Pro-hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-hunter

Someone has offered me a Pro-hunter series Rolex Yachtmaster.

Since I'm not very well versed in the Pro-hunter editions, except I know that they command fairly high prices against their counterparts. Do any of you guys (and gals) have any thoughts on their values, collect-ability, demand, etc?

Where is the pro???

Comment

Darn it. I just found out that the Rolex guarantee is void if you own a Pro-hunter.

http://www.discoverprohunter.com/faq/

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
        Darn it. I just found out that the Rolex guarantee is void if you own a Pro-hunter.

http://www.discoverprohunter.com/faq/
        Yup. modified or customized rolex watches voids the warranty.

Comment

Since I'm not very well versed in the Pro-hunter editions, except I know that they command fairly high prices against their counterparts.
          i don't know how you derived at that remark... i don't see how a modified watch would command a higher price than an original; especially if logic dictates that RSC will probably never touch it again...

therefore the higher price is due to the company doing such work charging a premium over and above the RRP of the normal product. in this case, such "value" is only worth as much as the person buying (or intending to buy) the watch DEEMS it to be.

so, if you're a bajillionaire, and you have 100 high-eend watches, you would probably pay double to get a customized rolex watch so that you can stand it out of a crowd.

if it were me (i'm NOT a tycoon), i would place no additional value on what is an "illegally" customized rolex... i like mine stock, and i'm happy to wear a watch that hundreds of millions of other people also possess.

therefore... i would just buy a regular YM and keep the left over money for another watch.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

The prohunter mod looks nice but I'm not sure if it will command a premium at the resale market - maybe otherwise.
            On the YM, I feel the highlight of the watch is ruined because they DLC the platinum bezel - which is the signature of that watch.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              i don't know how you derived at that remark... i don't see how a modified watch would command a higher price than an original; especially if logic dictates that RSC will probably never touch it again...

therefore the higher price is due to the company doing such work charging a premium over and above the RRP of the normal product. in this case, such "value" is only worth as much as the person buying (or intending to buy) the watch DEEMS it to be.

so, if you're a bajillionaire, and you have 100 high-eend watches, you would probably pay double to get a customized rolex watch so that you can stand it out of a crowd.

if it were me (i'm NOT a tycoon), i would place no additional value on what is an "illegally" customized rolex... i like mine stock, and i'm happy to wear a watch that hundreds of millions of other people also possess.

therefore... i would just buy a regular YM and keep the left over money for another watch.
              In simple terms, it's like what Overfinch is to Range Rover, AMG to Mercedes. There is a premium attached after modifying.

Comment

In simple terms, it's like what Overfinch is to Range Rover, AMG to Mercedes. There is a premium attached after modifying.
                apples and oranges.

MB sells AMG-spec cars in their official show rooms... and warrants them like any other car sold.

maybe brabus?
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  apples and oranges.

MB sells AMG-spec cars in their official show rooms... and warrants them like any other car sold.

maybe brabus?
                  Brabus or AMG, makes no difference. Premium is attached right?

Comment

Brabus or AMG, makes no difference. Premium is attached right?
                    still not akin.

how about a toyota corolla that has been modified? new intake, lowered suspension, sporty exhaust... etc. would you pay a premium?

some would. i won't. what if it doesn't pass inspection?

Comment

So what you are saying is that you wouldn't buy an AMG or Brabus over a normal MB? Doesn't make sense what you are saying if they have an established brand. The only thing you would have to overcome is the warranty issue.

If Pro-hunter has service centres all over the world, then IMO it would mean they have already established their branding somewhat. Nevertheless, it seems the demand isn't established enough for resale.

Comment

So what you are saying is that you wouldn't buy an AMG or Brabus over a normal MB? Doesn't make sense what you are saying if they have an established brand. The only thing you would have to overcome is the warranty issue.

If Pro-hunter has service centres all over the world, then IMO it would mean they have already established their branding somewhat. Nevertheless, it seems the demand isn't established enough for resale.
                        my replies are going no where, so i'll end my input here. perhaps someone else will do a better job or be able to correct me.

Comment

My take is any seller can market anything and price them above or below norm.

Purists and/or non tycoon people (me) would not get a mod watch (even an established one like pro hunter) at a premier or discount.

For exactly the same reason that mortals like me won't or can't afford it's premier could be the reason that some others are drawn to it.

So, if it brings you joy, pay for it.

Cars are different. I would pay more for AMG, M or R. That's because I value modification to cars but not watches. So, can't compare in same breath. Lately, I have also been drawn to old cars with zero modification and comes with original parts.

Comment

In my opinion, 'after-market' cars and 'after-market' watches may not have the same expectations from their respective enthusiast.

In the case of watch enthusiast, most are 'purist' when comes to collection. Thus the re-sale value of a 'after-market' or modified watch generally has a lower demand as compared to an original watch. With manufacturer's warranty void, many may not want to risk it. Furthermore, the modifications does not improve the movements, thus mostly cosmetics. Worst, if it's just a short term trend of 'darken' watches, years to come the trend may fade off.

As for the case of 'after-market' cars (in the case of sports models), most enthusiast are 'performance hungry' people. Thus as long as the modifications means the cars are much faster & more powerful, there will be people willing to pay premium for a pre-owned. But even this may not be true if you are talking about certain collectable sports cars, I doubt many will pay premium for a vintage Ferrari Daytona if it it heavily modified by third party.

Just my 2 cents worth opinions.
                            Current
                            ------------
                            SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                            SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                            SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Ok Im going to make some really shallow comments but its just my own thoughts and opinions only, not referring to anyone in particular.

I will not buy or mod certain watches, for eg. Rolex. Reason is simple, I buy an AMG, M, or RS models of the makes Merc, BMW and Audi. When we mod these cars, at the end of the day, everyone still knows it a Merc, BMW or Audi, because even if you modify the aesthetics or the engine. People can still see what make is it.

When it comes to watches, its really sensitive since its so small and replicas are so readily available, when you have a modded watch, people see, orh fake lolex la, normal lolex all wording white colour one and only got SS or whatever material available nia, since when there is black lolex wan.

But cars are different, although replicas are possible but who would spend that kinda of money and not to mention the problems associated with such cars?

Thats why I would prefer a stock Rolex, so those people in the know will know its authentic rolex.

Kenliuliu1419 bro, I honestly think Pro Hunter watches are very nice, if I had really deep pockets, I would get one for the fun and refreshing look and uniqueness of it. But since I have really limited funds, I would get stock watches of various brands and models instead.

Go with your heart, I support U on the decision if the Prohunter watch in question is genuine rolex and modded by Pro Hunter and not some after market shop. Its really nice
                              Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X