz. I hope you are only joking about the kidney!

But the bright side of things is at least we don't splurge on night clubs!
                        Current
                        ------------
                        SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
                          Lolz. I hope you are only joking about the kidney!

But the bright side of things is at least we don't splurge on night clubs!
                          For night club, it is only a moment or a night of happiness but rolex is forever provided you dont sell them....for a night of happiness......

Buy more rolex and keep in your boxes as we are not octopus and people will think we are from asylum if we wear 1 on each arm and leg....but if you have 14 piece then 1 per day for 2 weeks.. sorry for poisoning....Buy to boost economy...
                          My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

Originally posted by subgmt View Post
                            For night club, it is only a moment or a night of happiness but rolex is forever provided you dont sell them....for a night of happiness......

Buy more rolex and keep in your boxes as we are not octopus and people will think we are from asylum if we wear 1 on each arm and leg....but if you have 14 piece then 1 per day for 2 weeks.. sorry for poisoning....Buy to boost economy...
                            I was just about to think we might as well be octupus as certain days you just feel like wearing all the watches! Lolz.

But I don't know if it's just me, sometimes when I take the MRT to go drinking, I keep looking at my watch that the passengers around think I must be a looney!!!
                            Current
                            ------------
                            SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
                              I was just about to think we might as well be octupus as certain days you just feel like wearing all the watches! Lolz.

But I don't know if it's just me, sometimes when I take the MRT to go drinking, I keep looking at my watch that the passengers around think I must be a looney!!!
                              Taking u as a looney is better instead of suspecting u of waiting for something to blow up.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X