Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My rolex is not original.How can this happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the problem is that no one knows if the AD is really selling after-market dials in their rolexs, unless you can prove that there are other rolex in their showcases with after-market dials, you have the case. I believed that no ADs will do such a silly thing.

Why don't you guys look at the case in another way? What if the buyer has changed the dial himself and got refused service at RSC and now he push all the blames to the AD....

????????.... no one knows, only GOD knows....

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Well true to a certain extent. Like I mentioned earlier, "hearsay" only. But if this case is blown up, when the victim take it up officially, do you still think people will not draw conclusion? It's a very humanistic response. Eg. you read in the papers that a particular food chain has sold contaminated food and consumers were poisoned. Do you think for the next few days/weeks, even months, you'd ever dare to patronise the food company?? I'm not saying that the complaint here is real/bluff but let's see how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      If it can happen in D****, it can also happen in other ADs...
      sure of cos it MIGHT happen.. but has it? maybe? no one knows for sure.....

meanwhile it has already happened at THIS retailer. period.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      But the problem is that no one knows if the AD is really selling after-market dials in their rolexs, unless you can prove that there are other rolex in their showcases with after-market dials, you have the case. I believed that no ADs will do such a silly thing.
      the issue in this thread is not about "after-market dials"......
      Last edited by ohlins; 25-06-08, 02:10 PM.
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

You all have been talking about "D****". So is it Dickson @suntec??
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ohlins, pls read the incident written by rlx;58305 again. The thread is indeed about RSC would not service his/her watch due to the MOP dial.

Oceanklassik, the thread starter mentioned D****, you have ask him/her whether it is Dickson or not....

Originally posted by rlx View Post
          This incident recently happened to me. Although it has been resolve, I feel obliged to disclose the case to fellow forumors.
          I had a Rolex SS Datejust-lady watch with mother-of-pearl dial, which was purchased in 2006 (see the attached picture) in an up market watch & jewelry store D**** in Singapore. We remembered clearly this style was on display. When we queried the staff whether they have another one with different color of the dial, we were asked to wait for 30mins to get another watch transferred from another branch. Oh, the watch was beautiful when she arrived. Her white mother-of-pearl dial was rather pink, and reflected pink/green/white colors from different angles. Since we entrusted the retailer and were given a handsome discount, we didn't hesitate to take her home.
          Everything was perfect until I sent the watch to RSC for servicing. Almost within 24 hours, I was notified the watch was not the original model. The dial has been changed from metal one to MOP. As such, RSC would not service my watch or returned it unless the dial is changed back to metal.
          It was devastating to hear this, and I could not figure out how this happened in Singapore, on a 'reputable' retailer. To get this resolved was exhausting. In the end, I have settled with a brand-new replacement watch (the right model with MOP dial), and topped-up the difference. Well, I don't think this is the best solution but we finally reached the agreement.
          According to RSC, there is a master catalog containing all models. The consumer is advised to request a reference from the master catalog when making the purchase. However, how many first-time buyers are as savvy as this?
          Some of you may think I should resort to legal channel for a resolution. Rightfully I should. But it will be a time consuming and painful process. Hopefully by disclosing my story, forumor can be alert as possible in the future.

Comment

i think u shd read again......mop is mother of pearl........... where did the word "after-market" appear..??
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Peace ladies... Peace
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

dun argue liao...case closed...thread locked

and note again readers...ADs do not sell fakes.
                Last edited by Darkangel; 25-06-08, 05:50 PM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X