Pawn Shop Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Queries

My friend had just pawn his rolex Submariner, ok they took it in and he took a cash loan of a few thousand afterwhich he will redeem it back after solving his short term cash flow problem. But his concern is, will the pawnshop (ValueMax a rather popular one) open up the watch and replace it with a fake movement?
    What are the chances of them doing that?

Qns 2. Is it possible to to determine the movement 3135 is a real one by winding up the watch, and listening to the ticking sound?

Qns 3. The pawnshop did weigh the watch and if they change the movement of the watch , can the weight still maintain the same?

thanks in advance for replying, maybe my friend think too much already.
    Rolex Submariner Z series

Yes...your friend think too much already.

Replacing it with a fake movement is way way off normal. I would say chances of doing that is close to zero.

If you want to know,yes you can determine if the movement is real by opening the caseback up. But usually,pawnshops do not have the equipment to do so. Thats why they can dumb dumb take in fake watch also dunno.

If you want to know again,NO the weight would not be the same.

lastly...your friend is worrying too much....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by charle View Post
      My friend had just pawn his rolex Submariner, ok they took it in and he took a cash loan of a few thousand afterwhich he will redeem it back after solving his short term cash flow problem. But his concern is, will the pawnshop (ValueMax a rather popular one) open up the watch and replace it with a fake movement?
      What are the chances of them doing that?

Qns 2. Is it possible to to determine the movement 3135 is a real one by winding up the watch, and listening to the ticking sound?

Qns 3. The pawnshop did weigh the watch and if they change the movement of the watch , can the weight still maintain the same?

thanks in advance for replying, maybe my friend think too much already.
      I'm a novice & these are my personal observation on Rolex without opening caseback.
      Rolex has a distinctive ticking tone, hardly rotor movement can be felt, hi beat 28 8oo & crisp date change at 12 midnite.

The distinctive Rolex ticking tone & almost zero rotor movement is non existence on eta movement.

Gd Luck ;-)
      R
      Last edited by terenceY�; 24-06-08, 08:42 PM.
      I ain't a watch collector.
      To me, collector is profound, he/she has to have repeater, tourbillon, perpertual calender etc...
      I'm just a junk watch accumulator ;-)

Comment

thanks for replies darkie and terence, i should inform my friend. hehe
        Rolex Submariner Z series

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X