Noob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question

Always wanted to ask this question but keep forgetting.... so better ask first before i forget again:

if u send your SD to authen in RSC...do they ensure the case when install back to the SD, how can u be sure that the watch can withstand the pressure stated on the dial 4000Ft??? well i know i won't go this deep.. unless i throw this watch into Atlanic Ocean one day!
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

i believe a pressure test is conducted to the force stated + abit more.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

ok.. but anyone can anyone verify this esp those who has sent their SD for verification /authen test?? does the technicians actually carry out this test after an authen process??? not repair or service...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
        Always wanted to ask this question but keep forgetting.... so better ask first before i forget again:

if u send your SD to authen in RSC...do they ensure the case when install back to the SD, how can u be sure that the watch can withstand the pressure stated on the dial 4000Ft??? well i know i won't go this deep.. unless i throw this watch into Atlanic Ocean one day!
        This particular question had been posted some time ago (it was regarding water resistance worthiness after a watch is authenticated at RSC) and it was somewhat answered in part but there was no unanimous consensus amongst those who replied. So perhaps only the RSC people can give an absolute answer to the question. anyway the following is the past thread on this that u may be interested .

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=1049
        HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
        REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

ok.. but anyone can anyone verify this esp those who has sent their SD for verification /authen test?? does the technicians actually carry out this test after an authen process??? not repair or service...
          When you send in for authentication...no they won't check pressure for you. Not part of their procedure I feel. They know how much pressure to apply and make sure the caseback is sealed up to standard...SUPPOSING they open up the caseback. Accurate or not up to 4000ft...that they cannot assure unless they test.

That is what I feel.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            When you send in for authentication...no they won't check pressure for you. Not part of their procedure I feel. They know how much pressure to apply and make sure the caseback is sealed up to standard...SUPPOSING they open up the caseback. Accurate or not up to 4000ft...that they cannot assure unless they test.

That is what I feel.
            huh.. then sianz liow... imagine if one bought a SD brandnew in one forum then go RSC to check for authen, not sure if the pressure is up to standard.. u may be thinking ..it may be now 40ft instead of 4000ft....

Comment

you can always request to seal up. At the end of the day, they may charge you to pressure test to 4000ft
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

huh.. then sianz liow... imagine if one bought a SD brandnew in one forum then go RSC to check for authen, not sure if the pressure is up to standard.. u may be thinking ..it may be now 40ft instead of 4000ft....
                Aiyoh...dun worry so much...enjoy watch more impt!

Comment

true... haven't buy yet.. btw new sea-dweller in AD cost how much?

Comment

true... haven't buy yet.. btw new sea-dweller in AD cost how much?
                    8k plus u gotta go check....coz i not really sure

But I rather u buy preowned though..save some money...but well that's just me!

Comment

Go to Sales Thread

I think SingaporeRolexCentre is selling one new pc. Gd luck !
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Very interesting subject indeed, I am wondering, when will be the day that I will ever dive 4000ft deep into the ocean? SD is mand for professional diver that challange the depth of ocean, preharps that is the only reason that I may demand for water pressure test to 4000ft...

At it is, the ulmost important for me is water tightness up to 100m, a depth that most of us enjoy our diving sports.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                          Very interesting subject indeed, I am wondering, when will be the day that I will ever dive 4000ft deep into the ocean? SD is mand for professional diver that challange the depth of ocean, preharps that is the only reason that I may demand for water pressure test to 4000ft...

At it is, the ulmost important for me is water tightness up to 100m, a depth that most of us enjoy our diving sports.

So when doing servicing in RSC, will they do the pressure test to 4000ft, even if u don't demand..ie is this part of servicings. or if u demand, will they charge us? if yes how much... can anyone advise?

Comment

Yes, SRC will perform pressure test for all the watch when send for servicing. My GMT II and My Mom DJ had gone through the test, hope that answer your worry. However, pressure test is not perform during the verification.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I think you can request for a seperate testing after verification. Or any watchmaker can do a waterproof testing for you.
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X